news
wu-tang clan
bio's
media
store
blogs
forum
contact

Go Back   Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan > The Elements > Box Office Hideout

Old 07-29-2014, 01:15 PM   #1
RADIOACTIVE MAN
Alphomega man

RADIOACTIVE MAN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)RADIOACTIVE MAN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)RADIOACTIVE MAN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)RADIOACTIVE MAN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)RADIOACTIVE MAN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)RADIOACTIVE MAN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)RADIOACTIVE MAN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)RADIOACTIVE MAN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)RADIOACTIVE MAN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)RADIOACTIVE MAN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)RADIOACTIVE MAN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)
Default Quentin Tarantino Has A Sci-Fi Movie Idea Brewing; Confirms He'll Direct 'The Hateful

http://blogs.indiewire.com/theplayli...ewing-20140728

Quote:
Even before a frame has been shot, Quentin Tarantino's "The Hateful Eight" has had quite the life. Announced last year as his next project, it wasn't long after when an early draft of the script leaked, and he furiously decided to can the movie. But almost just as swiftly, he changed his mind and continued to develop the script, and then earlier this spring, he staged a starry live reading of what he had on the page so far (read our review of the event). And basically, the chatter was that Tarantino was going to ultimately direct "The Hateful Eight," and soon, with Kurt Russell (who participated in the live read) recently suggesting that cameras would roll in early 2015. And while Tarantino didn't give an exact date, he's now confirmed this film is next on his slate.

The director was at Comic-Con yesterday at the Dynamite Comic’s panel to talk up his "Django Unchained"/"Zorro" crossover comic (more on that in a sec). But of course, the inevitable "The Hateful Eight" question would be posed, and when asked if the film would be next, Tarantino answered: “Yeah – We’re going to be doing 'The Hateful Eight.' ” A cagey response, but a confirmation nonetheless, but the director was most chatty about his comic.

“I loved this idea, not only because I like western comics in general, but I also loved Zorro in all his iterations whether it was the Disney series or the William Witney films. I thought it was a great idea of taking the most famous, fictional Mexican western hero and putting him together with the newer, famous black western hero,” Tarantino stated about the concept that will team up the gunslinger and the masked man, four years before the events in "Django Unchained."

“I don’t want to make a ton of Django movies so this offered me a chance to keep control of the mythology, but to tell different stories,” he added, as well, though we wonder if that means he still wants to do his miniseries version of the movie.

So, more 'Django' and "The Hateful Eight" on the horizon, is that it? Nope. Tarantino is always dreaming up new ideas, and it looks like he's already toying with stepping into a new genre he hasn't tackled yet. Asked if he would ever take on a sci-fi or fantasy flick, Tarantino said he was very open to the idea. "If you had asked me a few years ago I would have said: 'Nah, not really, I don't know.' But i have a little idea right now. It's a little flower, you know, like a bean sprout, but those tend to grow into stalks. So this is the first time I'll be able to say 'maybe.' It won't be a spaceship sci-fi, it'll be Earthbound," he explained.

Sadly, no more details were wrung out of him about what he's got brewing, but his answer to the question about whether or not he'd take on an existing franchise, says it all. "A series that I would like to put a spin on is the 'Invasion of the Body Snatchers.' I want to take it from the pod people's perspective, so you're actually rooting for the pod people. I don't think they're so bad," he said.
bong bong

astro eden"- the new album,get it here
http://www.sendspace.com/file/pbnrft
RADIOACTIVE MAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2014, 01:40 PM   #2
Mumm Ra
God's Replica

Mumm Ra Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Mumm Ra Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Mumm Ra Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Mumm Ra Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Mumm Ra Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Mumm Ra Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Mumm Ra Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Mumm Ra Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Mumm Ra Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Mumm Ra Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Mumm Ra Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

good stuff

more quentin news -

Quentin Tarantino Says 'Kill Bill: The Whole Bloody Affair' Will Hit Theaters In 2015

Could it really be true? Of the many projects Quentin Tarantino keeps up in the air, the one that excites and frustrates fans in equal measure is "Kill Bill: The Whole Bloody Affair." As the title suggests, it's a longer cut of the director's two-part martial arts/vengeance epic, the most notable inclusion being a 30 minute anime sequence. Way, way back in 2011, 'The Whole Bloody Affair' screened at the New Beverly... and that was the last anyone heard about it.
Until this weekend at Comic-Con, that is. Tarantino was on hand at the Dynamite Entertainment panel to talk up his forthcoming "Django Unchained"/"Zorro" crossover comic, and when asked about 'The Whole Bloody Affair,' he gave a typically verbose answer. Here's Tarantino's response, the whole bloody answer, via Slashfilm:
What’s going on with that is originally back when Kill Bill was going to be one movie, I wrote an even longer anime sequence. So you see in the movie [O-Ren] kill her boss but then there was that long hair guy… The big sequence was her fighting that guy. I.G. [The Japanese Anime Studio] who did Ghost in the Shell said we can’t do that and finish it in time for your thing. And [plus] you can’t have a thirty-minute piece in your movie. I said okay. It was my favorite part but it was the part you could drop. So we dropped it and then later when I.G. heard we were talking about doing Kill Bill: The Whole Bloody Affair — they still had the script so without even being commissioned, they just did it and paid for it themselves. It’s really terrific. Anyway, The Weinstein Company and myself were talking about actually coming out with it sometime, not before the year is out, but within the next year with limited theatrical engagement as well.
So, time to celebrate? Maybe plan to take some time off work in 2015? We'll see. 'The Whole Bloody Affair' might be just the thing to hold over fans while awaiting "The Hateful Eight" which will apparently start shooting early next year.
Old 07-29-2014, 07:43 PM   #3
RADIOACTIVE MAN
Alphomega man

RADIOACTIVE MAN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)RADIOACTIVE MAN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)RADIOACTIVE MAN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)RADIOACTIVE MAN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)RADIOACTIVE MAN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)RADIOACTIVE MAN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)RADIOACTIVE MAN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)RADIOACTIVE MAN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)RADIOACTIVE MAN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)RADIOACTIVE MAN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)RADIOACTIVE MAN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

niceee

astro eden"- the new album,get it here
http://www.sendspace.com/file/pbnrft
RADIOACTIVE MAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2014, 07:01 AM   #4
Guarded By Martyrs
MyChiefToldMeToDefendThis

Guarded By Martyrs Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Guarded By Martyrs Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Guarded By Martyrs Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Guarded By Martyrs Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Guarded By Martyrs Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Guarded By Martyrs Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Guarded By Martyrs Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Guarded By Martyrs Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Guarded By Martyrs Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Guarded By Martyrs Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Guarded By Martyrs Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mumm Ra View Post
"Kill Bill: The Whole Bloody Affair." As the title suggests, it's a longer cut of the director's two-part martial arts/vengeance epic, the most notable inclusion being a 30 minute anime sequence.
Yes!!!!

Guarded By Martyrs is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2014, 10:03 PM   #5
zooruka

zooruka prodigal sonzooruka prodigal sonzooruka prodigal sonzooruka prodigal sonzooruka prodigal sonzooruka prodigal son

The sci-fi idea sound interesting.
zooruka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2014, 12:49 AM   #6
chiba
N.I.

chiba five deadly venomschiba five deadly venomschiba five deadly venomschiba five deadly venomschiba five deadly venomschiba five deadly venomschiba five deadly venomschiba five deadly venomschiba five deadly venoms

id like to see zorro django on screen than in a comic
but thats just me!

stoked about the kill bill, hateful 8 and the sci fi

courtesy of Bobby_Digital72

Non Ignorants

Last edited by chiba; 08-02-2014 at 02:01 AM.
chiba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2014, 05:17 AM   #7
hashashin
Be Seeing You

hashashin Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)hashashin Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)hashashin Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)hashashin Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)hashashin Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)hashashin Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)hashashin Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)hashashin Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)hashashin Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)hashashin Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)hashashin Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Yes, definitely looking forward to these, hopefully that Kill Bill will get a blu ray release and I'll be interested to see his take on a sci-fi movie!

Quote:
The Hateful Eight follows the steadily ratcheting tension that develops after a blizzard diverts a stagecoach from its route, and traps a pitiless and mistrustful group which includes a competing pair of bounty hunters, a renegade Confederate soldier, and a female prisoner in a saloon in the middle of nowhere.

http://collider.com/the-hateful-eigh...ase-date-2015/
hashashin is offline   Reply With Quote