news
wu-tang clan
bio's
media
store
blogs
forum
contact

Go Back   Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan > The Elements > Know The Ledge

Old 10-29-2005, 03:28 PM   #1
blackwisdom
Walk Like a Warrior

blackwisdom crouching tigerblackwisdom crouching tiger
Send a message via Yahoo to blackwisdom
Default Study and Tell

Study a couple of pages from a book then come back and tell us what you learned or something that you may have already known but think will be interesting to others. Each one teach one.

The Jump off:

This book is one from one of my soon to be authors under my new publishing company.

The Queen of Sheba
by: Miriam Robinson

I knew that the Queen of Sheba's name was Makeda, because there is a resturant downtown Portsmouth named Makeda's. Nice resturaunt that serves some great food with live entertainment (I blazed the mic there a couple of times. I need to go back soon). They're Rasta's and on their menue they tell of her story. But back to the book; I learned that Makeda's mother was Sami, a Cushite from the leniage of Noah, Ham, Cush, and Nimrod. I learned how they kept their libraries. They read from papyrus rolls in urns, animal and goat skins, wood, clay paintings, and stone carvings that went back nine to ten millenia. Through a merchant seaman Tamrin the meeting of Makeda and King Solomon came to pass. They had a son named Menelik who became the first Emporer of Ethiopia. Her book was written to inspire women to the understanding of their importance in the world today. Not only that, it's a great source of historical facts. She (Ms. Miriam) digs deep in this book. She has many facts about this legendary woman. We've had several conversations about her and many other figures as well. I would go deep into the book but I don't want to make this too long of a post.

Just give some general information on what you learned, lets make a few comments and move along. To read about the Queen of Sheba's meeting with King Solomon read 1 Kings 10:1-13.

Lets make this an edutaining thread.

Peace

"Read everything, listen to everybody, don't trust anything unless you can prove it with your research." - William "Bill" Cooper
Myspace Libradio Prison Radio/Mumia Fourty-Two/Seven
blackwisdom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2005, 05:01 PM   #2
Aqueous Moon
Veteran Member

Aqueous Moon grasshopper
Default Re: Study and Tell

Peace Black Wisdom -

This is a great idea you have come up with. This book I have in mind is called ,
"Piercing The Fog; Enlighten Luminaries", it was written by Yaffi Vashti. The author is one deep sister and this book was loaned to me by another very special person.

It is so hard to boil it down to a couple of pages. This book truly is a jewel from start to finish, but I will try to express some of the things I learned from it.

The author offers a lot of info about the legal cages of slavery we live in. She explains how they use all capitol letters in the spelling of names on legal documents to implement their rights of ownership of said person in such a document.

Yaffa tells us how we can combat this trickery by gaining legal sovereignty. Some of the things she suggests we do are: legally changing our names to reflect our righteous selves and not corresponding in the name they use as property. She also says that we should nationalize as a Moor to procalim our true identities. She also suggest that we get a complete undertanding of who and what the enemy is, especialy in his legal form.

Like you said, Black Wisdom I could go on and on. But, just knowing that this information is out there can give one the motivation to search it out.
Here is a link on some info about what the Moors are about today. You can get sovereignty through them.
http://www.radiostationcentral.com/

http://rds.yahoo.com/;_ylt=AhtGkgruH...ackturtle.html

Great pic of Bush in your sig : very eye - opening.
Peace, Aqueous Moon
Aqueous Moon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2005, 05:37 PM   #3
blackwisdom
Walk Like a Warrior

Her book almost sounds like a local warrior's book. He was a Captain in the Army but got out once he attained supreme knowledge of self. Once he learned that he was a decendent of the Moors, he changed his approach on life. He's a writer/poet/activist/teacher. Honestly I haven't read the book yet. I bought is several months ago when I met him at a fund raising poetry reading. I've spoken to him on several occasions and he's sorta mentored me through some very difficult decision making. A great Brother. As a matter of fact I think I'll read it right now. I'll be back after while with the scoop. Here's the cover and his POC info.

Manifesto Of A Black Man - Black Nationalism
Published by Latif A Tarik
Writer, Educator, Community Mentor

220 Elm Ave
Portsmouth, VA 23704
(757) 477 - 6284
latif_tarik@yahoo.com

Peace

"Read everything, listen to everybody, don't trust anything unless you can prove it with your research." - William "Bill" Cooper
Old 10-29-2005, 06:15 PM   #4
TeknicelStylez
I'll Fuck You Up

TeknicelStylez fist of furyTeknicelStylez fist of furyTeknicelStylez fist of furyTeknicelStylez fist of furyTeknicelStylez fist of furyTeknicelStylez fist of furyTeknicelStylez fist of furyTeknicelStylez fist of furyTeknicelStylez fist of furyTeknicelStylez fist of furyTeknicelStylez fist of fury
Send a message via AIM to TeknicelStylez Send a message via MSN to TeknicelStylez

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aqueousmoon
Peace Black Wisdom -

This is a great idea you have come up with. This book I have in mind is called ,
"Piercing The Fog; Enlighten Luminaries", it was written by Yaffi Vashti. The author is one deep sister and this book was loaned to me by another very special person.

It is so hard to boil it down to a couple of pages. This book truly is a jewel from start to finish, but I will try to express some of the things I learned from it.

The author offers a lot of info about the legal cages of slavery we live in. She explains how they use all capitol letters in the spelling of names on legal documents to implement their rights of ownership of said person in such a document.

Yaffa tells us how we can combat this trickery by gaining legal sovereignty. Some of the things she suggests we do are: legally changing our names to reflect our righteous selves and not corresponding in the name they use as property. She also says that we should nationalize as a Moor to procalim our true identities. She also suggest that we get a complete undertanding of who and what the enemy is, especialy in his legal form.

Like you said, Black Wisdom I could go on and on. But, just knowing that this information is out there can give one the motivation to search it out.

Great pic of Bush in your sig : very eye - opening.
Peace, Aqueous Moon
PEACE.

I'll have to check that out myself. My ancestors are from the Canary Islands, wich was conquered by the Moors, so I too am a descendent of the Moors. I will definately keep my eyes open for this book.

Big Pimpin Power Ranger Slappin Hoes Since 1986
TeknicelStylez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2005, 08:10 PM   #5
WARPATH
Dinosaur Hunter

WARPATH Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)WARPATH Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)WARPATH Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)WARPATH Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)WARPATH Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)WARPATH Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)WARPATH Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)WARPATH Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)WARPATH Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)WARPATH Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)WARPATH Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)
Send a message via Skype™ to WARPATH

Black Elk Speaks

A Biography by John G. Niedhardt

John Niedhardt comes to the Pine Ridge Indian reservation(where I currentley reside) and interviews Black Elk and some other old Natives about growing up during war times vs. the U.S. government-spirituality, and life of a boy growing to be warrior and defending families from crazy white people on their quest for gold in the black hills- thus far anyways i'm about 1/3 through the book-

It's interesting to hear about how the battles took place, and how brutal things got- and at the same time the intelligence in everything from war tactics to life and growing up in general.- exspecially when there's refrences in the book to land marks, and people when I interact with their grand children on the daily- seeing the difference on how are great great grand parents lived a hundred years ago and the struggle- and then stepping out side the front door- to see the similar struggle that still exist today

one thing I learned-

Harney Peek in the Black Hills is the Center of the Earth
Old 10-29-2005, 09:08 PM   #6
Os3y3ris
Veteran Member

Os3y3ris shaolin monk

Just finished "Thug or A Million Murders" by some guy named Sleeman. Its the real life stories of the Hindu/Muslim strangling fraternity. Learned quite a few things. Most interestingly it shed a different light in British imperialism. In this case, they really did seem to do some good in eliminating the Thuggee. As evil as the British were, perhaps there was some sincerity in their work on rare occassions? More relevantly, the book was an interesting look at religious fanaticsism. The Thugs would really seek approval from their god (Kali) to commit there murders. On the other hand, they'd break her laws and they saw that any negative response was her will. Also interesting is that the Muslim Thugs would deny Allah's complicity in their murders, but at the same time, claim Allah's acceptance due to them being ordered by Kali.

Good book.

Madness! Combustion! Liberty and the end of all law! The invisible international! The toast is anarchy!
Os3y3ris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2005, 11:21 AM   #7
blackwisdom
Walk Like a Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charging Soldier
Black Elk Speaks

A Biography by John G. Niedhardt

John Niedhardt comes to the Pine Ridge Indian reservation(where I currentley reside) and interviews Black Elk and some other old Natives about growing up during war times vs. the U.S. government-spirituality, and life of a boy growing to be warrior and defending families from crazy white people on their quest for gold in the black hills- thus far anyways i'm about 1/3 through the book-

It's interesting to hear about how the battles took place, and how brutal things got- and at the same time the intelligence in everything from war tactics to life and growing up in general.- exspecially when there's refrences in the book to land marks, and people when I interact with their grand children on the daily- seeing the difference on how are great great grand parents lived a hundred years ago and the struggle- and then stepping out side the front door- to see the similar struggle that still exist today

one thing I learned-

Harney Peek in the Black Hills is the Center of the Earth
Also read Bury My Heart of Wounded Knee. A Great book. I started it a while back but haven't completed it yet. It talks about the many battles of the Natives with the imperial powers of the "U.S." A muslim friend of mines recommended it to me one day in his book store. He said that it would brings you to tears. I would have cries already but I am very accustomed to their ways by now. I feel pain when I hear the story, but I don't allow it to consume me any longer.

I had to finish Latif Tarik's book last night that I mentioned earlier. A masterpiece. I love that Brother's heart and mind. I'ma reach out to him as soon as I'm done typing here as a matter of fact.

Lets keep learning and growing.

Hotep

Old 10-30-2005, 11:26 AM   #8
blackwisdom
Walk Like a Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Os3y3ris
Just finished "Thug or A Million Murders" by some guy named Sleeman. Its the real life stories of the Hindu/Muslim strangling fraternity. Learned quite a few things. Most interestingly it shed a different light in British imperialism. In this case, they really did seem to do some good in eliminating the Thuggee. As evil as the British were, perhaps there was some sincerity in their work on rare occassions? More relevantly, the book was an interesting look at religious fanaticsism. The Thugs would really seek approval from their god (Kali) to commit there murders. On the other hand, they'd break her laws and they saw that any negative response was her will. Also interesting is that the Muslim Thugs would deny Allah's complicity in their murders, but at the same time, claim Allah's acceptance due to them being ordered by Kali.

Good book.
From your understanding how, who, what, when, why, where did thug come from? If you can share that I would greatly appreciate it.

Hotep

Old 10-30-2005, 04:07 PM   #9
noel411
The ABBOTT

noel411 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)noel411 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)noel411 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)noel411 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)noel411 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)noel411 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)noel411 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)noel411 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)noel411 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)noel411 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)noel411 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

I am reading the conclusion to "Not Out of Africa". After going in to detail to show how some African American historians have essentially re-written history concerning the Greeks and Egyptians, in order to glorify the black man's role in history, by claiming such things as Greek philosophy and religion were borrowed, influenced, and even stolen from the Egyptians, it is now discussing the effects this has on history and African Americans today. Basically going into detail about how teaching false history to the youth is damaging in that it teaches people to accept what they're told, without seeking valid evidence to back it up, and also how it should not be acceptable to teach false history for the sake of racial glorification and upliftment. It also discusses the problem of white people being hesitant in refuting false Afrocentric teachings, for the fear of being labelled a "racist", and how this has helped Afrocentrists to teach their false history.

All in all the book is a good read. My history isn't all that great, which took away from it a little, as the book is based on Greek and Egyptian history, which I haven't studied since I was about 17-18, and has largely slipped my mind. I am actually enjoying the conclusion of the book more than the main body, as it gives a good broad argument for the damaging effects of teaching false history.
Old 10-30-2005, 04:13 PM   #10
Os3y3ris
Veteran Member

Os3y3ris shaolin monk

Quote:
From your understanding how, who, what, when, why, where did thug come from? If you can share that I would greatly appreciate it.

Hotep

I've done some research, but couldn't find a real hint of their origins, besides the fact that they're centuries old and Hindu, previously known simply as "phansigars" or "stranglers". According to the Thuggee, they were created by the god Kali. She was killing demons and every drop of blood she shed with her sword spawned another so she created two Thugs to kill them with a hankerchief. They strangled the demons and as a reward gained the right to murder all who Kali commanded. Thats the origin story. As for the facts of the matter, no one outside of Thuggee would really know and those inside are always insisting of the divinity of their origins and actions, so they wouldn't contradict that with a solid story.

Madness! Combustion! Liberty and the end of all law! The invisible international! The toast is anarchy!
Os3y3ris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2005, 05:33 PM   #11
blackwisdom
Walk Like a Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by noel411
I am reading the conclusion to "Not Out of Africa". After going in to detail to show how some African American historians have essentially re-written history concerning the Greeks and Egyptians, in order to glorify the black man's role in history, by claiming such things as Greek philosophy and religion were borrowed, influenced, and even stolen from the Egyptians, it is now discussing the effects this has on history and African Americans today. Basically going into detail about how teaching false history to the youth is damaging in that it teaches people to accept what they're told, without seeking valid evidence to back it up, and also how it should not be acceptable to teach false history for the sake of racial glorification and upliftment. It also discusses the problem of white people being hesitant in refuting false Afrocentric teachings, for the fear of being labelled a "racist", and how this has helped Afrocentrists to teach their false history.

All in all the book is a good read. My history isn't all that great, which took away from it a little, as the book is based on Greek and Egyptian history, which I haven't studied since I was about 17-18, and has largely slipped my mind. I am actually enjoying the conclusion of the book more than the main body, as it gives a good broad argument for the damaging effects of teaching false history.
I had to look this up. I read some of the exerpts from it and I see somewhat of where he's coming from. The hit on Dr. Ben is interesting. I don't know, Dr. Ben is on point. When I get the time I'll really check him out to see what he's really talking about. Some of what I scanned through bothered me. But it's all good, everyone has their say. For those of you who want to see that this book is real, here you go...

Hotep

Old 10-30-2005, 05:35 PM   #12
blackwisdom
Walk Like a Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Os3y3ris
[/color][/size]

I've done some research, but couldn't find a real hint of their origins, besides the fact that they're centuries old and Hindu, previously known simply as "phansigars" or "stranglers". According to the Thuggee, they were created by the god Kali. She was killing demons and every drop of blood she shed with her sword spawned another so she created two Thugs to kill them with a hankerchief. They strangled the demons and as a reward gained the right to murder all who Kali commanded. Thats the origin story. As for the facts of the matter, no one outside of Thuggee would really know and those inside are always insisting of the divinity of their origins and actions, so they wouldn't contradict that with a solid story.
Thank you for your well thought out response.

Hotep

Old 10-30-2005, 07:25 PM   #13
noel411
The ABBOTT

noel411 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)noel411 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)noel411 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)noel411 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)noel411 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)noel411 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)noel411 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)noel411 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)noel411 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)noel411 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)noel411 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Quote:
Some of what I scanned through bothered me
Yep. Well sometimes you've just gotta read things that bother you to get the full picture. Although I absolutely despise religion to the point of it often infuriating me, I read books from a pro-religious perspective so I can hear their side of the story. That's the best way to really learn about something imo.

Old 10-30-2005, 07:52 PM   #14
noel411
The ABBOTT

Btw, could you recommend a basic book on Afrocentrism and its teachings, to me. I just want a basic overview of Afrocentric teachings, and the reasons why such theories came to be accepted as truth. Written from an Afrocentric point of veiw preferably. I'm not looking for anything too in depth. About 200-300 pages would be good. Something easy to get hold of too.

Old 11-03-2005, 01:40 PM   #15
cd
YA BIG DUMMY!!!

cd grasshopper

very interesting....
cd is offline   Reply With Quote