0
 

home
news
wu-tang clan
bio's
media
store
blogs
forum
contact

Go Back   Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan > The Elements > Sound Shack

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-29-2006, 05:25 PM   #1
9th Warrior
The Poet You Never Were
 
9th Warrior's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: philly
Age: 22
Posts: 1,510
Rep Power: 12
9th Warrior crouching tiger
Send a message via AIM to 9th Warrior
Default Punk/hardcore

I fuckin love punk and hardcore music.
and for all yall who asscociate that with emo shit,
FUCK EMO!
what im talkin about is straight up punk rock! no need for record executive pushin ya around, no need for mad advertisement. im talkin about raw music here. and yall wu heads on here (including me) obviously appreciate raw music. and when i say raw, im talkin about punk and hardcore that pummel a hole in ya fukin head wen u listen to it. Check the Germs, Bad Brains, early Misfits, Clash, Minor Threat, Black Flag and all that shit...and stay away from new bands like Taking Back Sunday and another new bands who claim to be punk, cuz theyre just faggots.
rock on mothafuckazzzz!!!
__________________
9th Warrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2006, 06:18 PM   #2
oDoUoSoKo
frieza saga
 
oDoUoSoKo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: CCCGTEHQ
Posts: 18,468
Rep Power: 70
oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)
Send a message via AIM to oDoUoSoKo
Default

i still dont get emo, what is that crap?
oDoUoSoKo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2006, 08:04 PM   #3
9th Warrior
The Poet You Never Were
 
9th Warrior's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: philly
Age: 22
Posts: 1,510
Rep Power: 12
9th Warrior crouching tiger
Send a message via AIM to 9th Warrior
Default

emo is people with faggoty hair and lots of eyemakeup who slit their wrists because they think no1 loves them (which is true)
and then they write songs about it and become stars for all the young MTV watchers.
pathetic.
__________________
9th Warrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2006, 10:38 PM   #4
crass
Wise to da game
 
crass's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Age: 28
Posts: 7,638
Rep Power: 23
crass crouching tiger
Default

old emo circa mid-80s to early 90s was actually wicked good hardcore. some great bands that if people heard today people would be like "wtf this isn't emo." straight up screamy hardcore. but yeah punk and hardcore is all i listen to, nonstop 24/7. got tons of good thrash and shit on my comp from all eras and countries plus tons o' vinyl.
__________________
crass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2006, 10:39 PM   #5
crass
Wise to da game
 
crass's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Age: 28
Posts: 7,638
Rep Power: 23
crass crouching tiger
Default

i'll upload some shit, but most if it is apple audio files so you'd need itunes to play most of my collection.
__________________
crass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2006, 11:01 PM   #6
Orion Nebulus
Scientifical Ninja
 
Orion Nebulus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: New York
Age: 36
Posts: 2,421
Rep Power: 14
Orion Nebulus drunken mastaOrion Nebulus drunken masta
Default

I love rock in general..not that super screaming shit. Well certain screaming is ok depending on the song. Anyway, I trully love all types of rock music.
__________________

"One arm bandit..stab companions with intricate sentences...battle crews single- handed..with cannons that blow you from here to other planets."
Orion Nebulus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2006, 11:02 PM   #7
9th Warrior
The Poet You Never Were
 
9th Warrior's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: philly
Age: 22
Posts: 1,510
Rep Power: 12
9th Warrior crouching tiger
Send a message via AIM to 9th Warrior
Default

shit man i dunt have itunes, oh well upload some shit anyways, itll be useful for somebody
__________________
9th Warrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2006, 11:21 PM   #8
crass
Wise to da game
 
crass's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Age: 28
Posts: 7,638
Rep Power: 23
crass crouching tiger
Default

you should get itunes, it makes things way easy to listen to and organize and you can play .m4a files

i'll upload some shit now. also you can listen to the radio show my friend and i do, every friday night at midnight. you can stream it at wmbr.org

Culture Shock Punk Radio. check it out if you're free from 12-2 tomorrow night, hear some new shit.
__________________
crass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2006, 11:29 PM   #9
crass
Wise to da game
 
crass's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Age: 28
Posts: 7,638
Rep Power: 23
crass crouching tiger
Default

this is a boston band, they're all like 20 or 21, and they're getting huge. this is from their upcoming LP that is going to be a classic:

Have Heart "The Machinist"
__________________
crass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2006, 05:52 AM   #10
UNCLE RUCKUS
Fearless Vampire Killer
 
UNCLE RUCKUS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: The Smallest State
Age: 71
Posts: 4,226
Rep Power: 35
UNCLE RUCKUS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)UNCLE RUCKUS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)UNCLE RUCKUS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)UNCLE RUCKUS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)UNCLE RUCKUS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)UNCLE RUCKUS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)UNCLE RUCKUS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)UNCLE RUCKUS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)UNCLE RUCKUS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)UNCLE RUCKUS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)UNCLE RUCKUS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)
Send a message via AIM to UNCLE RUCKUS
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9th Warrior
I fuckin love punk and hardcore music.
and for all yall who asscociate that with emo shit,
FUCK EMO!
what im talkin about is straight up punk rock! no need for record executive pushin ya around, no need for mad advertisement. im talkin about raw music here. and yall wu heads on here (including me) obviously appreciate raw music. and when i say raw, im talkin about punk and hardcore that pummel a hole in ya fukin head wen u listen to it. Check the Germs, Bad Brains, early Misfits, Clash, Minor Threat, Black Flag and all that shit...and stay away from new bands like Taking Back Sunday and another new bands who claim to be punk, cuz theyre just faggots.
rock on mothafuckazzzz!!!
Im not up on new shit but youre on track with Minor Threat Clash and the Bad Brains...Id say also Manisthebastard, Defiance, The Casualties (For the Punx album only), The Partisans, Fugazi, Husker Du, The Wipers, Rites Of Spring, Discharge, Distraught, The Pist (excellent CT/HC punx), Samhain, State Of Fear, DOOM, and Dead Kennedys
UNCLE RUCKUS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2006, 07:48 AM   #11
crass
Wise to da game
 
crass's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Age: 28
Posts: 7,638
Rep Power: 23
crass crouching tiger
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwu
Im not up on new shit but youre on track with Minor Threat Clash and the Bad Brains...Id say also Manisthebastard, Defiance, The Casualties (For the Punx album only), The Partisans, Fugazi, Husker Du, The Wipers, Rites Of Spring, Discharge, Distraught, The Pist (excellent CT/HC punx), Samhain, State Of Fear, DOOM, and Dead Kennedys

right on! Rites of Spring is great, DOOM fucking rules (along with bands like Destroy and Disrupt), DK is classic, and SAMHAIN is probably my fav of all listed.
__________________
crass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2006, 08:41 AM   #12
9th Warrior
The Poet You Never Were
 
9th Warrior's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: philly
Age: 22
Posts: 1,510
Rep Power: 12
9th Warrior crouching tiger
Send a message via AIM to 9th Warrior
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by crass
this is a boston band, they're all like 20 or 21, and they're getting huge. this is from their upcoming LP that is going to be a classic:

Have Heart "The Machinist"
yo i dl'd itunes, this song is fuckin raw. does this band have a website or sometin i could check?
props crass, if there was rep, id give u it
__________________
9th Warrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2006, 08:46 AM   #13
Fr@z
Who's The Dado?
 
Fr@z's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Glasgow,Scotland
Age: 26
Posts: 1,911
Rep Power: 14
Fr@z shaolin monk
Send a message via Yahoo to Fr@z
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orion Nebulus
I love rock in general..not that super screaming shit. Well certain screaming is ok depending on the song. Anyway, I trully love all types of rock music.
co-sign

Why hasnt anyone mentioned The Ramones yet?
__________________
Fr@z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2006, 08:49 AM   #14
crass
Wise to da game
 
crass's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Age: 28
Posts: 7,638
Rep Power: 23
crass crouching tiger
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9th Warrior
yo i dl'd itunes, this song is fuckin raw. does this band have a website or sometin i could check?
props crass, if there was rep, id give u it
awewsome, glad you dug it! im at work right now so i cna't upload anything but i'll upload some more good shit this weekend. they don't have a website but i think their myspace is www.myspace.com/haveheart

also see if you can check out my radio show tonight (it's archived so you can listen to it at any time) wmbr.org 12-2am
__________________
crass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2006, 09:38 AM   #15
Frontal Lobotomy
Bonesetter
 
Frontal Lobotomy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Age: 30
Posts: 2,284
Rep Power: 13
Frontal Lobotomy grasshopper
Default

Gotta love that punk rock. The Ramones, and Misfits are no doubt my favourite bands
__________________

Chicks dig giant robots
Frontal Lobotomy is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:14 PM.


Copyright 2000 - 2013 The Wu-Tang Corp. & shift-one