news
wu-tang clan
bio's
media
store
blogs
forum
contact

Go Back   Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan > The Elements > Wu-Tang Chamber

Old 01-19-2012, 01:10 AM   #16
theheavens
Banned

theheavens Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)theheavens Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)theheavens Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)theheavens Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)theheavens Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)theheavens Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)theheavens Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)theheavens Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)theheavens Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)theheavens Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)theheavens Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

both of those albums needed to get rid of a few tracks. Cuban Linx starts off like a monster, first 8 tracks are banging, and then....shit goes downhill. doesn't pick up again til asson jones. they need to keep their albums short and sweet, but not wu-massacre short.
theheavens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2012, 04:57 AM   #17
Jin10304
Veteran Member

Jin10304 five deadly venomsJin10304 five deadly venomsJin10304 five deadly venomsJin10304 five deadly venomsJin10304 five deadly venomsJin10304 five deadly venomsJin10304 five deadly venomsJin10304 five deadly venoms

naw your trippin. After 8? I would never get rid of Broken Safety, Baggin Crack (perfect length btw), but I never liked Canal Street (sample used way to many times)
Jin10304 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2012, 05:18 AM   #18
billo
OG-18* WAT

billo prodigal sonbillo prodigal sonbillo prodigal sonbillo prodigal sonbillo prodigal sonbillo prodigal son

I did not like Wu massacre at all beat were all wack. Sorry to say.

2nite Shaolin vs Wu-Tang from start to finsh. I like the album but lets see if it grow in a classic.

What idea do u guys have for a new Wu-Tang album?
Old 01-19-2012, 06:25 AM   #19
fortyglock
Veteran Member

fortyglock prodigal sonfortyglock prodigal sonfortyglock prodigal sonfortyglock prodigal sonfortyglock prodigal sonfortyglock prodigal son

I think if they make a final group album then they should have RZA producing most the tracks, with a select few joints done by outside producers - whoever brings the heat.

As for 8 Diagrams, I thought that was a pretty good album despite its flaws.

In my opinion CL2 is the best Wu album since Supreme Clientele. It plays very well from start to finish without any need for skipping. The production was on point throughout the entire album. My main complaint with that album is that I felt Dre only gave Rae two of his subpar beats. We all know he's capable of producing much better tracks, so in that sense I was a bit underwhelmed by the two Dre joints.
fortyglock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2012, 01:27 PM   #20
9th Chamber
PRODIGAL SUN

9th Chamber crouching tiger

I've been bumping Cuban Linx 2 and Shoalin Vs all week long! I've been on a real Raekwon kick lately. I was psyched to hear his playing a show here in March! I missed his show last time around so I can't wait!
9th Chamber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2012, 02:34 PM   #21
GHOSTTOAST
Crackheads Beware !!!!

GHOSTTOAST grasshopper

Ehhh 8 Diagrams was plagued by subpar lyrics,overuse of R and b hooks("Unpredictable" has the weirdest and worst Wu hook ever),"Starter",lack of Ghostface,and just no enthusiasm at all..its a very mundane and depressing album ! Nonthing gives u an adrenaline rush or makes u bob ur neck till u feel bones snapping while making the meanest face u can possibly make ! So I hope the next Wu album is the opposite of this !

Last edited by GHOSTTOAST; 01-19-2012 at 02:37 PM.
GHOSTTOAST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2012, 02:56 PM   #22
theheavens
Banned

theheavens Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)theheavens Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)theheavens Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)theheavens Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)theheavens Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)theheavens Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)theheavens Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)theheavens Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)theheavens Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)theheavens Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)theheavens Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jin10304 View Post
naw your trippin. After 8? I would never get rid of Broken Safety, Baggin Crack (perfect length btw), but I never liked Canal Street (sample used way to many times)
I read a few reviews where people picked up on a Rae trend: first half great, second half not-so-great. Cuban Linx 2 and Shaolin vs. wu-tang are a good example, especially CL2. the dude starts off guns blazing, but then stops eating his wheaties or some shit, and doesn't pick up again til the end
theheavens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2012, 04:57 PM   #23
billo
OG-18* WAT

billo prodigal sonbillo prodigal sonbillo prodigal sonbillo prodigal sonbillo prodigal sonbillo prodigal son

I just finished listening to shaolin vs wu-tang. Its still a good solid album rock n roll is the only track that i did not enjoy. But its a easy 4 out of 5 album for me.

I want the next Wu album to just have banging beats get cilva and bronze and rza together.

Or maybe they should'nt drop an album if its going to be all over the place with wack beats, its not fair on us real fans. We want hard beats. Sick hooks, killa raps and get tekitha to sing on that mother fucka.

Need a sick name for the album and a sick cover.

3 disc would be sick. But that would never happen.
Old 01-19-2012, 11:55 PM   #24
billo
OG-18* WAT

What about mf doom or madlib doing some production on the next album?
Old 01-20-2012, 12:37 PM   #25
Hollow Dartz
Banned

Hollow Dartz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Hollow Dartz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Hollow Dartz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Hollow Dartz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Hollow Dartz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Hollow Dartz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Hollow Dartz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Hollow Dartz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Hollow Dartz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Hollow Dartz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Hollow Dartz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)
Send a message via AIM to Hollow Dartz

LOL this nigga is talking like this shit really gonna happen LMAO hahahahhahaaha, nigga is still in dreamland
Hollow Dartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2012, 11:23 PM   #26
BrokenWrists
PRODIGAL SUN

BrokenWrists iron monkeyBrokenWrists iron monkeyBrokenWrists iron monkeyBrokenWrists iron monkey

Far out maaaan.
BrokenWrists is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2012, 11:32 PM   #27
THUGNIFICENT
Eff Grandad

THUGNIFICENT five deadly venomsTHUGNIFICENT five deadly venomsTHUGNIFICENT five deadly venomsTHUGNIFICENT five deadly venomsTHUGNIFICENT five deadly venomsTHUGNIFICENT five deadly venomsTHUGNIFICENT five deadly venomsTHUGNIFICENT five deadly venomsTHUGNIFICENT five deadly venoms

won't be another album. these dudes each got another one or two solos and then wu is over. rza will be the only one still carrying the flag
THUGNIFICENT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2012, 12:00 AM   #28
Jin10304
Veteran Member

Jin10304 five deadly venomsJin10304 five deadly venomsJin10304 five deadly venomsJin10304 five deadly venomsJin10304 five deadly venomsJin10304 five deadly venomsJin10304 five deadly venomsJin10304 five deadly venoms

RZA? Lol hes retiring too after The Cure (if ever drops) and will probably just become a movie director/scorer. Music will be behind RZA eventually.
Jin10304 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2012, 12:14 AM   #29
THUGNIFICENT
Eff Grandad

THUGNIFICENT five deadly venomsTHUGNIFICENT five deadly venomsTHUGNIFICENT five deadly venomsTHUGNIFICENT five deadly venomsTHUGNIFICENT five deadly venomsTHUGNIFICENT five deadly venomsTHUGNIFICENT five deadly venomsTHUGNIFICENT five deadly venomsTHUGNIFICENT five deadly venoms

yeah. and he's gonna be the only one making anything music-related. it's gonna be a miserable twenty years for every member of this forum.
THUGNIFICENT is offline   Reply With Quote