news
wu-tang clan
bio's
media
store
blogs
forum
contact

Go Back   Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan > The Elements > Wu-Tang Chamber

Old 08-24-2012, 07:24 AM   #1
Damon
The DZA

Damon crouching tigerDamon crouching tiger
Default Say Hello to Mr. Greico

Quote:
So basically they are acting out this drug deal and all these people are mentioned. In the skit it’s a drug deal gone bad. He asks me, “Do you know Don Rodriguez from the Bronx? Your man Don is down at the precinct singing like a fucking soprano!” and when he said that he grabbed me by the throat and was screaming it at me! And I was like “Do you believe him?” [choked voice]. We were all just ad-libbing. It was a little scary at the time because I was surrounded by all these guys—Killah Priest, Masta Killa—and I didn’t know them too well. Masta Killa had a reputation for beating people up at the time, especially journalists. There was a friend of mine who had written an article on Wu Tang in Rap Pages and Masta Killa didn’t like the drawing that went along with it. So the next time he saw him, he kind of punched him out. I’m in the middle of all these guys and RZA’s grabbing me by the throat!

Half the people you don’t know who they are. You know the main people, but then who are all these other people? People are smoking blunts, smoking dust. People have weapons out, long sharp knives, big scissors that you cut bushes with. It was just crazy. But it was totally interesting. Being a fly on the wall in a situation like that is amazing because now you realize some twenty years later these were all classic albums being made and I was right there. I wish I had a video camera, I could have gotten some really cool stuff, but I’ll always remember that time. I mean, RZA grabbing me by the throat…
http://www.getondown.com/blog/2012/0...-to-mr-greico/

Damon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 07:36 AM   #2
Discourse

Discourse crouching tigerDiscourse crouching tiger

Awesome trivia stuff. Thanks for posting!

RAP SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!
Discourse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 09:14 AM   #3
immaculate

8 fist of fury8 fist of fury8 fist of fury8 fist of fury8 fist of fury8 fist of fury8 fist of fury8 fist of fury8 fist of fury8 fist of fury8 fist of fury

Pretty fuckin' neat ay

8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 01:46 PM   #4
claaa7
Killer Bob

claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

haha that's great.. how is the linear notes for the new Get On Down release of "Liquid Swords"?? do GZA, RZA and everyone involved break down each track?

daily updates: news, articles, reviews, the best compilations on the net. that true skool street hop!

r.i.p. Johan D, Kaddu, Ricke a.k.a. "Slick Rick" and the rest of the fallen soldiers - you'll never be forgotten!
claaa7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 06:15 PM   #5
KERZO
☀☀☀☀☀☀☀☀☀☀

KERZO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)KERZO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)KERZO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)KERZO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)KERZO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)KERZO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)KERZO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)KERZO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)KERZO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)KERZO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)KERZO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Dope

KERZO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 07:25 PM   #6
phadde96
BETTE MIDLER

phadde96 grasshopper

I remember this, he wrote an article where he mentioned it at the time, in the source? Anyone remember?
phadde96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 10:07 PM   #7
Punch
Veteran Member

Punch prodigal sonPunch prodigal sonPunch prodigal sonPunch prodigal sonPunch prodigal sonPunch prodigal son

phadde96 Yeah I remember that.

Punch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 11:10 PM   #8
josborne3680
Peace CT

josborne3680 iron monkeyjosborne3680 iron monkeyjosborne3680 iron monkey

Sick find. This lucky bastard got onto 2 classic Wu albums. Thanx and peace
josborne3680 is offline   Reply With Quote