news
wu-tang clan
bio's
media
store
blogs
forum
contact

Go Back   Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan > The Elements > Box Office Hideout

Old 08-02-2012, 05:47 AM   #1
claaa7
Killer Bob

claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)
Default Any David Lynch fans in the house?

Lynch is the master of surrealism and has done some of the greatest movies i've had the pleasure of viewing. i was first introduced into his world via the "Twin Peaks" series, which i really liked besides the latter half of season 2 (it picked up for the great series ender though - which of course Lynch directed).

in my DVD collection i got all his movies besides "Straight Story", "Dune" and "Eraserhead" but i'm planning to get them. the only one i don't like is "Dune" which was just bad, but i want it to fill out the collection. i also need the "Twin Peaks" box set, i only got the film.

"Twin Peaks: Fire Walk With Me", "Lost Highway" and "Mulholand Drive" would be my top 3 favorites.

daily updates: news, articles, reviews, the best compilations on the net. that true skool street hop!

r.i.p. Johan D, Kaddu, Ricke a.k.a. "Slick Rick" and the rest of the fallen soldiers - you'll never be forgotten!
claaa7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 09:06 AM   #2
oDoUoSoKo
frieza saga

oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)
Send a message via AIM to oDoUoSoKo

Eraserhead changed my life
oDoUoSoKo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 09:58 AM   #3
REANIMATED
Veteran Member

REANIMATED five deadly venomsREANIMATED five deadly venomsREANIMATED five deadly venomsREANIMATED five deadly venomsREANIMATED five deadly venomsREANIMATED five deadly venomsREANIMATED five deadly venomsREANIMATED five deadly venomsREANIMATED five deadly venoms

i want david lynch to get another big budget flick...

tim burton gets big budget after big budget and all his shit SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BLUE VELVET is a masterpiece....

dennis hopper >>> most bad guys

david lynch works in a dream world... he can build a dream sequence and have you follow along as if you were sleeping

twin peaks was one of the best things to hit network TV im sure theyll try and reboot it when lynch is dead

first half or so of lost highway is real creepy thats one of his sleeper joints
REANIMATED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 06:57 PM   #4
tekunique
SupaSelekta

tekunique Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)tekunique Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)tekunique Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)tekunique Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)tekunique Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)tekunique Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)tekunique Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)tekunique Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)tekunique Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)tekunique Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)tekunique Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

still a Lynch n00b here but after the first film i watched of his [Lost Highway] i was completely blown away. matta fact, what would you recommend me watch next ? im hyped that theres so much for me to catch up on. peace, and repped.
Old 08-03-2012, 07:07 PM   #5
KATO
Hidden Warrior

KATO shaolin masta killaKATO shaolin masta killaKATO shaolin masta killaKATO shaolin masta killaKATO shaolin masta killaKATO shaolin masta killaKATO shaolin masta killa

dude has some fucked up hair, I'll say that much
Old 08-03-2012, 08:19 PM   #6
check two
N.I.

check two Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)check two Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)check two Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)check two Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)check two Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)check two Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)check two Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)check two Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)check two Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)check two Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)check two Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

check two is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 08:57 PM   #7
ShaDynasty
Balance at all costs

ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)
Send a message via MSN to ShaDynasty

a highly impressive director. twin peaks annoyed the fuck out of me though becuase they play the same bit of music a gazillion times. it pretty much ruined it for me.
ShaDynasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 10:51 AM   #8
Longbongcilvaringz

Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Really enjoy everything of his. I haven't seen the series of Twin Peaks or The Straight Story, but i have most of his other stuff. Blue Velvet and Mulholland Drive are probably my favourites, but Lost Highway, Wild At Heart and Fire Walk With Me are also great. I like Elephant Man also although it's a bit of a deviation in style from his other movies.

Inland Empire is a long haul but it's as rich as his other films. He seems to have great integrity and basically only makes stuff that he is passionate about, which is refreshing.

Is The Straight Story any good?

Longbongcilvaringz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 04:17 PM   #9
Fresh
the most wanted

Fresh drunken mastaFresh drunken masta
Send a message via MSN to Fresh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canibusfan420 View Post
Is The Straight Story any good?
yes

straight drama, not like his other films
Old 08-05-2012, 07:06 PM   #10
Dr. Simon Hurt
Madrigal Elektromotoren

Location: my own private domicile, and I will not be harassed...bitch!
Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

yeah, straight story is good, it's probably the most mundane and grounded thing he's ever made.

blue velvet and mulholland drive are classics.
Dr. Simon Hurt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 10:16 AM   #11
Ghost In The 'Lac
crushed out heavenly

Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Probably no one has seen this. If not- You know the drill.

Old 08-10-2012, 12:46 PM   #12
RADIOACTIVE MAN
Alphomega man

RADIOACTIVE MAN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)RADIOACTIVE MAN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)RADIOACTIVE MAN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)RADIOACTIVE MAN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)RADIOACTIVE MAN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)RADIOACTIVE MAN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)RADIOACTIVE MAN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)RADIOACTIVE MAN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)RADIOACTIVE MAN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)RADIOACTIVE MAN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)RADIOACTIVE MAN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

<<<<<<<<one of his biggest fans alive
RADIOACTIVE MAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 08:31 PM   #13
oDoUoSoKo
frieza saga

oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)
Send a message via AIM to oDoUoSoKo

he needs to do a ten strip of LSD and make another fucking full length

UNRELATED BUT, BEWARE:
https://soundcloud.com/frieza-saga
oDoUoSoKo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 11:56 AM   #14
claaa7
Killer Bob

claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

did y'all know that "Mulholland Drive" originally was a TV pilot? like the first 90 minutes of the feature uses the exact same footage; the pilot ended before the love scene and Club Silencio. would have loved to see in what direction the TV-series would have gone if ABC hadn't passed on it. one thing's for sure, it would have been completely different... still i love the movie so i'm not sure if i would have traded it for a long running series.

Lynch worst work to me is by far "On The Air", the TV-series he did with Mark Frost after "Twin Peaks" was canceled. anyone seen that?? Lynch directed the first episode and wrote the last too.. they are all on YT.

there's also David Lynch's "Hotel Room" which is a pretty cool mini series with three episodes all set in the same hotel room but during different time eras. the last part that starts around the 53 minute mark is terrific.. fantastic dialouge and mood. in fact it's written by Lynch and Barry Gifford, who also wrote "Wild at Heart" and "Lost Highway".

daily updates: news, articles, reviews, the best compilations on the net. that true skool street hop!

r.i.p. Johan D, Kaddu, Ricke a.k.a. "Slick Rick" and the rest of the fallen soldiers - you'll never be forgotten!
claaa7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 09:11 AM   #15
kingaaronz
PRODIGAL SUN

kingaaronz five deadly venomskingaaronz five deadly venomskingaaronz five deadly venomskingaaronz five deadly venomskingaaronz five deadly venomskingaaronz five deadly venomskingaaronz five deadly venomskingaaronz five deadly venoms

Eraserhead has been my favourite movie for over five years now. Definitely changed my life too. Never seen a nightmare portrayed more devilishly on screen before or since (save the Japanese Jigoku, but that's much less surreal).

None of his other movies come close to it's greatness, but Elephant Man and Inland Empire are his next two gems.
kingaaronz is offline   Reply With Quote