news
wu-tang clan
bio's
media
store
blogs
forum
contact

Go Back   Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan > The Elements > The Sports Zone

View Poll Results: Michael Phelps Greatest Athlete Alive!!
Yes 9 31.03%
No 20 68.97%
Voters: 29. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-15-2008, 05:46 PM   #1
Ghost In The 'Lac
crushed out heavenly

Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)
Default Micheal Phelps listens to Lil Wayne before he Races

Lil Wayne Is The Music Of Champions, Ask Michael Phelps

August 13th, 2008 | Author: Aliya Ewing
The world watched in awe as Michael Phelps set a new Olympic gold standard Wednesday, winning the 10th and 11th titles of his career. Competing in his third Olympics, Phelps surpassed Olympic legends Carl Lewis, Paavo Nurmi, Larysa Latynina, and Mark Spitz, who all won nine golds in their careers respectively.
As most athletes know, music can help create a winning mind-frame. Boxers often walk out to the ring with their favorite track blaring in the background. Football and basketball teams can usually be found getting amped up in the locker room to a playlist of songs specifically designed to gear them up for the game. So what does an 11-time Olympic gold medalist listen to while readying himself to break more world records? He calls upon the current gold medalist in Hip Hop--Lil Wayne.
When asked by The Today Show what music he listens to while preparing to swim, Phelps paused before replying "Lil Wayne- 'I'm Me'" which includes the champion-themed lyrics:

"The hottest under the sun/ aint nobody fuckin' wit me, man/ and you already know that pimpin'/...fuck up my dreams; somebody gon' die tonight"
and "Aint nothin' gonna stop me, so just envy it/ Hey, I'll accept a friendly quit/ I'm me/ bitch, I'm me/ so who you?/ you're not me/ you're not me/ and I know that aint fair, but i don't care"
Lil Wayne, a champion in his own right, has sold over 2 million copies of Tha Carter 3 in only eight weeks--a feat almost unheard of in today's slumped music industry.
HipHopDX congratulates both Phelps and Lil Wayne for their tremendous success.

http://www.hiphopdx.com/index/news/i...michael-phelps

This is the song "im me"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_mc6-pOM-0M
Old 08-15-2008, 05:47 PM   #2
Fatal Guillotine
Veteran Member

Fatal Guillotine Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Fatal Guillotine Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Fatal Guillotine Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Fatal Guillotine Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Fatal Guillotine Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Fatal Guillotine Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Fatal Guillotine Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Fatal Guillotine Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Fatal Guillotine Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Fatal Guillotine Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Fatal Guillotine Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

smh
Fatal Guillotine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2008, 06:02 PM   #3
Oztradamus
The Cure-Coming Neveruary

Oztradamus five deadly venomsOztradamus five deadly venomsOztradamus five deadly venomsOztradamus five deadly venomsOztradamus five deadly venomsOztradamus five deadly venomsOztradamus five deadly venomsOztradamus five deadly venomsOztradamus five deadly venomsOztradamus five deadly venoms

America, Fuck Yeah!!!!

Oztradamus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2008, 06:04 PM   #4
Ritter
'Section 9'

Ritter five deadly venomsRitter five deadly venomsRitter five deadly venomsRitter five deadly venomsRitter five deadly venomsRitter five deadly venomsRitter five deadly venomsRitter five deadly venomsRitter five deadly venoms

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allahs_Disciple View Post
smh
Co-Sign
Ritter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2008, 06:22 PM   #5
Ghost In The 'Lac
crushed out heavenly

Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

music of champions
Old 08-15-2008, 06:39 PM   #6
Ritter
'Section 9'

Ritter five deadly venomsRitter five deadly venomsRitter five deadly venomsRitter five deadly venomsRitter five deadly venomsRitter five deadly venomsRitter five deadly venomsRitter five deadly venomsRitter five deadly venoms

Quote:
Originally Posted by GHOSTLACED View Post
music of champions
Look at it this way:

Lil Wayne's music is shit. But Phelps listens to it.

That doesn't make Lil Wayne's music better, it just makes Phelps a pop fan.
Old 08-15-2008, 07:06 PM   #7
Ghost In The 'Lac
crushed out heavenly

no it makes Phelps the greatest Olympian of all time.
Old 08-15-2008, 07:09 PM   #8
Ritter
'Section 9'

His results make him the greatest Olympian of all time.
Old 08-15-2008, 07:12 PM   #9
Bg_Knocc_Out
Mayonase

Bg_Knocc_Out crouching tigerBg_Knocc_Out crouching tiger
Send a message via AIM to Bg_Knocc_Out

Haha, got to give it up to Ghostlaced, he knows how to get members here pissed off.
Bg_Knocc_Out is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2008, 07:19 PM   #10
Ghost In The 'Lac
crushed out heavenly

2 phenoms of the modern world, it makes sense they join.

But the question we must ask now is, would Phelps of won as many Gold medals, if he wasnt listening to "I'm Me", by lil Wayne?

Sure I'm betting he wouldve won some Golds, but 6 Golds? I'd be willing to bet Wayne is worth 2 of those Golds.
Old 08-15-2008, 07:22 PM   #11
Bg_Knocc_Out
Mayonase

Haha, Wayne worth 2 Gold Medals? Now you're getting to me...
Old 08-15-2008, 07:25 PM   #12
Rame
Wu Vatican

Rame Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Rame Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Rame Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Rame Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Rame Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Rame Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Rame Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Rame Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Rame Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Rame Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Rame Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Last olympics he listened to Eminem a lot.

No big deal.
Rame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2008, 07:32 PM   #13
Ghost In The 'Lac
crushed out heavenly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bg_Knocc_Out View Post
Haha, Wayne worth 2 Gold Medals?
Prove me wrong.
Old 08-15-2008, 07:36 PM   #14
Ritter
'Section 9'

Quote:
Prove me wrong.

2 golds... Yea rite.
Old 08-15-2008, 07:41 PM   #15
Bg_Knocc_Out
Mayonase

Quote:
Prove me wrong.
Prove yourself right, just because he listens to the song, don't mean he wins because of it.