news
wu-tang clan
bio's
media
store
blogs
forum
contact

Go Back   Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan > The Elements > The Sports Zone

Old 10-30-2005, 09:32 AM   #1
THE W
ISRAELITE

THE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venoms
Default NBA dress code

i think this dress codes is a tragedy. i dont see how wearing headphones or hiphop clothes is inappropriate. children seeing someone sit down and watch a game in hiphop clothing is not going to currupt their morals and values. im really sick of hearing people who defend this rule say dumb shit about how its gonna benefit our youth. FUCK OFF!!

this is a product of the falicy of society that believes that everyone but our parents is supposed to be our role model for our children. parents dont think they should be responsible for their childrens upbringing as far as their morals and values.

the reason for this change is because the league has gotten too "hiphop" and its dissasociating the white suburban upperclass season ticket holders and the "good old boy" rightwing advertising sponsors. i can understand that. just say it and dont insult my intelligence with all this other crap.
The wrath of God is being revealed from heaven against all the godlessness and wickedness of men who suppress the truth by their wickedness, since what may be known about God is plain to them, because God has made it plain to them. For since the creation of the world God’s invisible qualities—his eternal power and divine nature—have been clearly seen, being understood from what has been made, so that men are without excuse. (Romans 1:18-20)
THE W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2005, 10:22 AM   #2
hellbound
since birth...

hellbound grasshopper
Send a message via AIM to hellbound
Default Re: NBA dress code

yeah i agree, that shit is ridiculous
Old 10-30-2005, 11:04 AM   #3
MaShPG
MASTER deBATER

MaShPG grasshopper

fa sho, the NBA has always been trying to dissasosciate themselves with Hip Hop. Haha, this kinda reminds me of when Larry Bird said "the nba would benefit from having a white star" everybody yelled at him cause he gave away their plan.

WHAT'S GOING ON?
MaShPG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2005, 11:53 AM   #4
THE W
ISRAELITE

THE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venoms

^^lol exactly,

this league has been carried by african-american stars for decades and now they wanna try cramp a brotha's style. this is some borderline racist bullshit.
The wrath of God is being revealed from heaven against all the godlessness and wickedness of men who suppress the truth by their wickedness, since what may be known about God is plain to them, because God has made it plain to them. For since the creation of the world God’s invisible qualities—his eternal power and divine nature—have been clearly seen, being understood from what has been made, so that men are without excuse. (Romans 1:18-20)
Old 10-30-2005, 11:59 AM   #5
baby jesus
Veteran Member

baby jesus crouching tigerbaby jesus crouching tiger

I Agree I Was Always The Kid In Sports Who Never Got Along With The Coach Or Dress Code Like Shorts Above The Knee But I Always Sagged Them Below The Knee Anyway So I'm Use To Gay Shit Like That I Hated It. With That Said I Dont Think It Hurts To Look Professional Though Jordan Had No Problem Doing It The Same As Ewing So I Agree It Shouldnt Be A Code Placed In But Guys Should Dress That Way Anyway Dont Force It Though.
baby jesus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2005, 12:02 PM   #6
RynMur
LVsMostBlunted

RynMur iron monkeyRynMur iron monkeyRynMur iron monkey

It's not a big deal, it's just a rule. I don't know why most of the players are acting immature about it, they're getting paid million dollars to have fun, c'mon, is looking professional that hard to do? Some players need to realize that most jobs require a casual business code.
Old 10-30-2005, 12:09 PM   #7
THE W
ISRAELITE

^^for sitting on the sidline?

of course it doesnt hurt to wear a suit, it also doesnt hurt to where hiphop clothing. there is already a dress code where when you are in the game you wear your team uniform.

is seeing a player not in the game sitting on the sideline wearing urban clothing hard to look at? this is the league bustin balls.
Old 10-30-2005, 12:26 PM   #8
Orion Nebulus
Scientifical Ninja

Orion Nebulus drunken mastaOrion Nebulus drunken masta

Well I have to say Im not very suprised about this...I saw this coming a long time ago. Commisioner Stern is on some sort of power trip. Basically he's treating these nba players like there in high school or something...its ridiculous!!! Every individual has the absolute right to express who they are..whether its wearing "hiphop" clothing, green hair, ripped up jeans..whatever. If you want to wear a suit then thats fine...but you shouldnt be forced to do so. People are more interested in watching the game..not the fuckin sideline.

"One arm bandit..stab companions with intricate sentences...battle crews single- handed..with cannons that blow you from here to other planets."
Orion Nebulus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2005, 12:28 PM   #9
Escobar_Incorporated
Politics As Usual

Escobar_Incorporated grasshopper

i cant see why these millionaires wont wear a nice suit every once and a while..gee whiz, the NBA is a business and you must dress accordingly. if i had the money these guys had, I would have the illest wardrobe..nothing but armani suits and prada wingtips..

Esco & Deini: The Corp's Tubbs & Crockett. We do it Miami Vice style 2006.
Escobar_Incorporated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2005, 12:41 PM   #10
THE W
ISRAELITE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Escobar_Incorporated
i cant see why these millionaires wont wear a nice suit every once and a while..gee whiz, the NBA is a business and you must dress accordingly. if i had the money these guys had, I would have the illest wardrobe..nothing but armani suits and prada wingtips..
because some people hate wearing suits(i do myself) and i dont see why it is a harmful for a player to wear urban clothing and sit on the GOTDAMN sideline and watch a game or for someone to where jewelry and headphones while getting off the fuckin bus and walking to the locker room to change into their player uniform.

you're taking away someone's freedom to dress as he pleases for NOTHING.
Old 10-30-2005, 12:43 PM   #11
Escobar_Incorporated
Politics As Usual

so if your employer decided to implement a business dress code you wouldnt obey it even if millions were on the line?

Old 10-30-2005, 12:50 PM   #12
THE W
ISRAELITE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Escobar_Incorporated
so if your employer decided to implement a business dress code you wouldnt obey it even if millions were on the line?
dont get me wrong, these players while grudgingly will have to "follow suit" or just not play in the NBA. of course, its the rule and thats that.

but its not like these guys are working in politics or corporate office. they're going to play basketball and once they step out on the court they arent wearing a suit. and players sitting on the sideline with jewelry and a sean jean sweaters isnt the reason why the league is going to shit or why ron artest jumped into the stands.

the rule is meaninglessly restricting a player's right to wear what they want, whether its a suit or not.
Old 10-30-2005, 12:54 PM   #13
Escobar_Incorporated
Politics As Usual

yea ur right. overall, this whole plan is to "clean up" the image of these players..stern probably came up with the idea after the pistons-pacers brawl last year..knowing that Artest is into hip hop and all

Old 10-30-2005, 12:57 PM   #14
THE W
ISRAELITE

its like i said, the league is getting too "hiphop" and the suburban white folks who are buying the season tickets and the advertisers who sponsor the league cant relate to that culture so they have to do something to "de-hiphop" the league.

so your're right esco, it is business. i dont agree with it at all and i think this is wrong way to go about things, but at the very least i can understand it.
Old 10-30-2005, 01:03 PM   #15
Orion Nebulus
Scientifical Ninja

Orion Nebulus drunken mastaOrion Nebulus drunken masta

Damn headphones too??? Thats even more ridiculous than the dresscode. "Ok Im getting of the bus..I better put my headphones in my bag before I get in trouble". I dont see why people dont see this as some racist bullshit.

"One arm bandit..stab companions with intricate sentences...battle crews single- handed..with cannons that blow you from here to other planets."
Orion Nebulus is offline   Reply With Quote