news
wu-tang clan
bio's
media
store
blogs
forum
contact

Go Back   Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan > The Elements > Hip-Hop Shop

Old 07-18-2012, 03:26 PM   #31
TheFunkyDrummer
Veteran Member

TheFunkyDrummer fist of furyTheFunkyDrummer fist of furyTheFunkyDrummer fist of furyTheFunkyDrummer fist of furyTheFunkyDrummer fist of furyTheFunkyDrummer fist of furyTheFunkyDrummer fist of furyTheFunkyDrummer fist of furyTheFunkyDrummer fist of furyTheFunkyDrummer fist of furyTheFunkyDrummer fist of fury

Big L? Seriously..he's overrated when it comes to punchlines and his subject matter was always poor. Nothing against the dude, he had some interesting concepts and he had ill punchlines but overall lyrically? No.

Masters of the Universe by Binary Star, The Best Part by J-Live and Blazing Arrow by Blackalicious are up there.
Old 07-18-2012, 04:16 PM   #32
$inista
TRIBU MILITIA

$inista Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)$inista Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)$inista Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)$inista Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)$inista Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)$inista Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)$inista Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)$inista Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)$inista Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)$inista Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)$inista Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Quote:
Originally Posted by THE MASON View Post

the Roots dropped some superior lyrics in the 90s and never feel off, i might have to give the nod to Black Thought, cause he simply gets better each album

everything else has been mentioned and/or forgotten because from 90-2000s there was an overwhelming amount of material to call "top lyrical album"
werd I always thought black thought was underrated it's almost like he's not considered a rapper cause the roots is a band but he can rip a mic apart

Quote:
Originally Posted by THE GENIUS View Post
Big L? Seriously..he's overrated when it comes to punchlines and his subject matter was always poor. Nothing against the dude, he had some interesting concepts and he had ill punchlines but overall lyrically? No.
i can see what you saying because you don't care for the dude he's not lyrical you sounding crazy right now

surprise no one mention MOBB DEEP

$inista is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 04:36 PM   #33
theheavens
Banned

theheavens Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)theheavens Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)theheavens Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)theheavens Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)theheavens Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)theheavens Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)theheavens Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)theheavens Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)theheavens Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)theheavens Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)theheavens Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Illmatic is a strong contender, but Big Pun's debut is a lyrical feast as well. he had the biggest vocabulary of any MC. Biggie was a dope lyricist, but the biggest words he used were "and" and "the." Pun was on a whole new level. in his Legacy documentary, they said he read the entire dictionary
theheavens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 04:45 PM   #34
TheFunkyDrummer
Veteran Member

TheFunkyDrummer fist of furyTheFunkyDrummer fist of furyTheFunkyDrummer fist of furyTheFunkyDrummer fist of furyTheFunkyDrummer fist of furyTheFunkyDrummer fist of furyTheFunkyDrummer fist of furyTheFunkyDrummer fist of furyTheFunkyDrummer fist of furyTheFunkyDrummer fist of furyTheFunkyDrummer fist of fury

Quote:
Originally Posted by $inista View Post
werd I always thought black thought was underrated it's almost like he's not considered a rapper cause the roots is a band but he can rip a mic apart

i can see what you saying because you don't care for the dude he's not lyrical you sounding crazy right now

surprise no one mention MOBB DEEP
I was asking about lyrics, if I wasn't I would be naming albums like 3 Feet High And Rising, The Low End Theory and Aquemini
Old 07-18-2012, 06:14 PM   #35
CEITEDMOFO
DuncanHine Monument Cakes

CEITEDMOFO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)CEITEDMOFO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)CEITEDMOFO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)CEITEDMOFO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)CEITEDMOFO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)CEITEDMOFO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)CEITEDMOFO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)CEITEDMOFO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)CEITEDMOFO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)CEITEDMOFO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)CEITEDMOFO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Quote:
Originally Posted by THE GENIUS View Post

Masters of the Universe by Binary Star, The Best Part by J-Live and Blazing Arrow by Blackalicious are up there.
DID THIS NERDBOMBER SAY WACKALICIOUS, J LIVE. AND BINARY STAR IS BETTER THAN BIG L? ROFLMAO

J LIVE IS COOL, BUT IM PRETTY SURE HIM AND PUSSY ASS BINARY STAR AND WACKILICOUS ALL KNO BIG L SHITS ON THEm

REAP HIP HOP>> NERD HoP

Last edited by CEITEDMOFO; 07-18-2012 at 06:20 PM.
CEITEDMOFO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 08:20 PM   #36
THE MASON
Winter is Coming

THE MASON King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)THE MASON King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)THE MASON King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)THE MASON King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)THE MASON King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)THE MASON King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)THE MASON King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)THE MASON King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)THE MASON King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)THE MASON King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)THE MASON King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)

in the last few years, id have to say Reks is one of the illest lyricists and rhymers in general, dude spits some ill bars. dude deserves more props

grey hairs shows that but R.E.K.S is def one of my favourite joints in a long time

Last edited by THE MASON; 07-18-2012 at 08:23 PM.
THE MASON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 08:47 PM   #37
KATO
Hidden Warrior

KATO shaolin masta killaKATO shaolin masta killaKATO shaolin masta killaKATO shaolin masta killaKATO shaolin masta killaKATO shaolin masta killaKATO shaolin masta killa

Those may define lyricism differently than others, but this should get a mention hands down. This shit was and still is fire. I can't remember a lot of the time when I first heard an album from an artist that got me interested, but I know EXACTLY when and where I was when I first heard Death Certificate

Cube's delivery and charisma is untouchable, I know he's at a different stage of his career right now, but back then I'd consider him heavyweight champ as a solo artists during this time.

^ It's hard to argue with a catalog of this caliber.
Old 07-19-2012, 10:02 AM   #38
laolu
Old Head, Young Shoulders

laolu drunken mastalaolu drunken mastalaolu drunken masta

Old 07-19-2012, 10:48 AM   #39
Socrates92
PRODIGAL SUN

Socrates92 drunken mastaSocrates92 drunken mastaSocrates92 drunken masta

Don Killuminati's another fav of mine.
Socrates92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 10:58 AM   #40
TheFunkyDrummer
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by laolu View Post
His best album and it's a great one
Old 07-19-2012, 11:59 AM   #41
Yuki
fat for the 90's

Yuki grasshopper

^ mic club is another great canibus album imo
Yuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 09:52 PM   #42
noel411
The ABBOTT

noel411 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)noel411 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)noel411 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)noel411 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)noel411 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)noel411 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)noel411 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)noel411 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)noel411 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)noel411 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)noel411 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Killah Priest - Heavy Mental
Cryptic One - The Anti-Mobius Strip Theory
Old 07-19-2012, 10:41 PM   #43
tekunique
SupaSelekta

tekunique Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)tekunique Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)tekunique Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)tekunique Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)tekunique Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)tekunique Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)tekunique Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)tekunique Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)tekunique Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)tekunique Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)tekunique Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Biggie - Life After Death
Eminem - Marshall Mathers LP
GZA - Liquid Swords
Wu-Tang Clan - Forever
Nas - It Was Written
Old 07-19-2012, 10:51 PM   #44
daffy duck
Veteran Member

daffy duck prodigal sondaffy duck prodigal sondaffy duck prodigal sondaffy duck prodigal sondaffy duck prodigal sondaffy duck prodigal son

daffy duck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 11:25 AM   #45
hotnikks
PRODIGAL SUN

hotnikks crouching tigerhotnikks crouching tiger

Masta Ace - A Long Hot Summer

dont sleep !