news
wu-tang clan
bio's
media
store
blogs
forum
contact

Go Back   Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan > The Elements > Wu-Tang Chamber

Old 03-09-2012, 08:30 PM   #31
EAGLE EYE
0110111101110000011001010111001001100001011101000110100101101111011011100010000001100111011101010110100101101100011011000110111101110100011010010110111001100101

EAGLE EYE has disabled reputation

Haha that 9th prince message video was too much

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony Bandana View Post
you dont want me coming around dressed in black homie
Quote:
Originally Posted by TSA View Post
Honestly dude, this is why I want to go to hell. Hell is crackin.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crump Diddy View Post
Did I scare you?
EAGLE EYE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 09:06 PM   #32
JASPER BEARDLY
Fan of the real

JASPER BEARDLY fist of furyJASPER BEARDLY fist of furyJASPER BEARDLY fist of furyJASPER BEARDLY fist of furyJASPER BEARDLY fist of furyJASPER BEARDLY fist of furyJASPER BEARDLY fist of furyJASPER BEARDLY fist of furyJASPER BEARDLY fist of furyJASPER BEARDLY fist of furyJASPER BEARDLY fist of fury

This dark matter album will drop

RIP
JASPER BEARDLY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 09:55 PM   #33
Jin10304
Veteran Member

Jin10304 five deadly venomsJin10304 five deadly venomsJin10304 five deadly venomsJin10304 five deadly venomsJin10304 five deadly venomsJin10304 five deadly venomsJin10304 five deadly venomsJin10304 five deadly venoms

"Method Man announced crystal meth how many years ago???"

2009 I believed, but the album has changed at least once from various producers that Meth fucks with to now just RZA
Jin10304 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 10:15 PM   #34
racist randy
Banned

racist randy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)racist randy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)racist randy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)racist randy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)racist randy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)racist randy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)racist randy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)racist randy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)racist randy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)racist randy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)racist randy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)
Send a message via AIM to racist randy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jin10304 View Post
"Method Man announced crystal meth how many years ago???"

2009 I believed, but the album has changed at least once from various producers that Meth fucks with to now just RZA
Exactly. Year this is 4.
racist randy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 10:26 PM   #35
Dr. Simon Hurt
Madrigal Elektromotoren

Location: my own private domicile, and I will not be harassed...bitch!
Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Quote:
Originally Posted by OntheHorizon View Post
Did I miss summin or wasnt Liquid Swords 2 suppose to be his next album

either way this sounds intresting but a project like this is gonna depend on some unique and fitting production, others have tried and failed because there rapping about this kind of shit over fruity loops non sense and it comes off uneven

Hyped regardless
Quote:
This project will have a visual and audio element. In a league of it's own. Taking it up a notch before we get Liquid Swords 2 in motion.9:02 PM Jan 22nd via EchofonGZA
TheRealGZA
Quote:
NOT Liquid Swords 2. Not yet.9:25 PM Jan 22nd via Echofon via EchofonGZA
TheRealGZA
Quote:
GZA Plans More Ivy League Lectures, Sitcom Pilot and Virus Names

By: Phillip Mlynar | January 27, 2012 at 12:00 pm | Category: Features, Interviews
Tags: GZAHip HopWu-Tang Clan
Pin It

GZA tours M.I.T. biologist Penny Chisholm's laboratory. Photo courtesy of Life or Death PR.

Back in his high school years, The Genius was fond of cutting class to hang-out and shoot pool with his future band mates. Now fast forward to December 2011, when Harvard invited the Wu-Tang ClanĎs resident rhyme scholar to deliver a lecture at the university. That moment marked the start of a new side-career for the rapper, with another lecture already confirmed to take place within the hallowed halls of Oxford University on January 28th, and discussions taking place to have him address the students and staff of M.I.T., N.Y.U. and Cornell once heís back on domestic turf.
Up until now, only those who were present at the GZAís Harvard lecture have been able to witness his debut in the land of academia. But Hive can exclusively reveal that the Genius has now decided to share his wisdom with the world by posting up video footage of the entire speech on his Facebook page. So with hip-hopís most in-demand intellectual preparing to blaze-trails on the higher-learning lecture circuit, Hive caught up with the GZA to discover the details of his editing-intensive writing process, quiz him on the Wuís pool playing proficiency, and find out how the albatross flies without flapping its wings.
How do you feel your Harvard lecture went?
It went good. I was first approached to give it about two months before hand. I wouldnít say I was exactly surprised when they got in touch ó I have actually been asked to lectures before ó but this was the first one I agreed to. I was honored.
Why did you agree to lecture at Harvard, but not the other places?
Harvard is a great school, you know, so I though it would be good. Itís a great place to start. I didnít really have the time to do any of the lectures before, so I thought this was great start.
What was the theme of your lecture?
I was speaking about a few different things. It wasnít just one particular thing. I spoke about my upbringing, my involvement with hip-hop and how I got involved in the music, the early days of the Wu-Tang Clan, and where I get my inspiration from to write certain songs. I talked a lot about my songwriting process, which people are always interested in.
Did you show a version of your lecture to anyone else to get feedback on it before you gave it?
No, I actually didnít. Iím doing so much and Iím so last minute that I was still preparing it up until about two days before I was meant to give it. I had scratched out a lot of the stuff I was writing and had to start again from the beginning two days before the lecture. So I didnít really feel inclined to show it to anyone else for their opinion; I just knew what I was going to do.
Youíve performed many live shows, but were you nervous before giving the lecture in public?
Yes, of course I was! I wasnít really scared, it was just that I felt that I didnít fully prepare myself for it as best that I should have. By that I mean that I had started all over, as I said, and I had the foundation and knew where I wanted to go, but it was a little last minute. So I was nervous about that for a while. But after the lecture, Iíd say the question and answer part with the audience was the easiest part.
You mentioned that the lecture was very broad in topic. Did you have any earlier, more focused ideas for it?
I had a whole bunch of ideas at first but I couldnít really decide on one. I wouldnít say they didnít make it ó I just didnít know which one I should really focus on. So I went with a combination of hip-hop, my upbringing, and the Wu-Tang.
GZA tours M.I.T. researcher Penny Chisholm's laboratory. Photo courtesy of Life or Death PR.

Are there any other rappers you think would be interesting to hear give a lecture?
Iíd say any rapper! Any rapper I would think! Hardly any of us do lectures! The only one I know that has done lectures and been doing them for years is KRS-One. Oh, and I just recently heard Bun B has done lectures ó about what, I donít know!
What about other musicians?
Outside of hip-hop, it would be Prince.
Before lecturing at Harvard you were given a tour of M.I.T. What was the most fascinating thing you saw there?
I saw several interesting things: I met with great biologists, astrophysicists, geneticists, oceanographers. It was all exciting and interesting.
Itís been reported that a physicist asked you to name a new virus. Have you decided on a name for it yet?
Not yet, Iím still working on it. They would prefer ó but it doesnít have to be ó that it is an acronym, so that requires extra thought and I havenít really had a chance to sit down and go into it.
Have you had any early ideas on what youíre gonna call the virus?
Yeah, but I canít tell you yet.
While at M.I.T. you were given a demonstration about how an albatross can fly without moving its wings. How does that work?
It has something to do with the ocean currents and a little bit of wind. Itís very interesting. I havenít fully grasped the whole concept yet, but itís very interesting. An albatross can soar around the globe without hardly flapping they wings.
So as a kid did you get good grades at school?
In my very early years, yes, I did. My favorite subjects was science and math. But as I got older I was hanging out cutting class, going to hooky parties.
GZA lectures at Harvard. Photo courtesy of Life or Death PR.

What did the hooky parties involve?
Beer, smoke, and music.
What sort of music did you listen to at the parties?
A little bit of hip-hop, a lot of R&B. It was just the songs that were out there at the time, like [Secret Weapon's] ďMust Be The Music,Ē [Grandmaster Flash and The Furious Five's] ďThe Message.Ē I mean, we used to hang out in a spot called The Hut. They had a jukebox in there, we used to play video games, we used to shoot pool. It was near one of the high schools I went to. So we listened to a lot of the music that was really on the radio being played at the time, so R&B and a little bit of hip-hop.
Where was The Hut?
It was on the borderline of Brooklyn and Queens in New York City, on Jamaica Avenue.
You mentioned playing pool. Were you any good?
I think Iím okay; I got a pretty good shot when I concentrate. I like pool. Several of us are quite good. Method Man plays pool, Raekwon is really good. We all shoot pool; we all really average at pool.
If there was a Wu-Tang Clan pool competition, who would you put your money on to win?
Maybe Meth. Yeah, Iíd bet on Meth.
Outside of your new lecturing gigs, what else are you working on?
Well Iím working on a couple of scripts, a few scripts: One Iíve been working on for about a year and Iím also doing a pilot. Plus thereís a bunch of projects as far as music goes. Iíve been going back and forth ó when I have something for one of them, I put it down.
Itís been reported that one of the scripts is about a rapper having a mid-life crisis. Is that true?
I donít want to throw that out yet. Once you throw the idea out there itís out there and Iíve been sitting on it for a while and donít want someone else to make it.
So what are the music projects youíre putting together?
Iím working on two albums now but I plan to do about three of four in the next two years. These are solo projects. One is a remastering of some rhymes Iíve already released and the other one is brand new.
Whatís the concept behind the remastering project?
Thereís a special reason. Youíll see.
Whatís the writing process for that project like then? Is it a case of going back and revising your old songs?
Iíd say the writing process for that one is taking a while. I take a while to write anyway. I use drafts and draft and draft and draft and try and work it out. I usually do about five drafts per rhyme for each song. I probably take about a month to write a song, depending on how much time I can dedicate to it; and it depends on how many hours a day there are, and how many days in a week, and weeks in a month.
Watch GZAís Harvard lecture on his Facebook page.
wu

Last edited by Dr. Simon Hurt; 03-09-2012 at 10:46 PM.
Dr. Simon Hurt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 01:11 PM   #36
IrOnMaN
I understand

IrOnMaN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)IrOnMaN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)IrOnMaN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)IrOnMaN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)IrOnMaN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)IrOnMaN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)IrOnMaN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)IrOnMaN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)IrOnMaN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)IrOnMaN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)IrOnMaN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

GZA is a God (extraordinary person), no doubt.
IrOnMaN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 04:54 PM   #37
Jin10304
Veteran Member

Jin10304 five deadly venomsJin10304 five deadly venomsJin10304 five deadly venomsJin10304 five deadly venomsJin10304 five deadly venomsJin10304 five deadly venomsJin10304 five deadly venomsJin10304 five deadly venoms

"Exactly. Year this is 4."

But like CLII, that album has changed direction & producers thus delaying the process. The minute Meth said "RZA's doing all of it" you should expect NOT to see Crystal Method for a while.
Old 03-10-2012, 05:33 PM   #38
racist randy
Banned

racist randy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)racist randy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)racist randy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)racist randy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)racist randy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)racist randy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)racist randy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)racist randy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)racist randy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)racist randy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)racist randy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Quote:
"Exactly. Year this is 4."

But like CLII, that album has changed direction & producers thus delaying the process. The minute Meth said "RZA's doing all of it" you should expect NOT to see Crystal Method for a while.
Stop making excuses for this man. You and I know that Rza is doing his hollywood thing right now, we could see this album in 5+ years max at this rate. I'm pretty sure Meth can go into Rza's vault and pick out 30+ beats for an album, if he's giving away beats to Nas & Busta I'm pretty sure meth can do that shit.
Old 03-10-2012, 07:16 PM   #39
ShaDynasty
Bastard Bastard Bastard

ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)
Send a message via MSN to ShaDynasty

got an acronym for the virus? ONE MO'GIN!

D.I.S.A.S.T.E.R.

diarrhea
in
scrotum
anally
sexually
transmitted
erection
rotting
ShaDynasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 07:19 PM   #40
food for thought
Duppy Conquerer

Location: SHAKA ZULU BOBO SHANTI NYABINGHI MAN A MAU MAU WARRIOR
food for thought Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)food for thought Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)food for thought Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)food for thought Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)food for thought Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)food for thought Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)food for thought Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)food for thought Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)food for thought Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)food for thought Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)food for thought Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

How many albums is he gonna announce as his "next album"?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SKAMPOE View Post
I Step in the place
with Armed conflict and occupational sweat on my face,

food for thought is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 08:21 PM   #41
Mr. R&B
Drunkdouche

Mr. R&B Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Mr. R&B Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Mr. R&B Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Mr. R&B Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Mr. R&B Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Mr. R&B Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Mr. R&B Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Mr. R&B Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Mr. R&B Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Mr. R&B Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Mr. R&B Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Quote:
Originally Posted by theheavens View Post
gotta love the comments on the article...

"why is he respected? diz nigga is off beat mad hard. most of hiz lyrics mean nothin & hiz wack RZA beatz aint hot. genius? naw da nigga is a retard. lmao. Gucci da greatest. Lil Wayne da best rappa alive. YMCMB OVOXO MMG BRICK SQUAD. swag"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronze Feet View Post
^ that comment just makes my head hurt

euthanasia needs to extend to human beings, excess fat needs to be trimmed

Pretty sure that comment came from Super Gucci Rap.

He's an expert troll, not a single word of his posts are to be taken literally.

The best shit is when he lists Justin Bieber in his top 5 and throws in Canibus & Vinnie Paz just below him.

How can one lose everything when one has nothing to lose???
Mr. R&B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 05:06 AM   #42
Jin10304
Veteran Member

"I'm pretty sure Meth can go into Rza's vault and pick out 30+ beats for an album, if he's giving away beats to Nas & Busta I'm pretty sure meth can do that shit"

Sure Meth COULD do that..but who's to say he doesnt like what's in RZA's vault? For instance, Deck DENIED RZA beats on Manifesto because he didnt like them sounding "Ghost Dog-ish". Maybe he asked RZA to create NEW beats from him completely. If he wants NEW RZA in 2012...Method Man is just going to wait on his ass for a while (and us) for RZA to be done with his Iron Fist movie.
Old 03-11-2012, 06:17 AM   #43
claaa7
Killer Bob

claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

i really doubt there's any need to worry about if the production will be hot or not.. GZA is, in my opinion, one of the few Clan members that always picked good beats. even on my least favorite of his, "Legend of the Liquid Sword", most of the tracks were dope on their own but just didn't come together as a cohesive album.

with a concept like this he really needs to bring the energy however, if he rhymes half heartedly this could be one of the most boring rap releases ever made, but if it's done right and he brings his A game it could also be one of the most interesting releases from a lyrical perspective. this might be just what GZA need right now, something new to truly get inspired. i'm anticipating this a whole lot and i'd be suprised if i don't buy it.

daily updates: news, articles, reviews, the best compilations on the net. that true skool street hop!

r.i.p. Johan D, Kaddu, Ricke a.k.a. "Slick Rick" and the rest of the fallen soldiers - you'll never be forgotten!
claaa7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 06:37 AM   #44
Soul Controller
Yammich maeker

Soul Controller Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Soul Controller Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Soul Controller Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Soul Controller Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Soul Controller Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Soul Controller Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Soul Controller Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Soul Controller Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Soul Controller Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Soul Controller Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Soul Controller Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

lol at angry thinking this will be a great concept album, but not realising what the mayans state.. or even acknowledging how they knew moreabout the universe (black holes and dark matter) than we currently do.

angry makes me laugh!!

anyway this does sound rather dope.. only wu release ive looked forward to since cuban 2...

LulZ KillZ Phear....

http://thepiratenetwork.org

"THE ALL is MIND; The Universe is Mental." ó The Kybalion.

Soul Controller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 07:16 AM   #45
racist randy
Banned

Quote:
"I'm pretty sure Meth can go into Rza's vault and pick out 30+ beats for an album, if he's giving away beats to Nas & Busta I'm pretty sure meth can do that shit"

Sure Meth COULD do that..but who's to say he doesnt like what's in RZA's vault? For instance, Deck DENIED RZA beats on Manifesto because he didnt like them sounding "Ghost Dog-ish". Maybe he asked RZA to create NEW beats from him completely. If he wants NEW RZA in 2012...Method Man is just going to wait on his ass for a while (and us) for RZA to be done with his Iron Fist movie.
yeah well you can wait another 10 years for wheelchair rap .
Stop making excuses for these men.