news
wu-tang clan
bio's
media
store
blogs
forum
contact

Go Back   Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan > The Lab > Audio Booth > Audio Tips & Tricks

Old 03-04-2012, 03:36 PM   #1
BornPower
SiferBorn

BornPower five deadly venomsBornPower five deadly venomsBornPower five deadly venomsBornPower five deadly venomsBornPower five deadly venomsBornPower five deadly venomsBornPower five deadly venomsBornPower five deadly venomsBornPower five deadly venomsBornPower five deadly venoms
Default Mpc-500

anybody got one? is it worth the money or would I be better off looking another machine?
I got a buddy that's gonna hook me up with FL Studio so I was looking for a beat machine to use and I came across a few videos on the 500 and it looked decent at 350.
fleeing mobs turn to see the holocaust and become kings and queens of salt
screaming shots, police and chalk,
wingless fallen demons walking among us as people...

-.5Kut
BornPower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 10:27 AM   #2
THE MASON
Winter is Coming

THE MASON Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)THE MASON Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)THE MASON Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)THE MASON Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)THE MASON Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)THE MASON Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)THE MASON Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)THE MASON Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)THE MASON Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)THE MASON Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)THE MASON Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

i would just go with an MPD or something if your intend on using it like a MIDI

ELITE STATUS
THE MASON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 03:08 PM   #3
vojdal

vojdal iron monkeyvojdal iron monkeyvojdal iron monkeyvojdal iron monkey

Start with FL studio which has unlimited possibilities and is easy to learn, after few months you can buy some pad controller like MPD24 or 32. Machines are overrated imo ;]
Old 03-05-2012, 04:07 PM   #4
THE MASON
Winter is Coming

THE MASON Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)THE MASON Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)THE MASON Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)THE MASON Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)THE MASON Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)THE MASON Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)THE MASON Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)THE MASON Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)THE MASON Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)THE MASON Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)THE MASON Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

^i disagree

you can get a lot more in those little boxes then on something like FL. sure there are some good VSTs out there but they dont produce the same power as an MPC does.

plus having pads, even if its MIDI, can give you a level of human feeling and soul to your beats. you play the drums and get more swing and so on. its builds a more natural essence in the beat.

FL is dope tho, i started by drawing drums and what not in the sequencer then got a Axiom 25 and will never go back.

playing your own drums>>>>>>then anything else

fuck quantize as well (essentially, drawing is the ultimate quantize) you lose all that feeling i was talking about

ELITE STATUS
Old 03-05-2012, 04:54 PM   #5
vojdal

vojdal iron monkeyvojdal iron monkeyvojdal iron monkeyvojdal iron monkey

Yup you're right with this, those machines have their unique sound and it's dope to play your beats. Satisfaction with finished beat must be 10x times bigger. I have to buy some controller ;]
Old 03-06-2012, 08:38 PM   #6
pRoTeChTyAnEcK
funkmaster general

pRoTeChTyAnEcK Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)pRoTeChTyAnEcK Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)pRoTeChTyAnEcK Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)pRoTeChTyAnEcK Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)pRoTeChTyAnEcK Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)pRoTeChTyAnEcK Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)pRoTeChTyAnEcK Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)pRoTeChTyAnEcK Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)pRoTeChTyAnEcK Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)pRoTeChTyAnEcK Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)pRoTeChTyAnEcK Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

I have an MPC 500. Love the fact it is more portable than other Akai machines. Also highly recommend the 1000 if you can ever find it at a good price.
Old 03-10-2012, 01:26 PM   #7
BornPower
SiferBorn

BornPower five deadly venomsBornPower five deadly venomsBornPower five deadly venomsBornPower five deadly venomsBornPower five deadly venomsBornPower five deadly venomsBornPower five deadly venomsBornPower five deadly venomsBornPower five deadly venomsBornPower five deadly venoms

whats a decent price for an mpc1000? 800?
fleeing mobs turn to see the holocaust and become kings and queens of salt
screaming shots, police and chalk,
wingless fallen demons walking among us as people...

-.5Kut
BornPower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 01:57 PM   #8
pRoTeChTyAnEcK
funkmaster general

pRoTeChTyAnEcK Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)pRoTeChTyAnEcK Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)pRoTeChTyAnEcK Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)pRoTeChTyAnEcK Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)pRoTeChTyAnEcK Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)pRoTeChTyAnEcK Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)pRoTeChTyAnEcK Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)pRoTeChTyAnEcK Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)pRoTeChTyAnEcK Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)pRoTeChTyAnEcK Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)pRoTeChTyAnEcK Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Quote:
Originally Posted by .5KutSkeleton View Post
whats a decent price for an mpc1000? 800?
800 is definitely a decent price for a 1000 if it's brand new. I bought mine for $500 used, but it was basically fresh out the box. if you really want an MPC, I recommend the investment. I bought my 500 for 4 bills and just tricked it out with RAM & a memory card. would've been the same price as buying it brand new.
Old 03-11-2012, 11:26 PM   #9
Caper
REAPER CREW

Caper Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Caper Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Caper Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Caper Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Caper Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Caper Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Caper Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Caper Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Caper Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Caper Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Caper Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

they got a mpc 4000 for $800 http://newyork.craigslist.org/brk/msg/2894292945.html

MPC 1000 $550 http://newyork.craigslist.org/brk/msg/2890273393.html
Caper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 01:46 PM   #10
THE MASON
Winter is Coming

i want a 60 lol this guy makes it seem crazy dope

ELITE STATUS
Old 03-15-2012, 04:42 PM   #11
ClymaX
SHAOLIN STUDENT

ClymaX prodigal sonClymaX prodigal sonClymaX prodigal sonClymaX prodigal sonClymaX prodigal sonClymaX prodigal son
Send a message via MSN to ClymaX

That machine is a beast yo! As far as the sound.. i can make 2kxl sound as gritty as a 60 when paired with an ASR. There's still nuttin in the market that can beat it's timing and swing tho. I'd def get one if i had money at the moment.
Peace to Roger Linn! Still waiting for the Linn Drum II to come out.

coming soon...
ClymaX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 06:38 AM   #12
Jutzu-Lo-Killer
THE WU IS OVER

Jutzu-Lo-Killer Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Jutzu-Lo-Killer Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Jutzu-Lo-Killer Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Jutzu-Lo-Killer Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Jutzu-Lo-Killer Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Jutzu-Lo-Killer Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Jutzu-Lo-Killer Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Jutzu-Lo-Killer Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Jutzu-Lo-Killer Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Jutzu-Lo-Killer Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Jutzu-Lo-Killer Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

get a SP 404 OR 555
Jutzu-Lo-Killer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 02:19 PM   #13
GRANDMASSIVE.
BBW SLAYER

GRANDMASSIVE. Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)GRANDMASSIVE. Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)GRANDMASSIVE. Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)GRANDMASSIVE. Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)GRANDMASSIVE. Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)GRANDMASSIVE. Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)GRANDMASSIVE. Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)GRANDMASSIVE. Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)GRANDMASSIVE. Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)GRANDMASSIVE. Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)GRANDMASSIVE. Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)
Send a message via AIM to GRANDMASSIVE.

Cant go wrong wit an MPC bro, its a great investment, they dont lose their value.

http://www.reverbnation.com/grandmas...wchristshabazz
http://www.soundclick.com/grandmassive
GRANDMASSIVE. is offline   Reply With Quote