news
wu-tang clan
bio's
media
store
blogs
forum
contact

Go Back   Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan > The Elements > Hip-Hop Shop

Old 07-12-2012, 02:42 PM   #1
main_man
BANNED FOR LIFE!

main_man Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)main_man Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)main_man Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)main_man Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)main_man Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)main_man Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)main_man Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)main_man Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)main_man Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)main_man Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)main_man Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)
Default Slaughterhouse - "Hammer Dance" (EL-P REMIX)

gotta give producto some props for trying to polish up this turd.
http://new.official.fm/tracks/Dxt5

https://soundcloud.com/gptent/tito-lo-blak-hell
main_man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 04:07 PM   #2
THUGNIFICENT
Eff Grandad

THUGNIFICENT five deadly venomsTHUGNIFICENT five deadly venomsTHUGNIFICENT five deadly venomsTHUGNIFICENT five deadly venomsTHUGNIFICENT five deadly venomsTHUGNIFICENT five deadly venomsTHUGNIFICENT five deadly venomsTHUGNIFICENT five deadly venomsTHUGNIFICENT five deadly venoms

yeah, but it's still a turd.
THUGNIFICENT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 10:24 PM   #3
GhettoGnom
Veteran Member

GhettoGnom Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)GhettoGnom Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)GhettoGnom Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)GhettoGnom Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)GhettoGnom Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)GhettoGnom Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)GhettoGnom Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)GhettoGnom Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)GhettoGnom Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)GhettoGnom Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)GhettoGnom Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

El-P killed it..

This is what SH should try fucking with instead of that cee-lo clown dance shit
-Archetype

GhettoGnom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 03:35 PM   #4
Big Smokes
Livin It Up

Big Smokes shaolin masta killaBig Smokes shaolin masta killaBig Smokes shaolin masta killaBig Smokes shaolin masta killaBig Smokes shaolin masta killaBig Smokes shaolin masta killaBig Smokes shaolin masta killaBig Smokes shaolin masta killa

thugnificent why you hate slaughterhouse so much dude
Big Smokes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 03:45 PM   #5
THUGNIFICENT
Eff Grandad

THUGNIFICENT five deadly venomsTHUGNIFICENT five deadly venomsTHUGNIFICENT five deadly venomsTHUGNIFICENT five deadly venomsTHUGNIFICENT five deadly venomsTHUGNIFICENT five deadly venomsTHUGNIFICENT five deadly venomsTHUGNIFICENT five deadly venomsTHUGNIFICENT five deadly venoms

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Smokes View Post
thugnificent why you hate slaughterhouse so much dude
i dont hate them. i want them to make dope shit. and they have

but their ratio of trash to listenable songs is terrible.

they dont really have any musicality or identity... i mean, who are slaughterhouse? what is their style? they're just four niggas who rap. the only one in that group with a unique identity is buddens, and we all know how much of a herb he is.

to make things worse they always run around talking abotu they're the greatest group around and shit. interviews, songs, etc., they always talking about how amazing and super-lyrical and game changing they are...

but in actuality they're four dudes who make mediocre hip-hop. their music is lifeless.

and, to reiterate, both hammer dance and its el-p remix (this is coming from a well-documented el-p sycophant.) are trash. the slaughterhouse lp will be trash too, just like the first one.
Old 07-17-2012, 03:52 PM   #6
Big Smokes
Livin It Up

Big Smokes shaolin masta killaBig Smokes shaolin masta killaBig Smokes shaolin masta killaBig Smokes shaolin masta killaBig Smokes shaolin masta killaBig Smokes shaolin masta killaBig Smokes shaolin masta killaBig Smokes shaolin masta killa

so you dont like royce music?
Old 07-17-2012, 04:08 PM   #7
THUGNIFICENT
Eff Grandad

meh

death is certain
bar exam 1

other than that not really. in the past couple years he's been on a pretty steady decline. same as joell. and crooked's in eternal record purgatory
Old 07-17-2012, 04:34 PM   #8
Big Smokes
Livin It Up

what about his verse on bad meets evil?
Old 07-17-2012, 04:41 PM   #9
THUGNIFICENT
Eff Grandad

13 years ago
Old 07-17-2012, 04:44 PM   #10
Big Smokes
Livin It Up

no the album he put out with em not the song smh
Old 07-17-2012, 04:46 PM   #11
THUGNIFICENT
Eff Grandad

you should have pluralized "verse."

his 16s were almost unanimously weak on that bad meets evil shit. he could hardly keep up with late-career scream-flow eminem. i havent listened to that thing since it dropped last year, though.
Old 07-17-2012, 04:47 PM   #12
main_man
BANNED FOR LIFE!

main_man Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)main_man Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)main_man Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)main_man Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)main_man Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)main_man Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)main_man Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)main_man Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)main_man Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)main_man Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)main_man Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

yeah, im a el-p fan and even producto cant help this dead-in-the-water song.

royce is as versatile an mc as you can get. he needs to do a callabo album with a dope producer.

and ortiz is talented as hell.

is just when all 4 of them get together, they make incoherent bullshit. especially all the shit i've been hearing off this new shady album.
if its gonna sound like the shit they've been putting out its gonna make their first album feel like a underground classic.

https://soundcloud.com/gptent/tito-lo-blak-hell
main_man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 05:24 PM   #13
claaa7
Killer Bob

claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Quote:
Originally Posted by THUGNIFICENT View Post
meh

death is certain
bar exam 1

other than that not really. in the past couple years he's been on a pretty steady decline. same as joell. and crooked's in eternal record purgatory
co-sign, ive been a Royce fan since i first heard the "Boom" 12" and i immediatly bought "Rock City".. it had its joints, but then "Death is Certain" came and that's a really good album... 2007 with "Bar Exam" blew me away, fucking LOVE that tape!!! but since then it went downhill imo, "Street Hop" had some amazing joints... i would say it had a 30/70 ratio (meaning 60-70% of it were wack).

the Bad Meets Evil verses might have been good from both him and Em, but the beats? COME ON!!!

i'm a fan of Joell Ortiz to a certain degree, i loved "Brick Bodega Chronicles", and some joints i've heard since has been amazing like "Project Boy", "Oh!", "Sing Like Bilal" and a few more. but Slaughterhouse as a group, naaaah... i bope hey suprise me, and that "Welcome to Our House" is an incredible project, i would be the first to admit it's amazing.

"Bar Exam" and "Brick Bodega Chronicles" is the best releases this four man crew has released by faaaar imo. they had a few good posse cut though, i really liked the song they had on "Street Hop" and there's prolly some more.

daily updates: news, articles, reviews, the best compilations on the net. that true skool street hop!

r.i.p. Johan D, Kaddu, Ricke a.k.a. "Slick Rick" and the rest of the fallen soldiers - you'll never be forgotten!
claaa7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 05:36 PM   #14
THUGNIFICENT
Eff Grandad

Quote:
Originally Posted by claaa7 View Post
co-sign, ive been a Royce fan since i first heard the "Boom" 12" and i immediatly bought "Rock City".. it had its joints, but then "Death is Certain" came and that's a really good album... 2007 with "Bar Exam" blew me away, fucking LOVE that tape!!! but since then it went downhill imo, "Street Hop" had some amazing joints... i would say it had a 30/70 ratio (meaning 60-70% of it were wack).
that's the thing with royce, he obviously has the ability to be a great emcee - as in next level, god tier type emcee - but never seems to deliver on his potential. he can write verses and also concepts (like "part of me" from street hop, first one that comes to mind), and has ghostwritten some successful songs, but he's never been able to put the peices together. this is one of the reasons i'm so hard on SH -- it's frustrating watching these guys' careers as a fan of hip-hop.

Quote:
"Bar Exam" and "Brick Bodega Chronicles" is the best releases this four man crew has released by faaaar imo. they had a few good posse cut though, i really liked the song they had on "Street Hop" and there's prolly some more.
this is the only song by slaughterhouse that REALLY works for me. if they could come at this level consistently i'd be the biggest slaughterhouse fan out there.

(also, if you like bodega chronicles you might as well check out free agent. some good stuff on there. also joell ortiz covers the classic -- joell's bar exam, essentially.)
Old 07-19-2012, 06:45 PM   #15
Reiko
King Of The Jungle!

Reiko Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Reiko Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Reiko Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Reiko Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Reiko Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Reiko Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Reiko Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Reiko Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Reiko Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Reiko Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Reiko Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

not feelin slaughterhouse lately... joell has to bring back that brick shit !!
Reiko is offline   Reply With Quote