news
wu-tang clan
bio's
media
store
blogs
forum
contact

Go Back   Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan > The Elements > Hip-Hop Shop > Album reviews

View Poll Results: how do you rate this..
10 - Masterpiece 0 0%
9 - Superior 1 10.00%
8 - Banger 3 30.00%
7 - Good 2 20.00%
6 - Average 2 20.00%
5 - Barely decent 2 20.00%
4 - Boring 0 0%
3 - Weak 0 0%
2 - Weaker 0 0%
1 - Wack 0 0%
Voters: 10. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-22-2008, 03:34 AM   #1
claaa7
Killer Bob

claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)
Default NaS - Streets Disciple

A1. intro
A2. a message to the feds
A3. nazareth savage
A4. american way
A5. these are our heroes
A6. disciple
A7. sekou story
A8. live now
A9. rest of my life
A10. just a moment
A11. reason
A12. you know my style [*]

B1. suicide bounce
B2. street's disciple
B3. unauthorized biography of rakim
B4. virgo
B5. interlude
B6. remember the times
B7. makings of the perfect bitch
B8. getting married
B9. no one else in the room
B10. bridging the gap
B11. war
B12. me & you
B13. thief's theme [*]

daily updates: news, articles, reviews, the best compilations on the net. that true skool street hop!

r.i.p. Johan D, Kaddu, Ricke a.k.a. "Slick Rick" and the rest of the fallen soldiers - you'll never be forgotten!

Last edited by claaa7; 07-22-2008 at 03:39 AM.
claaa7 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2008, 09:25 AM   #2
Freeze
New mixtape "4 Seasonz"

Freeze grasshopper

Yo when you really listen to this album, and you look at it as a whole, its pretty impressive, theres a ton of tracks, a good varierty between topics, very intelligent.

Nas delivers on lyracism, a wide range in content and you can seem him mature and move on to a new stage in his life and career.

This album is heavy....

Peace
Freeze
Freeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2008, 02:24 PM   #3
SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS
AKA THE PROTO-CHAOS

SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freeze View Post
Yo when you really listen to this album, and you look at it as a whole, its pretty impressive, theres a ton of tracks, a good varierty between topics, very intelligent.

Nas delivers on lyrIcism, a wide range in content and you can seem him mature and move on to a new stage in his life and career.

This album is heavy....

Peace
Freeze
YEAH I THINK THIS WAS A MATURE ALBUM

NON IGNORANT...

SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2008, 03:09 PM   #4
claaa7
Killer Bob

claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

i've seen this album get alotta hate and it doesn't really deserve that. as usually with double albums that are good, it could have been cut down to just one slamming disc instead instead. there are a few songs that I really could have done without, "Me & You", "No One Else in the Room", "Getting Married", "Makings of a Perfect Bitch" doesn't suit me at all but on the other hand joints like "Sekou Story", "A Message to the Feds", "Street's Disciple", "Suicide Bounce", "Thief's Theme", etc. are incredible.
I listened to the album earlier today with the following tracklist:

01. Intro + Message to The Feds
02. Nazareth Savage
03. These Are Our Heroes
04. Disciple
05. Sekou Story
06. Live Now
07. Suicide Bounce
08. Street's Disciple
09. U.B.R.
10. Virgo
11. You Know My Style
12. Remember The Times
13. Bridging The Gap
14. War
15. Just A Moment
16. Thief's Theme

this way it's a solid 8/10 album for me, but the original release I wouldn't give more than a 7/10.

daily updates: news, articles, reviews, the best compilations on the net. that true skool street hop!

r.i.p. Johan D, Kaddu, Ricke a.k.a. "Slick Rick" and the rest of the fallen soldiers - you'll never be forgotten!
claaa7 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 07:37 PM   #5
UNCLE RUCKUS
Fearless Vampire Killer

UNCLE RUCKUS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)UNCLE RUCKUS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)UNCLE RUCKUS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)UNCLE RUCKUS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)UNCLE RUCKUS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)UNCLE RUCKUS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)UNCLE RUCKUS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)UNCLE RUCKUS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)UNCLE RUCKUS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)UNCLE RUCKUS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)UNCLE RUCKUS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)
Send a message via AIM to UNCLE RUCKUS

no one else in the room was wack otherwise excellent album
UNCLE RUCKUS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 01:07 PM   #6
UNCLE RUCKUS
Fearless Vampire Killer

UNCLE RUCKUS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)UNCLE RUCKUS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)UNCLE RUCKUS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)UNCLE RUCKUS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)UNCLE RUCKUS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)UNCLE RUCKUS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)UNCLE RUCKUS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)UNCLE RUCKUS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)UNCLE RUCKUS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)UNCLE RUCKUS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)UNCLE RUCKUS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)
Send a message via AIM to UNCLE RUCKUS

A1. intro
A2. a message to the feds 5/5
A3. nazareth savage 5/5
A4. american way 3.5/5
A5. these are our heroes 4/5
A6. disciple 4/5
A7. sekou story 4/5
A8. live now 3.5/5
A9. rest of my life 4.5/5
A10. just a moment 5/5
A11. reason 4/5
A12. you know my style [*] 3.5/5
B1. suicide bounce 5/5
B2. street's disciple 5/5
B3. unauthorized biography of rakim 3/5
B4. virgo 4.5/5
B5. interlude
B6. remember the times 4.5/5
B7. makings of the perfect bitch 2/5
B8. getting married 3.5/5
B9. no one else in the room 0.5/5
B10. bridging the gap 4/5
B11. war 4.5/5
B12. me & you 2.5/5
B13. thief's theme [*] 5/5

Overall 4.5/5
Best tracks in italics
I could see why people dont like "Getting Married" or "Me & You" for the subject matter but "Getting Married" is saved by a dope beat and he practically had to include it after "Remember the Times" and "Streets Disciple" "Makings of A Perfect Bitch" and "No One Else In the Room" arent my style beat or flow wise. Some of his best shit is on disc 2 though and while there are 2-3 filler tracks the 2 discs have a distinct sound and feel so I couldnt see condensing them though of course he did that with a pretty weird selection

even the outtakes are dope

UNCLE RUCKUS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2012, 02:01 PM   #7
CharlesJones
penalty boxed user

CharlesJones five deadly venomsCharlesJones five deadly venomsCharlesJones five deadly venomsCharlesJones five deadly venomsCharlesJones five deadly venomsCharlesJones five deadly venomsCharlesJones five deadly venomsCharlesJones five deadly venomsCharlesJones five deadly venomsCharlesJones five deadly venoms

I gave up on Nas after Nastradamus. Illmatic is the only album of his i like. Only reason i bought Stillmatic album is because of Ether song. Thief's Theme song on Streets Disciple is hard. Made You Look song on God's Son album is my joint too. He doesn't make enough hard songs anymore and that's why i gave up on him.
CharlesJones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 11:22 PM   #8
OntheHorizon
PRODIGAL SUN

OntheHorizon iron monkeyOntheHorizon iron monkeyOntheHorizon iron monkey

People just have unrealistic expectations of this guy, bottom line, everything he does gets put under a microscope and dissected like a Jr High School Frog and when there isnt anything to complain about people will invent something anyway

Anybody else made "It Was Written", its a classic, Nas makes it and it gets over-analyzed and nit picked apart

Same applies here, I thought the majority of the album was dope, no one else in the room & Me & You not withstanding, for a double album I thought the quality control was pretty decent and I still play this from time to time, I put it Behind Illmatic, IWW & Stillmatic on the Pecking order of Nas records, above the rest

Voted 8/10
OntheHorizon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 09:27 AM   #9
CharlesJones
penalty boxed user

CharlesJones five deadly venomsCharlesJones five deadly venomsCharlesJones five deadly venomsCharlesJones five deadly venomsCharlesJones five deadly venomsCharlesJones five deadly venomsCharlesJones five deadly venomsCharlesJones five deadly venomsCharlesJones five deadly venomsCharlesJones five deadly venoms

I don't like dissing Nas because i like him. I'm very disappointed in the albums he did after Illmatic and that's the way i feel. You can't tell me the albums he's done after Illmatic are good because they aren't. Only song i don't listen to on Illmatic is Memory Lane. Illmatic is his hardest album and he hasn't been able to top that album. The same can be said for most rappers because most rappers can't top their first and second albums. I know i'm on Wu Tang's website and a lot of their fans have gotten mad at me because i said i think they haven't made a good group album since their first one and that's my opinion. I don't like their group albums after Enter The Wu Tang. I also don't like a lot of their solo albums but that doesn't mean i don't think they're great rappers. I would put Wu Tang in my top 5 as one of the best rap groups.
CharlesJones is offline   Reply With Quote