news
wu-tang clan
bio's
media
store
blogs
forum
contact

Go Back   Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan > The Elements > Know The Ledge

Old 07-04-2012, 08:40 PM   #1
diggy
The ABBOTT

diggy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)diggy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)diggy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)diggy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)diggy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)diggy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)diggy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)diggy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)diggy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)diggy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)diggy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)
Default Empathy

Sometimes when a person is angry or sad, I feel that way too. Or sometimes when a person is undergoing something painful, I feel pain...

A technique is to try to feel the emotion you know a person has and try to reason what their behaviour would be. Or you could pretend you are that person (a person who's personality you understand) and see what feelings that leads to.

Build.

diggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2012, 09:07 PM   #2
KATO
Hidden Warrior

KATO shaolin masta killaKATO shaolin masta killaKATO shaolin masta killaKATO shaolin masta killaKATO shaolin masta killaKATO shaolin masta killaKATO shaolin masta killa

I have the ability to be empathetic in most situations, though depending on the severity I tend to display an emotion (quietly) more-so than not of a, "Sucks to be you" or "Better you than me" characteristic.

That being said, I'm not an asshole or anything, but being empathetic and sympathetic are closely knit together, but sympathy is a quality I lack in a majority of cases.

Best example? Picture telling Clint Eastwood you're hurt, or really sick and need comforting

or better yet, picture Hank Hill from "King of the Hill" and how he would react to hearing about how you broke up with your boyfriend/girlfriend:

Old 07-05-2012, 12:44 PM   #3
D.projectile

D.projectile iron monkeyD.projectile iron monkeyD.projectile iron monkey

fly on the wall docs like Big Brother and also the net-forums too give us the chance to get littlle bit more of an understanding of those we may have considered different from us. Shows like big bro can be considered a gift n a tool to understandin us as humans.
minglin with peeps and studyin peeps is importante for this although the ego wont always allow for that. the erb makes introspection a little easier
D.projectile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 03:35 PM   #4
LORD NOSE
The Smell of The Future

LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

I absorb everything - that's one reason I don't like being in large crowds
Old 07-05-2012, 06:39 PM   #5
KERZO
☀☀☀☀☀☀☀☀☀☀

KERZO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)KERZO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)KERZO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)KERZO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)KERZO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)KERZO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)KERZO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)KERZO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)KERZO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)KERZO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)KERZO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Yeah I'm one over-empathetic sensitive mofo. I either feel sorry for someone or wanna stick my foot up dey ass!

KERZO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 01:55 PM   #6
LORD NOSE
The Smell of The Future

LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALPHATEK View Post
Yeah I'm one over-empathetic sensitive mofo. I either feel sorry for someone or wanna stick my foot up dey ass!
I usually end up wanting to put my foot up the ass of those I feel sorry for.

Not in a sexual way either
LORD NOSE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 01:58 PM   #7
food for thought
Duppy Conquerer

Location: SHAKA ZULU BOBO SHANTI NYABINGHI MAN A MAU MAU WARRIOR
food for thought Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)food for thought Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)food for thought Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)food for thought Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)food for thought Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)food for thought Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)food for thought Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)food for thought Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)food for thought Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)food for thought Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)food for thought Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Quote:
Originally Posted by FMJ View Post
Sometimes when a person is angry or sad, I feel that way too. Or sometimes when a person is undergoing something painful, I feel pain...
there was a time in my life where this would happen to me, pretty severly

very hard to describe but it was a very realistic and somewhat overwhelming feeling that was hard, if not impossible, to control

food for thought is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 02:02 PM   #8
food for thought
Duppy Conquerer

Location: SHAKA ZULU BOBO SHANTI NYABINGHI MAN A MAU MAU WARRIOR
food for thought Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)food for thought Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)food for thought Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)food for thought Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)food for thought Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)food for thought Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)food for thought Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)food for thought Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)food for thought Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)food for thought Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)food for thought Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SUNNY WINTERS View Post
I usually end up wanting to put my foot up the ass of those I feel sorry for.

Not in a sexual way either
hahaha

reminds me of when Mooney was talking about wanting to cry when he sees a homeless white person LOL

food for thought is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 02:13 PM   #9
LORD NOSE
The Smell of The Future

We eat the light that others give off with their eyes
Old 07-06-2012, 03:56 PM   #10
Shadow Demon
PRODIGAL SUN

Shadow Demon five deadly venomsShadow Demon five deadly venomsShadow Demon five deadly venomsShadow Demon five deadly venomsShadow Demon five deadly venomsShadow Demon five deadly venomsShadow Demon five deadly venomsShadow Demon five deadly venomsShadow Demon five deadly venoms

Quote:
Originally Posted by FMJ View Post

Build.
I completely agree, I cant watch docu's on people with severe disabilities or facial disconfigurations etc, people like watching that stuff (not on a sadistic tip) but i dont

same with ish on genocide etc

Shadow Demon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2012, 01:09 AM   #11
LORD NOSE
The Smell of The Future

Quote:
Originally Posted by SUNNY WINTERS View Post
We eat the light that others give off with their eyes

in saying this.... When people are angry and sad their body language and faces express what they are going through and we eat that and it becomes a part of us. And it becomes harder for us to digest when we take their expressions personal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by food for thought View Post
hahaha

reminds me of when Mooney was talking about wanting to cry when he sees a homeless white person LOL
everybodys suffering is our suffering

Lol. Mooney is a nut though
Old 07-07-2012, 03:26 PM   #12
Big Smokes
Livin It Up

Big Smokes shaolin masta killaBig Smokes shaolin masta killaBig Smokes shaolin masta killaBig Smokes shaolin masta killaBig Smokes shaolin masta killaBig Smokes shaolin masta killaBig Smokes shaolin masta killaBig Smokes shaolin masta killa

^youre right Sunny Winters & OP i find myself feeling like this
Big Smokes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 02:41 PM   #13
V4D3R
Singularity Instigator

V4D3R five deadly venomsV4D3R five deadly venomsV4D3R five deadly venomsV4D3R five deadly venomsV4D3R five deadly venomsV4D3R five deadly venomsV4D3R five deadly venomsV4D3R five deadly venomsV4D3R five deadly venoms

water signs?

V4D3R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 04:20 PM   #14
Soul Controller
Yammich maeker

Soul Controller Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Soul Controller Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Soul Controller Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Soul Controller Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Soul Controller Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Soul Controller Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Soul Controller Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Soul Controller Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Soul Controller Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Soul Controller Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Soul Controller Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

I used to feel crazy empathy for close friends, over time that has dwindled, due to people not learning lessons,

I dont feel empathy anymore when people put themselves in fucked up situations, especially when they know better.

i have lots of empathy for people who have had no choice or say in the badness that has happened to them.. ie events done by govts and corporations against people who live in relative peace,

peoples whose lives have been ruined, due to no fault of their own.. i feel empathy for

but i cant feel empathy for ignorant motherfuckers, they deserve everythign they get

LulZ KillZ Phear....

http://thepiratenetwork.org

"THE ALL is MIND; The Universe is Mental." The Kybalion.

Last edited by Soul Controller; 07-11-2012 at 04:26 PM.
Soul Controller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 09:21 PM   #15
LORD NOSE
The Smell of The Future

Quote:
Originally Posted by V4D3R View Post
water signs?

yup