news
wu-tang clan
bio's
media
store
blogs
forum
contact

Go Back   Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan > The Elements > Wu-Tang Chamber

Old 02-16-2012, 06:19 PM   #1
josborne3680
Peace CT

josborne3680 iron monkeyjosborne3680 iron monkeyjosborne3680 iron monkey
Default The Great Migration vs School for the Blindman

Recently put 'Great Migration' back in the rotation. Am I the only one who feels this album is clearly superior over Bronze's latest offering? I enjoy 'School...' but the solo tracks on in cant touch 'GM's solo tracks. To me the highlights on 'School' are mostly tracks with guests. My overall ratings, 'The Great Migration' gets 8.86 and 'School for Blindman' gets 7.02. Peace
josborne3680 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 07:05 PM   #2
Dr. Simon Hurt
Madrigal Elektromotoren

Location: my own private domicile, and I will not be harassed...bitch!
Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

How did you come up with those ratings? I get something like a 7.5 but 7.02? wtf

Great Migration is definitely a better album, but the mastering is fucking awful and straight up ruins several songs
Dr. Simon Hurt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 07:18 PM   #3
angry!
Banned

angry! Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)angry! Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)angry! Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)angry! Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)angry! Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)angry! Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)angry! Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)angry! Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)angry! Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)angry! Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)angry! Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

^^^ by using a carefully calibrated douche scale

i could stay awake for the great migration...

school for the blindman put me out like chloroform!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

bronze naz should retire from the mic and kick his bullshit at poetry jams...

wasted years of his life putting that LP together and no one cared...

step your networking skills up and drop an album with a rapper that doesnt suck...

watch life change...

he must like sharing the futon with kevlarrd 7!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

pumping crack >>>> pumping gas
angry! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 07:42 PM   #4
THE W
ISRAELITE

THE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venoms

blindman is better production wise. both bronze and kev have stepped up with the beats since TGM and wisemen approaching.

i'll give the slight nod to TGM lyrically. bronze got busy on both albums though.

you cant lose with either one but im playing blindman a lot more.
The wrath of God is being revealed from heaven against all the godlessness and wickedness of men who suppress the truth by their wickedness, since what may be known about God is plain to them, because God has made it plain to them. For since the creation of the world God’s invisible qualities—his eternal power and divine nature—have been clearly seen, being understood from what has been made, so that men are without excuse. (Romans 1:18-20)
THE W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 08:34 PM   #5
Dr. Simon Hurt
Madrigal Elektromotoren

Location: my own private domicile, and I will not be harassed...bitch!
Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

^do you rate his albums more highly than the clan members' albums that dropped contemporaneously?

his albums needed more features and better engineering...there's a difference between "dusty and rugged" and "goddamn it i can't bump this in my car it sounds like it was recorded on a laptop", a distinction which alot of underground artists don't seem to understand.

i think there's a reason his best sounding beats are still the ones he produced for rza.
Dr. Simon Hurt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 09:28 PM   #6
TAURO
El Don of this shit

TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

I enjoy both albums a lot but I was bumping Blindman the other day and I noticed just how bad the sound mixing was, it was really bad. Better off listening to it through headphones than on speakers.

"I pledge allegiance to the hip hop"
Method Man
TAURO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 11:02 PM   #7
THE W
ISRAELITE

THE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venoms

engineering is definitely something bronze needs to work on. the mixing for a number of songs on both his solos are shitty.

blindman isnt as bad as TGM but dude needs to mix his shit down a whole lot better.
The wrath of God is being revealed from heaven against all the godlessness and wickedness of men who suppress the truth by their wickedness, since what may be known about God is plain to them, because God has made it plain to them. For since the creation of the world God’s invisible qualities—his eternal power and divine nature—have been clearly seen, being understood from what has been made, so that men are without excuse. (Romans 1:18-20)
Old 02-16-2012, 11:33 PM   #8
Creepshow
Pirate Gunslinger

Creepshow iron monkeyCreepshow iron monkeyCreepshow iron monkey

Tgm.
Old 02-17-2012, 12:38 AM   #9
Lex Lugor
Parcheesi faced

Lex Lugor Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Lex Lugor Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Lex Lugor Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Lex Lugor Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Lex Lugor Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Lex Lugor Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Lex Lugor Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Lex Lugor Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Lex Lugor Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Lex Lugor Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Lex Lugor Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Tracks like Poem Burial Ground/ 5th chamber are killer, but I never could listen to that one all the way through. Blindman for sure is my vote, out of any wisemen related release too. Gommorah is just Monstrous right now.. and wasnt that cornbread eatin ass nigguh angry raving about the thing when it first came out?

Lex Lugor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 06:28 AM   #10
soren

soren crouching tiger

School For The Blindman is the best. Better production and Bronze spit dope lyrics.
The Letter is better than any solo tracks on TGM!
Still TGM was an amazing album though!
soren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 08:41 AM   #11
josborne3680
Peace CT

josborne3680 iron monkeyjosborne3680 iron monkeyjosborne3680 iron monkey

I thought the overall production was better on TGM. Had more of that rugged Wu sound. Blindman had more of a soul sound, which isnt a bad thing. But, some of it was kind of vanilla to me. Basically I can listen to TGM pretty much straight through while I skip more on Blindman. Peace
josborne3680 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 09:54 AM   #12
Creepshow
Pirate Gunslinger

The Pain eats up most of School all by itself.
Old 02-17-2012, 09:59 AM   #13
THE W
ISRAELITE

worship >>> TGM
Old 02-17-2012, 10:05 AM   #14
FasterBlade
Veteran Member

FasterBlade five deadly venomsFasterBlade five deadly venomsFasterBlade five deadly venomsFasterBlade five deadly venomsFasterBlade five deadly venomsFasterBlade five deadly venomsFasterBlade five deadly venomsFasterBlade five deadly venomsFasterBlade five deadly venoms

TGM's beats are clearly better

i like Blindman, but i dont find myself wanting to go back for more outside of Gommorah and Worship. the middle of the lp is a bit bland
Old 02-17-2012, 10:23 AM   #15
Creepshow
Pirate Gunslinger

Worship is pretty good and 4th Down is great. The group tracks on School are better for sure. I made my own mix of the two albums and compared to the TGM tracks, the newer songs sound lower and don't bang as hard.