news
wu-tang clan
bio's
media
store
blogs
forum
contact

Go Back   Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan > The Elements > Sound Shack

Old 04-27-2012, 06:16 PM   #1
Young Gun
PRODIGAL SUN

Young Gun prodigal sonYoung Gun prodigal sonYoung Gun prodigal sonYoung Gun prodigal sonYoung Gun prodigal sonYoung Gun prodigal son
Default Salem.

Anyone heard of this group? They're an Industrial/Electronic/Hip Hop band based out of Traverse City and Chicago. When I'd originally heard this group's EP's, I didn't like their early work. It sounded sloppy and unfinished. But I'm finding their sound on their 2010 debut LP "King Night" to be much more polished and focused-I like the majority of it.

Their sound tends to be either REALLY dense, or really drawn out and melodic. I'd definitely say they're an acquired taste, but in my opinion they're one of the better groups to come out in recent years.

Last edited by Young Gun; 04-27-2012 at 06:18 PM.
Young Gun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 04:52 PM   #2
infinite vagina
piggies

infinite vagina drunken mastainfinite vagina drunken mastainfinite vagina drunken masta

I fucking love them.

infinite vagina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 03:51 AM   #3
infinite vagina
piggies

infinite vagina drunken mastainfinite vagina drunken mastainfinite vagina drunken masta

Salem is associated with Witch House which is one of my favorite genres. If you like them then you'd probably like White Ring and oOoOO. They're all great to listen to.

Pictureplane is my favorite. He's Witch House/Electropop/Trance.

And I also love Modern Witch. She's Witch House/Darkwave/Minimal Synth.

Last edited by infinite vagina; 05-01-2012 at 03:53 AM.
Old 05-06-2012, 06:57 AM   #4
Longbongcilvaringz

Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

gay shit. ooooo are decent.

anyone who uses the term "witch house" sincerely needs an air hole through the middle of their fucking head.

Longbongcilvaringz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 03:49 PM   #5
infinite vagina
piggies

Witch House is the best genre right now.

Old 05-06-2012, 04:41 PM   #6
KERZO
☀☀☀☀☀☀☀☀☀☀

KERZO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)KERZO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)KERZO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)KERZO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)KERZO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)KERZO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)KERZO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)KERZO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)KERZO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)KERZO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)KERZO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

I 'get' the concept of the genre but I can only listen to about 15 seconds of 808 claps and hats before stopping it. It's like listening to your decrepit old grandfather wank over a Spectrum ZX.

KERZO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 04:49 PM   #7
Durag
RaizaBlade

Durag Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Durag Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Durag Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Durag Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Durag Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Durag Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Durag Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Durag Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Durag Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Durag Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Durag Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Yeah, gay shit. Over pretentious hipster crap. And this is coming from a fan of industrial / dark ambient / electronica etc whatever influences them, but they just gay up the whole sound.

And yeah, "witch-house" is pretty terrible in general.

Salem and the whole witch-house crap are really just the dumming down and simplfying of a lof of more obscure genres so hipsters get it.

Death Grips are fuckin dope though

Durag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 05:03 PM   #8
KERZO
☀☀☀☀☀☀☀☀☀☀

KERZO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)KERZO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)KERZO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)KERZO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)KERZO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)KERZO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)KERZO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)KERZO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)KERZO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)KERZO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)KERZO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

If I played some 'venetian snares' to these Salem guys, they'd shit their pants and have to purchase some new corduroy trousers.

KERZO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 01:55 PM   #9
infinite vagina
piggies

Old 05-12-2012, 09:01 AM   #10
Longbongcilvaringz

Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

holy other are great and i don't know what they have to do with witch house

Longbongcilvaringz is offline   Reply With Quote