news
wu-tang clan
bio's
media
store
blogs
forum
contact

Go Back   Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan > The Elements > Know The Ledge

Old 11-03-2005, 02:06 PM   #16
blackwisdom
Walk Like a Warrior

blackwisdom crouching tigerblackwisdom crouching tiger
Send a message via Yahoo to blackwisdom
Default Re: Study and Tell

Quote:
Originally Posted by noel411
Yep. Well sometimes you've just gotta read things that bother you to get the full picture.
I wasn't bothered by his info rather it was his motives. To start check out the sources that he was trying to degrade. Those brothers have done some indept research. Read Dr. Ben and Mr. Diop. Some really indept info. They have a strong bias as well but they understand the Emergency Room policy.

Hotep

"Read everything, listen to everybody, don't trust anything unless you can prove it with your research." - William "Bill" Cooper
Myspace Libradio Prison Radio/Mumia Fourty-Two/Seven
blackwisdom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2005, 02:48 PM   #17
noel411
The ABBOTT

noel411 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)noel411 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)noel411 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)noel411 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)noel411 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)noel411 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)noel411 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)noel411 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)noel411 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)noel411 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)noel411 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

I'm willing to read pro-Afrocentric material, that's why I asked about a general book. I'm not gonna study it in detail though, as it is not of particular interest to me, and I don't think I'd gain much from it. And that's nonsense that she (the author is female) set out to "degrade" the sources she spoke on. That's the sort of attitude that makes me think books like this one are very necessary. She barely even tried to refute what those people taught, more so just showed that there was no reason to believe what they taught, other than possibility, and in some cases probability. The book was about basing historical study on evidence, which she showed a lot of Afrocentric teachers do not do. She was a little bias too, as most people are, and she admitted as much in the conclusion, but she backed up everything she said with references to sources and historical studies.

All in all she put forward her case in a very reasonable, far from "degrading" (unless you've already decided this book sets out to degrade Afrocentrists, in which case you'll pretend it's degrading regardless of whether or not it is), manner. If you read the conclusion and epilogue at the end and you still can't see why it might be important for books like this to be written and shared with the public, then you're in self denial.

I think you should read it.
Old 11-03-2005, 03:49 PM   #18
blackwisdom
Walk Like a Warrior

Quote:
I'm willing to read pro-Afrocentric material, that's why I asked about a general book. 1)I'm not gonna study it in detail though, as it is not of particular interest to me, and I don't think I'd gain much from it. And that's nonsense that she (the author is female) set out to "degrade" the sources she spoke on. That's the sort of attitude that makes me think books like this one are very necessary. She 2.1)barely even tried to refute what those people taught, more so 2.2)just showed that there was no reason to believe what they taught, other than possibility, and in some cases probability. The book was about basing historical study on evidence, which she showed a lot of Afrocentric teachers do not do. She was a little bias too, as most people are, and she admitted as much in the conclusion, but 3)she backed up everything she said with references to sources and historical studies.

All in all she put forward her case in a very reasonable, far from "degrading" (4)unless you've already decided this book sets out to degrade Afrocentrists, in which case you'll pretend it's degrading regardless of whether or not it is), manner. 5)If you read the conclusion and epilogue at the end and you still can't see why it might be important for books like this to be written and shared with the public, then you're in self denial.

6)I think you should read it.
1) Then don't waste your time.

2) It looks to me that she is trying to knock what they are saying.

3) So do my scholars.

4) That's how you present her.

5) I won't waste my time to hear her out. I have too little time and too many productive things to do than stagnate myself with her work.

6) Opinion.

One more thing, why should I study her book that aparantly attempt to down play what Black and Brown people have been fighting for for 6000 years, and you won't study my scholars? It doesn't add up to me.

Hotep

"Read everything, listen to everybody, don't trust anything unless you can prove it with your research." - William "Bill" Cooper
Old 11-03-2005, 05:10 PM   #19
noel411
The ABBOTT

noel411 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)noel411 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)noel411 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)noel411 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)noel411 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)noel411 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)noel411 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)noel411 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)noel411 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)noel411 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)noel411 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

1. I don't plan to.

2. If you read the book you will see why she says what she says. At times her manner of wording suggests that she may find certain Afrocentric teachings to be absurd, but she also shows a good case for what makes her feel that way. At no point does she try to "knock" anybodies beliefs.

3. Good. That's always positive.

4. That's how you want me to present her.

5. No worries. Your loss. Just be sure not to write off any of her work, studies, or beliefs, unless you've actually read her work.

6. Certainly.

One more thing. For the third time now, I will present my interest in reading a general overview of Afrocentric studies and teachings. This book was less than 200 pages. I am willing to give up 200-300 pages of my time to see the other side of the story.

Quote:
why should I study her book that aparantly attempt to down play what Black and Brown people have been fighting for for 6000 years
It's entirely your choice. If you wanna continually fill your head with one side of the story, that's up to you. Just realise that there are plenty of more widely learned people out there who will always have arguments for your one sided beliefs.
Old 11-03-2005, 05:26 PM   #20
WARPATH
Dinosaur Hunter

WARPATH Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)WARPATH Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)WARPATH Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)WARPATH Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)WARPATH Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)WARPATH Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)WARPATH Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)WARPATH Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)WARPATH Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)WARPATH Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)WARPATH Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)
Send a message via Skype™ to WARPATH

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackwisdom
Also read Bury My Heart of Wounded Knee. A Great book. I started it a while back but haven't completed it yet. It talks about the many battles of the Natives with the imperial powers of the "U.S." A muslim friend of mines recommended it to me one day in his book store. He said that it would brings you to tears. I would have cries already but I am very accustomed to their ways by now. I feel pain when I hear the story, but I don't allow it to consume me any longer.

I had to finish Latif Tarik's book last night that I mentioned earlier. A masterpiece. I love that Brother's heart and mind. I'ma reach out to him as soon as I'm done typing here as a matter of fact.

Lets keep learning and growing.

Hotep
that's interesting- I live about 5 miles away from the wounded knee massacre site, the mass grave is there on top of a hill and old church is built.- as a child I didn't know what happened their and of course when as I became older I found out- I had played in the small canyons and walked where my ancestors hid while they were being hunted by American soldiers- alot of the people that live in the housing there believe that whole area is haunted- I've never had an experience with ghosts while living there but I have family that've had some wicked experiences- also - when I started reading Black Elk speaks- where black elk was interviewed- I realized I had been there before or near there- an old abandoned house in white horse creek north of wounded knee- I could be wrong and that may not be the place but it puts a vivid image in my head when I read the book.
Old 11-04-2005, 01:17 PM   #21
blackwisdom
Walk Like a Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charging Soldier
that's interesting- I live about 5 miles away from the wounded knee massacre site, the mass grave is there on top of a hill and old church is built.- as a child I didn't know what happened their and of course when as I became older I found out- I had played in the small canyons and walked where my ancestors hid while they were being hunted by American soldiers- alot of the people that live in the housing there believe that whole area is haunted- I've never had an experience with ghosts while living there but I have family that've had some wicked experiences- also - when I started reading Black Elk speaks- where black elk was interviewed- I realized I had been there before or near there- an old abandoned house in white horse creek north of wounded knee- I could be wrong and that may not be the place but it puts a vivid image in my head when I read the book.
I almost got chills while reading your post. It's a crime of the highest degree, what the American Army did to the Native Americans and Africans. I would really like to visit those sites to witness first hand the spirit of the land. It's a shame but it seems that Africans, Native Americans, and Caribbean people are talking about unifying for a common cause. I pray that it happens soon because the way the power structure is going right now destruction is unavoidable. Certain types of people don't need certain levels of power for too extended periods of time, but I feel that it's time.

Right now I'm studying up on Kwanzaa. ODU is going to have a outstanding Kwanzaa celebration this year. I've spoken to one of my Brothers who is the President of the committee and he said that they're going to bring the old school flavor back.

noel despite different world views I know that we'll all continue to be...

Hotep

Old 11-04-2005, 07:44 PM   #22
noel411
The ABBOTT

Quote:
noel despite different world views I know that we'll all continue to be...
Word is Bon Jovi.
Old 11-05-2005, 01:14 PM   #23
Aqueous Moon
Veteran Member

Aqueous Moon grasshopper

Peace

This next book that I have in mind is pretty popular. It is "Natural Cures They Don't Want You To Know About" by Kevin Trudeau.

I am pretty much a night owl...I hate sleep, usually I don't sleep, but anyway I kept seeing this damn infomercial on t.v., and one night i decided to pay attentiion to it. Kevin was basically talking about the conspiracy between the FDA and the FTC. It is suffice to say that as soon I hear conspiracy talk I'm all ears...lol.

So, I ordered the book and he does go in great detail about how the food companies aim to keep people sick and addicted to poison foods to in turn create more demand for those products and leave people in need of various drugs to combat their resulting illness.

He also, gives you a lot of different ways to detox your body like doing colon cleanses, he tells you about eliminating candida, and doing alphabiotics...the list goes on.

I liked this book, but I was really annoyed with the constant pitching of various cleansing products. He was so busy trying to sell me something that I had I hard time focusing on the info he presents. It was definitely worth the read though. And shows you how money controls all aspects of America.

Peace
Aqueous Moon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2005, 05:31 PM   #24
blackwisdom
Walk Like a Warrior

Quote:
Btw, could you recommend a basic book on Afrocentrism and its teachings, to me. I just want a basic overview of Afrocentric teachings, and the reasons why such theories came to be accepted as truth. Written from an Afrocentric point of veiw preferably. I'm not looking for anything too in depth. About 200-300 pages would be good. Something easy to get hold of too.

Look up Molefi Asante. He made some comments about the book you recommended.

Hotep

Old 11-12-2005, 05:34 PM   #25
JASPER
Dr. Rosenpenis

JASPER Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)JASPER Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)JASPER Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)JASPER Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)JASPER Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)JASPER Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)JASPER Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)JASPER Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)JASPER Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)JASPER Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)JASPER Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

I started reading Mein Kampf... it's pretty interesting. I'll quote some interesting parts if I can find a translation.
Old 11-12-2005, 05:34 PM   #26
blackwisdom
Walk Like a Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aqueous Moon
Peace

This next book that I have in mind is pretty popular. It is "Natural Cures They Don't Want You To Know About" by Kevin Trudeau.

I am pretty much a night owl...I hate sleep, usually I don't sleep, but anyway I kept seeing this damn infomercial on t.v., and one night i decided to pay attentiion to it. Kevin was basically talking about the conspiracy between the FDA and the FTC. It is suffice to say that as soon I hear conspiracy talk I'm all ears...lol.

So, I ordered the book and he does go in great detail about how the food companies aim to keep people sick and addicted to poison foods to in turn create more demand for those products and leave people in need of various drugs to combat their resulting illness.

He also, gives you a lot of different ways to detox your body like doing colon cleanses, he tells you about eliminating candida, and doing alphabiotics...the list goes on.

I liked this book, but I was really annoyed with the constant pitching of various cleansing products. He was so busy trying to sell me something that I had I hard time focusing on the info he presents. It was definitely worth the read though. And shows you how money controls all aspects of America.

Peace
Yeah, I been reading this.
It's a must for anyone's library.

Hotep

Old 11-14-2005, 03:33 AM   #27
noel411
The ABBOTT

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackwisdom
Look up Molefi Asante. He made some comments about the book you recommended.

Hotep
Cool. I'll see if I can't get my hands on something he wrote. Thanks.