news
wu-tang clan
bio's
media
store
blogs
forum
contact

Go Back   Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan > The Elements > Wu-Tang Chamber

Old 10-31-2012, 11:53 AM   #151
Uncle Steezo
Gen Chat Bully

Uncle Steezo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Uncle Steezo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Uncle Steezo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Uncle Steezo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Uncle Steezo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Uncle Steezo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Uncle Steezo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Uncle Steezo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Uncle Steezo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Uncle Steezo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Uncle Steezo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

http://bingenow.com/video?vidid=3308&res=
Uncle Steezo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 11:37 AM   #152
IronSheik
The Birth Of A Prince

IronSheik five deadly venomsIronSheik five deadly venomsIronSheik five deadly venomsIronSheik five deadly venomsIronSheik five deadly venomsIronSheik five deadly venomsIronSheik five deadly venomsIronSheik five deadly venomsIronSheik five deadly venomsIronSheik five deadly venoms
Send a message via AIM to IronSheik Send a message via Skype™ to IronSheik
Default BTS: Respect the classics

http://www.youtube.com/watch_popup?v...G3HU&vq=hd1080
Old 11-01-2012, 01:59 PM   #153
Surreptitious
Above the Clouds

Surreptitious prodigal sonSurreptitious prodigal sonSurreptitious prodigal sonSurreptitious prodigal sonSurreptitious prodigal sonSurreptitious prodigal son

going with muh bitch for opening night tomorrow
Old 11-01-2012, 08:29 PM   #154
CuzinBilly
PRODIGAL SUN

CuzinBilly Sinister snakeCuzinBilly Sinister snake

only and hour and a half wait. for me. YIPEE
Old 11-02-2012, 04:51 AM   #155
Jin10304
Veteran Member

Jin10304 five deadly venomsJin10304 five deadly venomsJin10304 five deadly venomsJin10304 five deadly venomsJin10304 five deadly venomsJin10304 five deadly venomsJin10304 five deadly venomsJin10304 five deadly venoms

Just came from it. I can definitely tell some of the Tarantino style was implemented into this with the 3 main characters intertwined storylines with one common goal in mind (protect the governor's gold from looters on route to a northern village). Great fighting scenes, RZA knew his shit. Bautista wasnt bad at all actually, he did his thing. Crowe was sick, love that knife gun he has, I can see the ODB influence especially during the motherfucker's intro..."I will NOT be DISTURBED!!!". X-Blades knive suit was a good touch, RZA doesnt do too much kung fu really in this. Youll see why, but he sticks to his iron fists. Only real complaint I had was the badly done CGI blood. Looked way too fake at time, like as if I was watching a 3D horror movie especially during X-Blades scene in the Blossom House. Right now its at 7.5 or 8/10
Jin10304 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 05:30 AM   #156
duotone
PRODIGAL SUN

duotone crouching tiger

7.8-8/10 doesnt sound bad for a low budget b-movie... (<- what might be the reason why the blood looks fake...)

what i want to know is what the "none-wu-tang-rza-fan" says about that movie...
is there any critics out there?

imdb says 7.7 (1800 votes)
its not bad but usually the rating goes down by time..

germany has to wait until 11/29th... and then we just get the translated version wich usually isnt that good like the original...

IMDB review... no spoiler
Quote:
The Man with the Iron Fists, 2 November 2012

Author: joef_dude from United States

Before I entered the theater to watch Rza's movie "The Man with the Iron Fists", I had a couple of expectations for it. From only seeing the trailer and no review on the movie, It seemed to me that this was going to be a throwback to older martial arts/kung fu style of fighting movies. After seeing that Quentin Tarantino produced the film, it made me even more excited and could not wait to find out where this movie might go. From what I know this Rza's first film he has ever directed by himself. So, I was interested to see what he brings to the table.

As the intro of the movie starts playing I get this weird feeling that this might turn out to be a wreck. But, as it plays on I find out what kind of goals they were going for in the making of this. The overall art style through the movie ended up blowing me away. This movie looks astounding almost the whole way through it. I think that is one of the main things they were going for and you can definitely tell it has a Quentin Tarantino feel to it. The Characters and scenery have great originality and a overwhelmingly awesome feel to them. Most of the acting was actually pretty good and had some big name actors like Lucy Lu and Russell Crowe. I had a little problem caring for the main plot but, each characters stories were interesting to say the least.

The thing that made this movie even better was the soundtrack. It is mix of slow jams, rock, Chinese oriented, old west, and hip hop. It just gave the movie an over all great vibe and was satisfying. The sound effects were overall decent and did not sound to fake or stupid to ruin my experience. Most of the acting was great and only a few actors were noticeably bad.

Now I know what most people are wondering about is the action and violence in the movie. I can say that it is a great action oriented movie and has plenty of great fighting scene. The first half of the movie to me is the better half when it came to the fighting scenes. It was thrilling to see them flying through the air kicking each others asses. The problem I had with the second half though, was the amount of CGI they used and I'm not saying CGI is a bad thing either. It just felt that they used to much of it towards the end and it seemed different from the first half.

Most people are probably expecting a gore fest of a movie sense Quentin Tarantino has his name on it. Which is definitely a bad thing in my opinion. But, after watching it I did not feel that it had as much as I was expecting. Don't get me wrong though, it is still a violent movie and there is scenes where it gets particularly gory. There is plenty of blood to enjoy and I think they did a great job.

I got a lot of joy out this film and that is good for being Rza's first main stream movie. The overall main plot was unfortunately not that good of an experience for me and they did kind of veer off into another direction then I wanted it to when it came to the ending segment. These things did effect my personal opinion for the movie but, it definitely was not bad. I do recommend this film for at least a one time watch and maybe even a second if your friends have not seen it. I give it a 7.5 out of 10 and remember this whole review was opinion based so, don't yell at me! Hope this helped out a little and I hope you enjoy!

http://www.youtube.com/du0t0ne

Last edited by duotone; 11-02-2012 at 05:36 AM.
duotone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 05:51 AM   #157
Jin10304
Veteran Member

Jin10304 five deadly venomsJin10304 five deadly venomsJin10304 five deadly venomsJin10304 five deadly venomsJin10304 five deadly venomsJin10304 five deadly venomsJin10304 five deadly venomsJin10304 five deadly venoms

To me for a kung fu film the plot didnt need to be overtly intricate, they all have interconnecting goals Q.T. style..

Thaddeus= Feels awful that the weapons he made for the Lion Clan where used in a horrible way. He also wants to free Lady Silk from the whore house by buying her out from Madame Blossom. He also seeks revenge against Brass Body

Jack Knife= Hired to make sure the governor's gold makes it through Jungle Village to another village in the north.

X-Blade= Revenge seeker against Silver Lion for a henious crime.

All while the other clans contact Thaddeus to make them weapons to steal the gold
Old 11-02-2012, 07:52 AM   #158
ForensikZ
SLIMEY SAVAGE

ForensikZ crouching tigerForensikZ crouching tiger

all the negative reviews i see are from people who obviously didnt know what they were gonna get. i am seeing this later today. honest review by tongiht
ForensikZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 09:54 AM   #159
CuzinBilly
PRODIGAL SUN

CuzinBilly Sinister snakeCuzinBilly Sinister snake

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jin10304 View Post
To me for a kung fu film the plot didnt need to be overtly intricate, they all have interconnecting goals Q.T. style..

Thaddeus= Feels awful that the weapons he made for the Lion Clan where used in a horrible way. He also wants to free Lady Silk from the whore house by buying her out from Madame Blossom. He also seeks revenge against Brass Body

Jack Knife= Hired to make sure the governor's gold makes it through Jungle Village to another village in the north.

X-Blade= Revenge seeker against Silver Lion for a henious crime.

All while the other clans contact Thaddeus to make them weapons to steal the gold
wasn't thaddeus the slave rza was rumored to play in Django Unchained. i taugh his name here was blacksmith. an to the other Fool who posted above. U consider a 20 million dollar movie, low budget b-movie.

Last edited by CuzinBilly; 11-02-2012 at 10:00 AM.
CuzinBilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 10:52 AM   #160
Dr. Simon Hurt
Madrigal Elektromotoren

Location: my own private domicile, and I will not be harassed...bitch!
Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

considering that most mainstream action films have budgets of 1-200 million dollars, yes that is low budget and would've been seen as such 15 years ago.
Dr. Simon Hurt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 12:34 PM   #161
Jin10304
Veteran Member

Billy, his real name is Thaddeus point blank, everyone in Jungle Village just knows him as this Blacksmith who was previously a slave. Pam Grier traded her freedom from her plantation owner instead for her son's since he was younger. Something happends & he ends up on a slave boat I believe nicely tieing in with that animated prequel about the boat & Brass Body
Old 11-02-2012, 01:49 PM   #162
theheavens
Banned

theheavens Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)theheavens Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)theheavens Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)theheavens Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)theheavens Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)theheavens Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)theheavens Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)theheavens Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)theheavens Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)theheavens Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)theheavens Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

reading the reviews at RottenTomatoes.com

it's a decent score, but some people are calling it a "a good bad movie," which isn't much of a compliment. and others flat-out hate it. I'm seeing it tomorrow
theheavens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 10:38 PM   #163
Hollow Dartz
Banned

Hollow Dartz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Hollow Dartz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Hollow Dartz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Hollow Dartz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Hollow Dartz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Hollow Dartz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Hollow Dartz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Hollow Dartz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Hollow Dartz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Hollow Dartz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Hollow Dartz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)
Send a message via AIM to Hollow Dartz

7.5/10. I just saw it, bout to hit the club, will go into detail tomorrow...well later today....
Hollow Dartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 10:53 PM   #164
Creepshow
Pirate Gunslinger

Creepshow iron monkeyCreepshow iron monkeyCreepshow iron monkey

Very fun movie with some great action pieces. Cheesy dialog and over the top action is what we all should expect
Old 11-02-2012, 11:23 PM   #165
pmack215
* Mighty Healthy *

pmack215 drunken mastapmack215 drunken masta
Send a message via Skype™ to pmack215

man i was actually pretty disappointed. i thought they did a terrible job unfolding the story, and then tying the story all together.

my general thoughts......

rza's acting is terrible!!!!!! he should've just been director and found another actor.
rza was also narrator. again, bad choice.

russell was awesome! great acting. super cool.

not much to the story. not told well at all. anticlimactic.

dialogue was pretty sub-par.

stylistically was very nice. good direction overall!
good fight scenes & stayed true to classic kung-fu, but camera was too close too often.

cool characters.

great music! score & sdtrk songs! great ODB placement!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! respect!

i struggle to give it a 5/10.
......and i'm a HUGE rza fan. i'm actually a tad surprised tarantino has his name out front all over this.