news
wu-tang clan
bio's
media
store
blogs
forum
contact

Go Back   Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan > The Elements > Know The Ledge

Old 08-19-2008, 09:04 PM   #1
Locust
Lyrical Toilet Paper

Locust shaolin masta killaLocust shaolin masta killaLocust shaolin masta killaLocust shaolin masta killaLocust shaolin masta killaLocust shaolin masta killaLocust shaolin masta killaLocust shaolin masta killa
Send a message via MSN to Locust
Default jealousy

i been thinking about this a lot lately, just a theory i came up with. let me know what you think

where does jealousy come from? jealousy between a guy and a girl if the girl goes off with another guy. i think we've all had this feeling before and its got to be one of the worst feelings ever. that feeling you get in your stomache you know, and you feel kinda empty and you dont have the motivation to do shit. like if you get that girl again and then everything will be right and you'll be happy. then you want the girl more even if u didnt like her that much in the first place, so you try to get her back. its a feeling we all get, and when we show any signs of jealousy to the girl the girl ditches you and becomes unnatracted, and you push her further and further away from yourself. you show all the characteristics that are unnatractive to a girl when you're jealous, you become a little bitch even if you naturally aren't. it doesn't make sense right, why would we have this gay feeling?

i think it comes from when we were still cavemen. has anyone read the selfish gene? i think jealousy is a mechanism in us that got passed on from our ancestors so it must benefit our survival in SOME way, or help us pass our gene on more. otherwise it wouldn't exist and it would've died out right. this might sound weird but jealousy makes the girl veer off, so we have no chances of getting her again. in result we're forced to spread our seed to other females, and have no other choice. so when that relationship is done its only natural that you get jealous when she flirts with other dudes, so you repel her and then that forces you to find other girls to bang.

sometimes jealousy is a totally illogical feeling. like if you want your ex to date other guys and get over you and move on, you'll feel jealous anyway even though you know its better that way. or if you had no feelings for the girl before and she meant nothing to you, and now that shes dating some other dude you feel like you need her, and even if she liked you in the first place eventually she'll end up being unnatracted because you start to show jealousy. then you start thinking stuff like, you dont know what you got till its gone. which is complete bullshit imo. its just an emotion you get to force you to spread your seed more, bang other girls and move on.

Last edited by Locust; 08-19-2008 at 09:08 PM.
Locust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2008, 09:32 PM   #2
FacelessEnemy
TFE+ARL

FacelessEnemy grasshopper

jeasously invovles more than just girls, narrowing it down to just girls is close minded... you cant really base your whole arguement around that...

also, maybe jealously is a weakness that IS dying out, but hasn't quite got there yet!

PEACE

If I told you where we were at or where we were goin', I'd shatter the worlds social balance as we know it
FacelessEnemy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2008, 10:50 PM   #3
Face of the Golden Falcon
...born of a future war

Face of the Golden Falcon five deadly venomsFace of the Golden Falcon five deadly venomsFace of the Golden Falcon five deadly venomsFace of the Golden Falcon five deadly venomsFace of the Golden Falcon five deadly venomsFace of the Golden Falcon five deadly venomsFace of the Golden Falcon five deadly venomsFace of the Golden Falcon five deadly venomsFace of the Golden Falcon five deadly venoms
Send a message via MSN to Face of the Golden Falcon

Jealousy of any kind comes from an ignorance of Self. It doesn't force you to do anything other than what ever you choose it to. Like you said it's just an emotion. Emotion is our fuel for action. What you do with it is up to you.

SHEM HETEP

Req Em Ab

Face of the Golden Falcon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2008, 06:35 AM   #4
Locust
Lyrical Toilet Paper

Locust shaolin masta killaLocust shaolin masta killaLocust shaolin masta killaLocust shaolin masta killaLocust shaolin masta killaLocust shaolin masta killaLocust shaolin masta killaLocust shaolin masta killa
Send a message via MSN to Locust

Quote:
Originally Posted by FacelessEnemy View Post
also, maybe jealously is a weakness that IS dying out, but hasn't quite got there yet!

PEACE
yeah obviously you got jealousy for other things like materialism etc, but we're talking about with females here.
i dont see your point. it wouldn't be dying out yet cause humans just recently evolved to the stage they are at now, we were still cavemen for thousands of years not too long ago. it survived through all these generations, so tell me why would it be dying out? if the jealousy mechanism still exists in us and got passed down through hundreds of generations it must benefit the passing on of our gene in some way. so naturally it wouldn't be dying out.
look man to think jealousy is useless or a weakness doesnt make sense, if it were to be so it would've been weeded out already. why would jealousy be dying out. i dont know if we're on the same page here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FacelessEnemy View Post
Jealousy of any kind comes from an ignorance of Self. It doesn't force you to do anything other than what ever you choose it to. Like you said it's just an emotion. Emotion is our fuel for action. What you do with it is up to you.

SHEM HETEP
yeah what you said is true, jealousy is just an emotion. but its a strong emotion like being hungry, and most people act through their emotions, unless if you're a highly enlightened individual and can see past your emotions but that usually isn't the case with us humans. thats what im talking about here, if you've ever been jealous in your life its hard not to act through with that emotion. its hard not to act needy and call her more etc. jealousy is an emotion we have for a reason, just like being angry or horny or whatever. we live in a society where usually we do what our emotions tell us, with most people its emotion over mind. so you're emotions usually overweigh your thoughts.

if you've ever had any experience being jealous you'll see it causes you to act differently around that person, and its hard to just block out that emotion like you were saying. sure your mind is telling you to just move on but unless if you've trained yourself to neglect that feeling and to just go with your purpose, you will usually act differently around the girl as a cause of that emotion.

can i get some more views
Old 08-29-2008, 11:21 AM   #5
FacelessEnemy
TFE+ARL

FacelessEnemy grasshopper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Locust View Post
yeah obviously you got jealousy for other things like materialism etc, but we're talking about with females here.
i dont see your point. it wouldn't be dying out yet cause humans just recently evolved to the stage they are at now, we were still cavemen for thousands of years not too long ago. it survived through all these generations, so tell me why would it be dying out? if the jealousy mechanism still exists in us and got passed down through hundreds of generations it must benefit the passing on of our gene in some way. so naturally it wouldn't be dying out.
look man to think jealousy is useless or a weakness doesnt make sense, if it were to be so it would've been weeded out already. why would jealousy be dying out. i dont know if we're on the same page here.
no, we're not

my point is youre saying jealously HAS to have to some good reasons for it being there because it hasnt died out yet

i'm just saying maybe it hasnt died out yet... but is gonna... i mean... we dont really need leg hair anymore but that's still there, right?

If I told you where we were at or where we were goin', I'd shatter the worlds social balance as we know it
FacelessEnemy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2008, 11:37 AM   #6
WARPATH
Dinosaur Hunter

WARPATH Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)WARPATH Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)WARPATH Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)WARPATH Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)WARPATH Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)WARPATH Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)WARPATH Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)WARPATH Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)WARPATH Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)WARPATH Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)WARPATH Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)
Send a message via Skype™ to WARPATH

I thinks a childish emotion some people never get rid of. Kind of like fear.
Old 08-29-2008, 11:39 AM   #7
Koolish
Don't Mess With It

Koolish drunken mastaKoolish drunken masta

jealousy to me is refusing to be thankful for what you have. it's the worst if you'd ever wish you were someone else, you were born how you were, you were raised how you were, and now you don't appreciate that individuality?

but when it comes to women, you can't help but feel jealous sometimes.
Koolish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 12:59 AM   #8
LORD NOSE
The Smell of The Future

LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

jealousy as a hunger ?

deep - will have to think about that one for a few

imagine if you planted a palm tree in the earth - you took care of it for a time and then the earth pushed it out of her and your tree fell over and laid down - then the earth said, i want an oak tree planted in me - but you had no oak tree seeds - but homeboy down the road did

cains offering was rejected -

maybe whatever cain was offering, he wasn't good at nurturing and should have found something he was good at -

it's said " Go where you are appreciated, don't stay where you are tolerated"

if you keep losing at basketball, and you are the worst on the team, maybe you should try playing football.

"For jealousy and envy are dumb ones tools
So Ricky says nothing, he keeps his cool
Revenge is not a mission that the Ruler's on
Just forgiveness required for the wrong that's done
So off we go, let the trumpets blow
And hold on, because the driver of the mission is a pro
the Rulers back"
Old 08-17-2012, 11:59 AM   #9
John Nash
supreme maths GOD degree

Location: I don't live with my mum, my mum lives with me, biatch
John Nash prodigal sonJohn Nash prodigal sonJohn Nash prodigal sonJohn Nash prodigal sonJohn Nash prodigal sonJohn Nash prodigal son

jealousy and envy r two different things. jealousy is the fear of losng some1/something ur attatched to. jealousy pretty much comes from being deeply/emotionally attatched to things and if we lose them we r suddenly gonna become afraid. i dont agree with ur theory cuz jealousy makes u want to get back even more whereas ur trying to say it helps us move on.
at least you fuckin an animal you are giving it pleasure instead of giving it pain.....better karma for you......
Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlesJones View Post
No i'm not a idiot. If i was a idiot, i'd be a criminal. There's nothing wrong with admitting you're afraid of something.
John Nash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 03:02 PM   #10
V4D3R
Singularity Instigator

V4D3R five deadly venomsV4D3R five deadly venomsV4D3R five deadly venomsV4D3R five deadly venomsV4D3R five deadly venomsV4D3R five deadly venomsV4D3R five deadly venomsV4D3R five deadly venomsV4D3R five deadly venoms

Quote:
Originally Posted by SUNNY WINTERS View Post
jealousy as a hunger ?

deep - will have to think about that one for a few

imagine if you planted a palm tree in the earth - you took care of it for a time and then the earth pushed it out of her and your tree fell over and laid down - then the earth said, i want an oak tree planted in me - but you had no oak tree seeds - but homeboy down the road did

cains offering was rejected -

maybe whatever cain was offering, he wasn't good at nurturing and should have found something he was good at -

it's said " Go where you are appreciated, don't stay where you are tolerated"

if you keep losing at basketball, and you are the worst on the team, maybe you should try playing football.

"For jealousy and envy are dumb ones tools
So Ricky says nothing, he keeps his cool
Revenge is not a mission that the Ruler's on
Just forgiveness required for the wrong that's done
So off we go, let the trumpets blow
And hold on, because the driver of the mission is a pro
the Rulers back"

Words are powerful...they project your feelings and intent very clearly.

Hip-hop is totally based on ego and jealousy.

Some mc's are not about the glory or ego trip though; the message they convey means more to them then their own lives...no matter the repercussions.

V4D3R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 03:47 PM   #11
Ol' Dirty Trixˣ
Wu Tang Clam

Ol' Dirty Trixˣ Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ol' Dirty Trixˣ Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ol' Dirty Trixˣ Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ol' Dirty Trixˣ Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ol' Dirty Trixˣ Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ol' Dirty Trixˣ Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ol' Dirty Trixˣ Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ol' Dirty Trixˣ Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ol' Dirty Trixˣ Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ol' Dirty Trixˣ Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ol' Dirty Trixˣ Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

you either control your jealousy or continue to be controlled by your jealousy.

Listen to Jay-z's last album, it's all there.

Decipher, son.

Ol' Dirty Trixˣ is offline   Reply With Quote