news
wu-tang clan
bio's
media
store
blogs
forum
contact

Go Back   Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan > The Elements > Sound Shack

Old 02-04-2012, 02:14 PM   #1
CharlesJones
Veteran Member

CharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of fury
Default I Don't Like Prince After Watching Jesse Johnson's Interview

I watched old footage on Youtube of Jesse Johnson of 80's r&b group The Time being interviewed on BET's Video Soul by Donnie Simpson. Jesse spoke about Prince being controlling of the group and cancelling several of their concerts. He talked about Jimmy Jam and Terry Lewis being fired by Prince because they went to Atlanta to work on The SOS Band's album. Jesse said they did that because they got tired of Prince shitting on them and Jesse said he was hurt they were fired because he said he used to live with Terry Lewis and Terry is a brother to him. Jesse said Morris Day eventually went solo because he got tired of how Prince was treating the group and Jesse said that's why he also decided to go solo. The Time has a new album out but they aren't called The Time anymore because i guess Prince has the rights to the name. I heard some snippets of the songs from the album and i wasn't liking what i heard. Jesse also said Prince was scared that the group was gonna do better than him at the concerts. So that's why he cancelled some of their concerts.
CharlesJones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2012, 02:28 PM   #2
check two
N.I.

check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)

Prince is a creepy dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirty Knowledge View Post
lol check 2, always bringing the funny jokes. that one made me really chuckle.
check two is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2012, 02:42 PM   #3
CharlesJones
Veteran Member

CharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of fury

Yes he is LOL. He's made some good songs but i gave up on him after Parade album. I like his 80's funky songs. I think he fell off after the 80's. 1999 and Purple Rain are his best albums and his fans may disagree with me and i don't care. I think if he had done more funky jams than love songs, i would've still listened to him after the 80's. After watching Jesse Johnson's interview, i lost respect for Prince because i don't like controlling people. That was terrible how he did The Time and i'm sure he was the same way towards Vanity 6, Appolonia 6, Sheila E. So sad what happened to Vanity. I was in love with her when i was a kid. I think she could've had a longer career if she hadn't done drugs. Men think Beyonce and Rihanna are the hottest female singers now but guys my age probably know about Vanity and a lot of men wanted her back in the day. If these black men youngsters now knew about Vanity, they would say she was just as hot as Beyonce and Rihanna. All they gotta do is look at old footage of her on Youtube and they'll see what i'm talking about. I still watch old footage of her on Youtube because i never get tired of looking at her LOL. She was so damn fine. She's picked up some weight now but she's still cute. She had a birthday last month and she's 53 now.
Old 02-04-2012, 02:46 PM   #4
check two
N.I.

check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)

Is Prince really 5 foot 3?

Mohawks don't look good on a broad

Quote:
Old 02-04-2012, 02:52 PM   #5
CharlesJones
Veteran Member

He has a mohawk? Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha. He's always been weird.
Old 02-04-2012, 02:55 PM   #6
check two
N.I.

I was referring to Rhiana's weird hair do's

Quote:
Old 02-04-2012, 02:59 PM   #7
CharlesJones
Veteran Member

Oh my bad. Rihanna is my baby. I like her hairstyles. She's been acting weird lately though. She got some tattoos on her hands that say thug life and she's been seeing Chris Brown lately. I don't know if she's trying to get back with him but i don't see anything wrong with her giving him a second chance. Maybe he won't beat her again. He better not beat her. I read that he has a girlfriend. Let's keep this topic about Prince shitting on The Time.
Old 02-04-2012, 03:03 PM   #8
check two
N.I.

You're the one who brought up Rhianna, fool. Insecure and desperate people go back to one's who have abused them. If she does, she deserves to get knocked out again.

Maybe some of the conflict between Prince and the Time had to do with intimate relationship problems between them.

Quote:
Old 02-05-2012, 09:46 AM   #9
LORD NOSE
The Smell of The Future

LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Old 02-06-2012, 04:39 AM   #10
CharlesJones
Veteran Member

That might be the one i'm talking about. The interview i saw, Jesse was wearing a ugly black hat hahahahahahahahahahahahaha. I got Jesse's first solo album and it's pretty good. I like the songs Be Your Man, I Want My Girl, Just Too Much, Let's Have Some Fun, Can You Help Me. LOL@Jesse wearing pink clothes in the album pictures. He also wore pink clothes on The Time's Ice Cream Castle album cover LOL. I also heard his 2nd solo album Shockadelica and it's terrible. He's done 3 other solo albums i haven't heard and i don't think i wanna hear them. He did a solo album a few years ago which is a double album. I didn't know he was still doing music. Most 70's and 80's r&b artists that are still doing music aren't making good music like they did back in the day.
Old 02-18-2012, 11:06 PM   #11
Longbongcilvaringz

Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

You're just now realising, outside of music, Prince is a fucking idiot and a cunt?

I don't see why it matters anyway...

Longbongcilvaringz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 08:28 PM   #12
9th Warrior
The Poet You Never Were

9th Warrior crouching tiger
Send a message via AIM to 9th Warrior

Purple Rain is an immoral album but I think that has more to do with Wendy & Lisa's influence than Prince himself. Once they were out of the picture, his shit never reached anywhere near that level of greatness again.
Old 03-07-2012, 12:11 PM   #13
djskillz
Raggamuffin

djskillz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)djskillz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)djskillz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)djskillz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)djskillz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)djskillz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)djskillz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)djskillz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)djskillz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)djskillz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)djskillz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

^i'd argue sign o the times is on the level of purple rain. he fell off after batman imo.

So many bodies on my microphone the shit's haunted
djskillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 02:29 PM   #14
LORD NOSE
The Smell of The Future

LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9th Warrior View Post
Purple Rain is an immoral album but I think that has more to do with Wendy & Lisa's influence than Prince himself. Once they were out of the picture, his shit never reached anywhere near that level of greatness again.
i agree

the revolution was iLL
Old 03-10-2012, 02:06 PM   #15
CharlesJones
Veteran Member

I agree that Purple Rain was his last good album. I think 1999 is his best album. I don't know why his music stopped being funky after Purple Rain.