news
wu-tang clan
bio's
media
store
blogs
forum
contact

Go Back   Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan > The Elements > Box Office Hideout

Old 05-30-2012, 07:29 AM   #1
Big Smokes
Livin It Up

Big Smokes shaolin masta killaBig Smokes shaolin masta killaBig Smokes shaolin masta killaBig Smokes shaolin masta killaBig Smokes shaolin masta killaBig Smokes shaolin masta killaBig Smokes shaolin masta killaBig Smokes shaolin masta killa
Exclamation Sylvester Stallone Says Superhero Movies Are Making The Action Genre Fade Away

Speaking to ET about The Tomb (2013) alongside Schwarzenegger, Sylvester Stallone pseudo-lamented the fact that the action movie genre is seemingly being replaced by superheroes. Have the likes of John McClane, Rocky Balboa and The Terminator indeed been replaced by Batman, Captain America and The Hulk? Said Stallone on the prospect---

"This genre unfortunately is becomingÖ let's just say it's fading away. "You have the superheroes today which are possessed with all extraordinary powers; they can blink and a fireball comes out of there. It's great. And then you have a bunch of us which is just your basic male-pattern badness. Ö Kind of like hands-on action."

While Stallone, Willis and Arnold are still making movies today, they aren't making them the same way they did once upon a time. Even when they're continuations of the same film series, it's obvious that Live Free or Die Hard (2007) is not the same type of movie as the original Die Hard (1988. Even Rocky Balboa (2006) tried and failed to capture the same aesthetics and tone of Rocky (1976) and I'm sure the same will probably occur with Total Recall (2012). By no means am I saying this shift is evil but the action films of the past had a certain ability to get the testosterone flowing that just isn't matched today. It's part of an industry-wide trend that I feel was summed up quite succinctly by Meryl Streep recently --- [Source: CBS viaFilmDrunk]

Oh I donít see those (comic book movies). Thatís called the narrowing of the audience. The movie business has worked assiduously to discourage intelligent, discerning people, FROM the theater. They have worked hard to get rid of you, because you donít go and then buy toys and games.

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansit.../news/?a=60620
Big Smokes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 10:25 AM   #2
Frank Sobotka
Veteran Member

Frank Sobotka five deadly venomsFrank Sobotka five deadly venomsFrank Sobotka five deadly venomsFrank Sobotka five deadly venomsFrank Sobotka five deadly venomsFrank Sobotka five deadly venomsFrank Sobotka five deadly venomsFrank Sobotka five deadly venomsFrank Sobotka five deadly venomsFrank Sobotka five deadly venoms

Even when the comic book character is a great basis for an action flick they ruin it by making it too much of a superhero flick.
Old 05-31-2012, 03:40 PM   #3
Sky Blue Bally Kid
45th Generation Roman

Sky Blue Bally Kid Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Sky Blue Bally Kid Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Sky Blue Bally Kid Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Sky Blue Bally Kid Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Sky Blue Bally Kid Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Sky Blue Bally Kid Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Sky Blue Bally Kid Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Sky Blue Bally Kid Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Sky Blue Bally Kid Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Sky Blue Bally Kid Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Sky Blue Bally Kid Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Wack action films are making the action genre fade away...

When I'm writing in my room

It's like a child that's fighting in the womb

- KP -
Sky Blue Bally Kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 04:19 PM   #4
main_man
BANNED FOR LIFE!

main_man Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)main_man Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)main_man Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)main_man Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)main_man Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)main_man Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)main_man Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)main_man Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)main_man Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)main_man Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)main_man Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

sounds like someones turning old & bitter.............

https://soundcloud.com/gptent/tito-lo-blak-hell
main_man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 05:59 PM   #5
Shadow Demon
PRODIGAL SUN

Shadow Demon five deadly venomsShadow Demon five deadly venomsShadow Demon five deadly venomsShadow Demon five deadly venomsShadow Demon five deadly venomsShadow Demon five deadly venomsShadow Demon five deadly venomsShadow Demon five deadly venomsShadow Demon five deadly venoms

Most superhero films are mediocre. I cant even be arsed to check for Marvel films anymore. Same goes for works like Transformers.

Then again why would you innovate when people will see your film anyway.

Tbh i didnt even check for avatar. I like cgi but i prefer a real story. It was as someone pointed out a less convicing Dances With Wolves. + it didnt have kevin costner.

Shadow Demon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2012, 07:37 AM   #6
Fatal Guillotine
Veteran Member

Fatal Guillotine Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Fatal Guillotine Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Fatal Guillotine Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Fatal Guillotine Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Fatal Guillotine Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Fatal Guillotine Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Fatal Guillotine Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Fatal Guillotine Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Fatal Guillotine Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Fatal Guillotine Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Fatal Guillotine Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Quote:
Originally Posted by main_man View Post
sounds like someones turning old & bitter.............

lol doesnt he have his own filming company?
i mean at his age he should if he doesnt
Old 06-23-2012, 01:12 PM   #7
CharlesJones
Veteran Member

CharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of fury

Sylvester Stallone should have his own production company so he can still make action movies instead of having to go to a movie company and ask them to spend money. I think Sylvester is right that action movies are fading away because now these comic book movies are taking over. Plus action movies are fading because there aren't any actors doing action movies. Where's the new action stars? There hardly aren't any besides Jason Statham.
CharlesJones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2012, 07:47 AM   #8
TAURO
El Don of this shit

TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

No, the direct to dvd films are killing the action genre. They need to stop flooding the market with that low budget bullshit and focus on putting more action heroes on the big screen.

"I pledge allegiance to the hip hop"
Method Man
TAURO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2012, 07:19 PM   #9
KATO
Hidden Warrior

KATO shaolin masta killaKATO shaolin masta killaKATO shaolin masta killaKATO shaolin masta killaKATO shaolin masta killaKATO shaolin masta killaKATO shaolin masta killa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bloodspitta View Post
Wack action films are making the action genre fade away...
yup, and Hollywood trying to make the next generation of action stars too.....

Jason Statham is like the "new" Bruce Willis, all of his American made movies suck ass....Crank, the Transporter, etc....ALL crap....now SNATCH & Lock Stcok and 2 Smoking Barrels? those were awesome.......he should stick with Guy Ritchie, even his new flick where he's trying to save that little asian girl looks awful.

The Channing Tatum's, the Taylor Lautners, fuck them.......but Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson is okay I guess, not a fan of Vin Diesel either even though he's been kinda M.I.A aside from the Fast & Furious series.

We need a legitimate d00d to fill the void of the Arnolds, the Bruce Willises, The Sly Stallones, and to a lesser extent, the Chuck Norris's, The Segals, and the Van Dammes......

Jet Li was doing okay for a bit, but I guess people consider him old news, what with flops like "Cradle 2 the Grave" and "War"

My opinion? Give better opportunities to Ray Stevenson, Terry Crews, and Cristian Bale........I thought Bale and that other d00d from Terminator Salvation were good 2gether.

Shit even Danny Trejo, he's bad ass.....machete was awesome >

Last edited by KATO; 06-24-2012 at 07:25 PM.
KATO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2012, 07:54 PM   #10
TAURO
El Don of this shit

TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

I think the Hemsworth brothers Liam and Chris (Thor) could be the next action stars to look out for.

Method Man
Old 06-24-2012, 08:10 PM   #11
check two
N.I.

check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)

Sly is one of the worst actors in a while. He should be content that he gets paid to be in any movies.

check two is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2012, 10:06 PM   #12
KATO
Hidden Warrior

KATO shaolin masta killaKATO shaolin masta killaKATO shaolin masta killaKATO shaolin masta killaKATO shaolin masta killaKATO shaolin masta killaKATO shaolin masta killa

Quote:
Originally Posted by TAURO View Post
I think the Hemsworth brothers Liam and Chris (Thor) could be the next action stars to look out for.

yea for sure, and Tom Hardy too......that guy is bad ass in "The Warrior" and "Bronson" and am looking forward to him being "Bane" in D.K.R
Old 06-25-2012, 07:57 PM   #13
TAURO
El Don of this shit

It's funny you should mention Tom Hardy and Warrior since I just watched that movie for the first time last night. Sick movie and you're right, Hardy was a beast in that flick.

Method Man
Old 06-25-2012, 09:13 PM   #14
KATO
Hidden Warrior

^ Yea d00d,

It puts other gay wannabe MMA flicks to shame. Never Back Down, Fighting (with Channing Tatum), and Redbelt (wasn't too bad, but compared to Warrior it wasn't even comparable), and the Undisputed sequels, etc

Warrior had sick choreography, and I liked how Kurt Angle was a Fedor-like character doing that bad-ass slam.

good flick for sure, and Nick Nolte did a good job.
Old 06-27-2012, 10:39 AM   #15
CuzinBilly
PRODIGAL SUN

CuzinBilly Sinister snakeCuzinBilly Sinister snake

i will go see sylvester stallone every time he drops a film, i honestly though his career was over, luckily rocky balboa rekindled his success, i have seen every movie he has dropped since and i will go watch

expendables 2
bullet to the head
and the tomb

the best is yet to come