news
wu-tang clan
bio's
media
store
blogs
forum
contact

Go Back   Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan > The Elements > Wu-Tang Chamber

Old 04-07-2012, 04:35 PM   #1
Art Vandelay
Importer/Exporter

Art Vandelay Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Art Vandelay Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Art Vandelay Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Art Vandelay Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Art Vandelay Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Art Vandelay Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Art Vandelay Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Art Vandelay Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Art Vandelay Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Art Vandelay Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Art Vandelay Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)
Default Jack White (White Stripes) writes solo album because Rza stood him up

Many Jack White fans have been waiting for a solo album from their hero for years, and they'll finally get their wish later this month when he releases Blunderbuss. Well, here's something you might not have known about the forthcoming album: it's only thanks to Wu-Tang Clan's RZA that Jack even made it at all.

In the New York Times' recent interview with the former White Stripes leader, it's revealed that Jack had booked a recording session with RZA, presumably for one of White's many collaborative seven-inches. The session was due to take place at Jack's home studio in Nashville, TN, but the rapper was a no-show.

While waiting on RZA with nothing else to do, White apparently decided to work on his own songs. Before long, this writing blossomed into Blunderbuss.

White had previously mentioned that the album began when an artist didn't turn up for recording, but he referred to the other party only as "someone," and didn't reveal that it was RZA.

White also gave the New York Times the scoop on his separate male and female live bands. When he takes both on tour, only one will perform each night and no one -- not even the players themselves -- will know who until the morning of. What's more, the two bands aren't allowed to listen to each other, because the leader wants them to remain musically distinct.

Blunderbuss is due out April 24 via Third Man/Columbia/XL. The video for "Sixteen Saltines" came out today (April 5). Watch it below.

http://www.wutang-corp.com/forum/sho....php?p=2318054
Art Vandelay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2012, 11:07 PM   #2
LoTec
SUN*KID ON THE ONE

LoTec fist of furyLoTec fist of furyLoTec fist of furyLoTec fist of furyLoTec fist of furyLoTec fist of furyLoTec fist of furyLoTec fist of furyLoTec fist of furyLoTec fist of furyLoTec fist of fury

cool about the solo but too bad no Rza colabo went down

LoTec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 02:51 AM   #3
JASPER BEARDLY
Fan of the real

JASPER BEARDLY fist of furyJASPER BEARDLY fist of furyJASPER BEARDLY fist of furyJASPER BEARDLY fist of furyJASPER BEARDLY fist of furyJASPER BEARDLY fist of furyJASPER BEARDLY fist of furyJASPER BEARDLY fist of furyJASPER BEARDLY fist of furyJASPER BEARDLY fist of furyJASPER BEARDLY fist of fury

Id like to see rza work w revelations more/some... Not sure how involved he,was in those projects

RIP
JASPER BEARDLY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 03:59 AM   #4
DR. NICK RIVIERA
Hello, everybody!

DR. NICK RIVIERA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)DR. NICK RIVIERA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)DR. NICK RIVIERA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)DR. NICK RIVIERA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)DR. NICK RIVIERA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)DR. NICK RIVIERA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)DR. NICK RIVIERA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)DR. NICK RIVIERA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)DR. NICK RIVIERA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)DR. NICK RIVIERA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)DR. NICK RIVIERA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

so rza is still being a douche? nothing new

jack white is awesome tho
Old 04-08-2012, 12:40 PM   #5
silent_whistler_uk
myspace.com/iou7

silent_whistler_uk drunken mastasilent_whistler_uk drunken mastasilent_whistler_uk drunken masta

rza and one half of the white stripes? hmm the only time i have seen or heard the two anywhere near each other was in Jim Jarmusch's coffee and cigarettes
'Bill Groundhog-Day, Ghostbustin'-ass Murray!

GZA: Want some tea?
RZA: Yea, splash me.
GZA: It's all herbals, man. No caffeine.
RZA: That's what I'm talking about. No caffeine. Caffeine is ridiculous right now, man.
GZA: Tell me about it.
RZA: Caffeine leads to depression, makes you all irritable, have your heart beating fast. Faster heart rate, you know what I mean? And worse than anything, you drink that coffee, it gives you the shits, you know what I mean? So I try to stay away from that.
GZA: I'm off that shit, anyway.
RZA: Crisp and clean. No caffeine.

Last edited by silent_whistler_uk; 04-08-2012 at 12:42 PM. Reason: -
silent_whistler_uk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 03:12 PM   #6
New Hills 36
PRODIGAL SUN

New Hills 36 iron monkeyNew Hills 36 iron monkeyNew Hills 36 iron monkeyNew Hills 36 iron monkey

Wow - RZA delays and an lp happens!

Can u imagine if this happened in the world of the Wu?
New Hills 36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 04:19 PM   #7
theheavens
Banned

theheavens Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)theheavens Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)theheavens Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)theheavens Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)theheavens Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)theheavens Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)theheavens Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)theheavens Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)theheavens Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)theheavens Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)theheavens Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

why is the Wu retarded when it comes to working with amazing rock artists? first they ditch Rage Against the Machine, and now Jack White? stupid as fuck
theheavens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 07:22 PM   #8
Sky Blue Bally Kid
45th Generation Roman

Sky Blue Bally Kid Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Sky Blue Bally Kid Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Sky Blue Bally Kid Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Sky Blue Bally Kid Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Sky Blue Bally Kid Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Sky Blue Bally Kid Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Sky Blue Bally Kid Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Sky Blue Bally Kid Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Sky Blue Bally Kid Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Sky Blue Bally Kid Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Sky Blue Bally Kid Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

RZA drove to Jack Black's house by accident...they recorded a never to be released banger though...

When I'm writing in my room

It's like a child that's fighting in the womb

- KP -
Sky Blue Bally Kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 01:05 PM   #9
main_man
BANNED FOR LIFE!

main_man Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)main_man Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)main_man Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)main_man Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)main_man Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)main_man Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)main_man Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)main_man Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)main_man Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)main_man Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)main_man Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bloodspitta View Post
RZA drove to Jack Black's house by accident...they recorded a never to be released banger though...
damn.

i wanna hear that shit.

https://soundcloud.com/gptent/tito-lo-blak-hell
main_man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 03:37 PM   #10
Sky Blue Bally Kid
45th Generation Roman

Sky Blue Bally Kid Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Sky Blue Bally Kid Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Sky Blue Bally Kid Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Sky Blue Bally Kid Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Sky Blue Bally Kid Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Sky Blue Bally Kid Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Sky Blue Bally Kid Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Sky Blue Bally Kid Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Sky Blue Bally Kid Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Sky Blue Bally Kid Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Sky Blue Bally Kid Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Quote:
Originally Posted by main_man View Post
damn.

i wanna hear that shit.
Ringz has heard it, he says RZA won't release it though...

When I'm writing in my room

It's like a child that's fighting in the womb

- KP -
Sky Blue Bally Kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 06:02 PM   #11
main_man
BANNED FOR LIFE!

main_man Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)main_man Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)main_man Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)main_man Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)main_man Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)main_man Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)main_man Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)main_man Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)main_man Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)main_man Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)main_man Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bloodspitta View Post
Ringz has heard it, he says RZA won't release it though...

mother FUCKER!!!!!!!

https://soundcloud.com/gptent/tito-lo-blak-hell
main_man is offline   Reply With Quote