news
wu-tang clan
bio's
media
store
blogs
forum
contact

Go Back   Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan > The Elements > Wu-Tang Chamber

Old 05-10-2012, 04:14 PM   #1
Pattch82
The Drunken Flunky

Pattch82 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Pattch82 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Pattch82 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Pattch82 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Pattch82 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Pattch82 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Pattch82 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Pattch82 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Pattch82 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Pattch82 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Pattch82 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)
Default Been reading through some really old Wu magazine articles...

...from The Source and XXL from '98 onwards, and there's a load of things I either missed first time round or I've just forgotten about...

--'The Chase' was a track that was left off Wu-Tang Forever--
Always loved this track. Not sure if it fits the tone of Wu-Forever, but it's a dope RZA solo joint!! RZA was bananas on Wu-Forever already though and had alot of mic time so I can see why it was may be left off.

--In the lead up to 'The W' dropping, lots of clan members were comparing it to '36 Chambers'--
I love 'The W', it's probably the Wu group album that I listen to most. But in the interviews the clan did in the build up to it dropping, there's loads of mentions of "taking it back to '93 with this one" and this is like 36 Chambers 2000" and shit like that. I cant imagine how disappointed the Wu must have been when the album dropped and it was hella slept on. Dope as fuck album that deserves more praise! but no, it aint 36 Chambers 2000!! It's in its whole own chamber!

--RZA said ODB was released for 1 week during the recording of 'The W' and that Dirty recorded two tracks for the album--
I thought I read somewhere that Dirty's verse on Conditioner was an outtake from the Wu-Forever sessions...? I wanna know what the other tracks were that Dirt worked on. I was always pretty bummed that 'Fast Shadow' ended up on the Ghost Dog soundtrack cos that track would've fit perfect on 'The W' and it would have been an extra Dirt verse on the album.

And, anyone else think that 'The Glock' track offa Iron Flag would have fit perfectly on 'The W' too...? Real dank and dirty beat just like the majority of 'The W'!!

--The amount of hate the Wu-Affiliates got back in the day was CRAAAZY!--
I've been reading through alot of old Source articles and XXL articles and I honestly cant find a good word about any of the Wu-Affiliates. Killarmy and Sunz especially seem to get hated on in most articles and blamed for the big fall off in Wu quality. The Wu-Syndicate album was pretty much just dismissed. There was only 'The Pillage' that I saw half decent words for, but it was still dismissed as wu fodder.

I'm still reading through all these shits now, got tonnes of old Source reviews for Wu and Wu-Affiliate releases. Just reading through the Source interview that RZA did, his first one as Bobby Digital, just before In Stereo dropped.

Peace!
Pattch82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 04:53 PM   #2
Doomsday/2078
Ghost Viking

Doomsday/2078 prodigal sonDoomsday/2078 prodigal sonDoomsday/2078 prodigal sonDoomsday/2078 prodigal sonDoomsday/2078 prodigal sonDoomsday/2078 prodigal son

The chase is sick yes sir
Doomsday/2078 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 12:14 AM   #3
kingwu
I Dont Walk I Get Carried

kingwu crouching tiger

that was on bulworth soundtrack right?
kingwu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 01:02 AM   #4
wukillabee25
SHAOLIN STUDENT

wukillabee25 five deadly venomswukillabee25 five deadly venomswukillabee25 five deadly venomswukillabee25 five deadly venomswukillabee25 five deadly venomswukillabee25 five deadly venomswukillabee25 five deadly venomswukillabee25 five deadly venoms

The Chase and Sunshower > Black Shampoo and Second Coming. Hard to believe Forever could have been much better, but it could have.
wukillabee25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 01:04 AM   #5
Jammin
Veteran Member

Jammin Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Jammin Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Jammin Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Jammin Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Jammin Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Jammin Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Jammin Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Jammin Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Jammin Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Jammin Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Jammin Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pattch82 View Post

--RZA said ODB was released for 1 week during the recording of 'The W' and that Dirty recorded two tracks for the album--
I thought I read somewhere that Dirty's verse on Conditioner was an outtake from the Wu-Forever sessions...? I wanna know what the other tracks were that Dirt worked on. I was always pretty bummed that 'Fast Shadow' ended up on the Ghost Dog soundtrack cos that track would've fit perfect on 'The W' and it would have been an extra Dirt verse on the album.

And, anyone else think that 'The Glock' track offa Iron Flag would have fit perfectly on 'The W' too...? Real dank and dirty beat just like the majority of 'The W'!!

Peace!
Jammin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 03:50 AM   #6
Pattch82
The Drunken Flunky

Pattch82 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Pattch82 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Pattch82 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Pattch82 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Pattch82 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Pattch82 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Pattch82 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Pattch82 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Pattch82 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Pattch82 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Pattch82 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLEEDING GUMS MURPHY View Post
that was on bulworth soundtrack right?
Yeah it ended up on the Bulworth soundtrack. Pretty good soundtrack album, it had Cappa's Run on it. Meth, KRS, Prodigy and Kam over an ill Muggs beat. Dre's Zoom track. Psycho Realms ill as fuck Lunatics In The Grass track. Some Public Enemy shit. And a few others.

Peace!
Old 05-11-2012, 04:17 AM   #7
Pattch82
The Drunken Flunky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jammin View Post
Really...?! Are you sure fam?

I thought Doe Rae Wu must have been one of the tracks ODB recorded when he was on the lam in Oct 2000, along with Black Widow Pt. 2.

If that's the case though, then I dunno why this track ended up on The Sting. It could have been put on Iron Flag so there would have been at least one Dirty verse on there.

Peace!