news
wu-tang clan
bio's
media
store
blogs
forum
contact

Go Back   Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan > The Elements > Hip-Hop Shop

Old 06-01-2012, 01:55 PM   #16
fatboybrandon
Your fav. artist's artist

fatboybrandon Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)fatboybrandon Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)fatboybrandon Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)fatboybrandon Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)fatboybrandon Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)fatboybrandon Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)fatboybrandon Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)fatboybrandon Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)fatboybrandon Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)fatboybrandon Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)fatboybrandon Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Most of the above mentioned are on my list. Here's a few I feel don't get enough posthumous recognition as others:

RIP Kid Hood from Scenario remix

RIP Bloodshed of C.O.C. (and Big L)

RIP Matt Doo, the artist who did Organized's Stress cover art

RIP Rockafella of The Hit Squad who appears on Redman's 2nd album

RIP Scientifik

Non-Hip Hop: Melvin Sparks, James Brown, MJ, Mark Adams of Slave, Isaac Hayes, Mike Blooomfield, Marvin Gaye and others

fatboybrandon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2012, 02:03 PM   #17
Dr Sleepwalker
Sleepyheaded Nonsense

Dr Sleepwalker iron monkeyDr Sleepwalker iron monkeyDr Sleepwalker iron monkeyDr Sleepwalker iron monkey

Layne Staley and Eyedea
Old 06-01-2012, 02:30 PM   #18
THE MASON
Winter is Coming

THE MASON Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)THE MASON Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)THE MASON Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)THE MASON Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)THE MASON Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)THE MASON Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)THE MASON Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)THE MASON Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)THE MASON Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)THE MASON Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)THE MASON Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Proof, Subroc, Guru, Big L, Big Pun, Pac, Biggie, Aaliyah, Left Eye, ODB, MCA, Apache....................

the list is too long and too depressing to think of all the dope artist that passed well before there time

ELITE STATUS
THE MASON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 05:26 PM   #19
sakk
Autarch

sakk crouching tigersakk crouching tiger

Hendrix

I was surprised when Eyedea died. I guess his demons didn't go public until he passed.

New Orleans Hornets and New Orleans Saints are the champions.
rep·re·sent
To stand for; symbolize
sakk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 06:33 AM   #20
sickdog
PRODIGAL SUN

sickdog iron monkeysickdog iron monkeysickdog iron monkeysickdog iron monkey

Eazy E.
sickdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 06:35 AM   #21
immaculate

8 fist of fury8 fist of fury8 fist of fury8 fist of fury8 fist of fury8 fist of fury8 fist of fury8 fist of fury8 fist of fury8 fist of fury8 fist of fury

Jim Morrison, ODB...

8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 10:44 AM   #22
fatboybrandon
Your fav. artist's artist

fatboybrandon Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)fatboybrandon Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)fatboybrandon Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)fatboybrandon Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)fatboybrandon Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)fatboybrandon Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)fatboybrandon Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)fatboybrandon Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)fatboybrandon Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)fatboybrandon Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)fatboybrandon Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

R.I.P. to Big D.S. and X-1 of Onyx. It's interesting how suicidal X acts on the above song before the point he actually took his own life in reality.

fatboybrandon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 01:06 PM   #23
Longbongcilvaringz

Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Big L and Biggie. And Nujabes and Dilla obviously if you're including producers.

I stopped listening to the others mentioned at a place in their discography before they died. Don't really think i would have listened to anything new from Guru, Pun, Pac, ODB, Eyedea etc. even if they hadn't died. Doubtful they would have ever made anything surpassing what they did earlier in their careers also.

Big L is definitely my favourite MC and he was pretty much only getting better. Other's mentioned were past their prime when they died, even Biggie to an extent.

Longbongcilvaringz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 01:17 PM   #24
theheavens
Banned

theheavens Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)theheavens Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)theheavens Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)theheavens Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)theheavens Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)theheavens Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)theheavens Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)theheavens Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)theheavens Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)theheavens Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)theheavens Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

I would trade 2pac's-post-death albums for some new Big Pun and Big L
theheavens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 03:02 PM   #25
main_man
BANNED FOR LIFE!

main_man Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)main_man Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)main_man Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)main_man Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)main_man Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)main_man Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)main_man Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)main_man Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)main_man Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)main_man Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)main_man Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

the number one for me is guru.

always one of my personal favorite mcs. when i heard he went into the coma it was a surprise.
i hoped he would snap out of it. with all the bullshit drama that went on.

now i'll never get to hear a new gangstarr album. and that shit irks me.

https://soundcloud.com/gptent/tito-lo-blak-hell
main_man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 06:16 PM   #26
immaculate

8 fist of fury8 fist of fury8 fist of fury8 fist of fury8 fist of fury8 fist of fury8 fist of fury8 fist of fury8 fist of fury8 fist of fury8 fist of fury

Sam Cooke, Marvin Gaye...

Old 06-08-2012, 06:40 AM   #27
Longbongcilvaringz

Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Quote:
Originally Posted by main_man View Post
the number one for me is guru.

always one of my personal favorite mcs. when i heard he went into the coma it was a surprise.
i hoped he would snap out of it. with all the bullshit drama that went on.

now i'll never get to hear a new gangstarr album. and that shit irks me.
Yeah well, you never would have heard one anyway, so what's the difference. Were people actually still listening to Guru's new music when he died? Wow, you guys need some excitement in your lives or something.

Longbongcilvaringz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 01:06 PM   #28
main_man
BANNED FOR LIFE!

main_man Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)main_man Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)main_man Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)main_man Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)main_man Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)main_man Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)main_man Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)main_man Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)main_man Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)main_man Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)main_man Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

my ballbag + your mouth = much excitement in my life.

https://soundcloud.com/gptent/tito-lo-blak-hell
main_man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2012, 05:16 PM   #29
Pattch82
The Drunken Flunky

Pattch82 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Pattch82 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Pattch82 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Pattch82 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Pattch82 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Pattch82 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Pattch82 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Pattch82 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Pattch82 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Pattch82 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Pattch82 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Wasnt really unexpected but I was gutted when Johnny Cash died. My absolute idol. Grew up listening to Johnny Cash my whole life, got pretty much every album he ever released, the good and the bad. Even named my first child Cash... and that's no joke.

RIP to the Man In Black.

Peace!
Pattch82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2012, 05:35 PM   #30
immaculate

co-signin' most of ya'll picks too.
the thread says "artists", so I'ma go with Jack Palance next