news
wu-tang clan
bio's
media
store
blogs
forum
contact

Go Back   Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan > The Elements > The Sports Zone

View Poll Results: Who will win Euro 2012?
Germany 5 21.74%
Spain 3 13.04%
Italy 2 8.70%
England 2 8.70%
Portugal 0 0%
The Netherlands 3 13.04%
France 1 4.35%
Poland 1 4.35%
Greece 0 0%
Russia 3 13.04%
Czech Republic 0 0%
Denmark 0 0%
Republic of Ireland 3 13.04%
Ukraine 0 0%
Sweden 0 0%
Croatia 0 0%
Voters: 23. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-31-2012, 02:30 PM   #76
cap
THE ILL ONE

cap Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)cap Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)cap Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)cap Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)cap Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)cap Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)cap Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)cap Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)cap Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)cap Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)cap Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)
Send a message via MSN to cap

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunken Monk View Post
yes sir
its not gunna happen again
bring back the good days
its definitely gonna happen again at some time in my life. (remember when i explained to you the difference between a dynasty and a fluke?)

either way it was the best day of my life.

cap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 02:31 PM   #77
Drunken Monk
The ABBOTT

Drunken Monk Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Drunken Monk Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Drunken Monk Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Drunken Monk Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Drunken Monk Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Drunken Monk Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Drunken Monk Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Drunken Monk Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Drunken Monk Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Drunken Monk Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Drunken Monk Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

word up fam!
Drunken Monk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2012, 06:13 PM   #78
HANZO
Hanovallah

HANZO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)HANZO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)HANZO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)HANZO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)HANZO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)HANZO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)HANZO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)HANZO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)HANZO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)HANZO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)HANZO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

ze Germans. they always do well in tournaments even if they have a shit team.

now they have a good team that plays some real good football. i expect them to be better than they were in the last world cup. so i pick them to win.

Spain are obvious favourites but the Germans and Dutch are good bets to win it.
Old 06-03-2012, 06:44 PM   #79
Soul Controller
Yammich maeker

Soul Controller Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Soul Controller Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Soul Controller Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Soul Controller Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Soul Controller Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Soul Controller Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Soul Controller Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Soul Controller Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Soul Controller Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Soul Controller Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Soul Controller Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cap View Post
its definitely gonna happen again at some time in my life. (remember when i explained to you the difference between a dynasty and a fluke?)

either way it was the best day of my life.

sorry I don't intend to be rude, but your saying, the best day of your life that you have lived on this planet so far, occured through no direct action of your own? i;e the happiest day of your life wasn't achieved by some fool hardy personal achievement?

LulZ KillZ Phear....

http://thepiratenetwork.org

"THE ALL is MIND; The Universe is Mental." The Kybalion.

Soul Controller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 10:42 AM   #80
cap
THE ILL ONE

cap Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)cap Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)cap Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)cap Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)cap Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)cap Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)cap Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)cap Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)cap Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)cap Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)cap Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Quote:
Originally Posted by soul controller View Post
sorry I don't intend to be rude, but your saying, the best day of your life that you have lived on this planet so far, occured through no direct action of your own? i;e the happiest day of your life wasn't achieved by some fool hardy personal achievement?

if you're not italian i dont expect you to understand.

if you've never experienced it i dont expect you to understand.

if you dont know the full story i dont expect you to understand.

Old 06-04-2012, 11:03 AM   #81
MaskedAvenger
Secret Rival

MaskedAvenger Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)MaskedAvenger Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)MaskedAvenger Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)MaskedAvenger Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)MaskedAvenger Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)MaskedAvenger Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)MaskedAvenger Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)MaskedAvenger Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)MaskedAvenger Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)MaskedAvenger Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)MaskedAvenger Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

I can second that July 9th, 2006 was one of the best days ever, especially if you went through 90, 94, 98, 02 like I did.

MaskedAvenger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 11:08 AM   #82
Longbongcilvaringz

Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cap View Post
either way, in Italy its seen more as a roman salute than anything else... i wouldnt do it though...
Ha, no it's not. Italian fascists adapted the Roman salute into what became a the well recognised gesture of Fascism in Italy. It was initially tied to extreme Italian nationalism which later evolved into Fascism. The salute is still used in Italy by Neo Fascist today (Fascism is still pretty popular amongst shit birds right wingers the likes of which support Lazio - a club with historical ties to Italian Fascism). Additionally, Di Canio is an unashamed admirer of Fascism and looks like a fucking nazi to boot. Lazio fans do it constantly and don't fucking try and tell me they think it's a sign of Roman pride.

Pretending that the "roman salute" is not a Fascist symbol is ridiculous and show that you have a latent soft spot from Fascism, as any good Italian does i guess.

In regards to the thread topic, Holland will look like they'll win, but then won't. Spain or Germany probably will unfortunately. Italy will get nowhere near it.

Longbongcilvaringz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 11:18 AM   #83
MaskedAvenger
Secret Rival

MaskedAvenger Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)MaskedAvenger Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)MaskedAvenger Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)MaskedAvenger Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)MaskedAvenger Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)MaskedAvenger Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)MaskedAvenger Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)MaskedAvenger Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)MaskedAvenger Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)MaskedAvenger Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)MaskedAvenger Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Actually the Irriducibili are a pretty well known fascist group, I'm not saying that makes it right but it wasn't surprising that he did that, in fact, more people seem to make a big deal about that now then when it actually happened.

In regards to the tournament, I don't think Italy will win it but you can never say they don't have a chance, I mean, people were saying that before the 2006 World Cup as well. The problem is you never know which Italian team will show up, against Russia the other night they were horrendous, but I watched the same team rip Spain apart a few months ago. Overall I think Holland or Spain will take the trophy.

Old 06-04-2012, 03:25 PM   #84
cap
THE ILL ONE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jcee View Post
Ha, no it's not. Italian fascists adapted the Roman salute into what became a the well recognised gesture of Fascism in Italy. It was initially tied to extreme Italian nationalism which later evolved into Fascism. The salute is still used in Italy by Neo Fascist today (Fascism is still pretty popular amongst shit birds right wingers the likes of which support Lazio - a club with historical ties to Italian Fascism). Additionally, Di Canio is an unashamed admirer of Fascism and looks like a fucking nazi to boot. Lazio fans do it constantly and don't fucking try and tell me they think it's a sign of Roman pride.

Pretending that the "roman salute" is not a Fascist symbol is ridiculous and show that you have a latent soft spot from Fascism, as any good Italian does i guess.

In regards to the thread topic, Holland will look like they'll win, but then won't. Spain or Germany probably will unfortunately. Italy will get nowhere near it.
off course its seen as a fascist gesture nowadays, but you cant seperate the roman history from this gesture. The roman empire is one of the most glorified parts of history so naturally Italians feel an entirely different way about it than anywhere else in the world...

FACT = the roman empire lasted for centuries and happened thousands of years before some thin mustached austrian 'ruled' europe for 4 years...

that being said, most people (including me) would label someone a fascist if they made the gesture but you cant seperate it from its history ESPECIALLY in Italy where people live among the remnants of the age old empire.

Old 06-05-2012, 05:51 AM   #85
Soul Controller
Yammich maeker

Soul Controller Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Soul Controller Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Soul Controller Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Soul Controller Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Soul Controller Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Soul Controller Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Soul Controller Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Soul Controller Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Soul Controller Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Soul Controller Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Soul Controller Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

i dont understand how a glory achieved by other people, can be your best ever day you lived..

surely your own personal achievements totally annihilate achievements that you had no DIRECT action in?

LulZ KillZ Phear....

Old 06-05-2012, 06:24 AM   #86
MaskedAvenger
Secret Rival

You just have to understand football

Old 06-05-2012, 06:37 AM   #87
immaculate

8 fist of fury8 fist of fury8 fist of fury8 fist of fury8 fist of fury8 fist of fury8 fist of fury8 fist of fury8 fist of fury8 fist of fury8 fist of fury

... Poland...

8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 06:47 AM   #88
Soul Controller
Yammich maeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaskedAvenger View Post
You just have to understand football

i do underatand football.. as a kid/teen. i loved that shit.. was heavily into argentina. everton, fiorentina.. various EU countries (from portugal to italy to yugoslavia to turkey)

ive loved football for time..

but its ENTERTAINMENT, when you watched ur fave shows, and the baddy dies.. do u feel as happy?? if your fave show is renewwed for another season.. do u scream in joy and claim it to be the happiest day of your life??

its entertainment.. these entertainers get paid handsomely for entertaining.... but people want to attach other peoples success to their own, when all your doing is buying into the success.. buying a ticket,, buy a kit.. so you feel your part of success / winning team..

i understand football alot better now than i used too.

i used to hate teams/players.. managers

now i just sit back and enjoy it all.. actually enjoy the beauty of the game, with out biased views and opinions..

but thats what society has done, get people happy from the success of others. then make money on it. so people can associate with that success..

then the people go back to work and talk about the success.. like if they fucking took part in it.

lolololol

sorry its just ridiculous!!

i havent even got one happiest day, i got many days that i thoroughly enjoyed.. i cant pick one out of lots of days that ive enjoyed..

i could never have a fave day where i sat infront of a tv, or went to an entertainment venue, where other people excelled themselves.. and then me to claim it as my own glory

lol wtf

LulZ KillZ Phear....

Old 06-05-2012, 07:16 AM   #89
MaskedAvenger
Secret Rival

In Italy (and many other countries), football is considered a religion, its not just entertainment like baseball or basketball, its not like supporting a franchise. Take Napoli for example, they are considered the toilet of the country, they are shit on in society every day, they are considered almost non-Italian but every Sunday when their team plays the city literally stops! When they played Chelsea in the CL this season there was not even 1 emergency call made in the whole City in the 2 hours that the game was played. Go watch any doco on youtube of Napoli winning the championship in the 1986/87 and you will know what it means to the people of their city.

Old 06-05-2012, 11:15 AM   #90
cap
THE ILL ONE

yo soul controller, i honestly stopped reading when you said 'i used to love football and i loved the argentinian team...'

- you dont love football anymore

- you rooted for a country that isnt your own

so yeah your comments are pretty void.