news
wu-tang clan
bio's
media
store
blogs
forum
contact

Go Back   Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan > The Elements > Know The Ledge

Old 08-27-2012, 10:12 PM   #46
BrokenWrists
PRODIGAL SUN

BrokenWrists iron monkeyBrokenWrists iron monkeyBrokenWrists iron monkeyBrokenWrists iron monkey

The right side of the brain processes emotion, the left side categorizes them. The center of the brain controls them. Its up to the person to show them or recognize them at all.
BrokenWrists is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 11:29 PM   #47
Face of the Golden Falcon
...born of a future war

Face of the Golden Falcon five deadly venomsFace of the Golden Falcon five deadly venomsFace of the Golden Falcon five deadly venomsFace of the Golden Falcon five deadly venomsFace of the Golden Falcon five deadly venomsFace of the Golden Falcon five deadly venomsFace of the Golden Falcon five deadly venomsFace of the Golden Falcon five deadly venomsFace of the Golden Falcon five deadly venoms
Send a message via MSN to Face of the Golden Falcon

An emotion and a feeling are one and the same thing like Pac said. In fact if you were going to be picky you could say emotion comes before feeling because as "feeling" suggests it is the process of feeling the emotion.

Emotion itself is the movement of energy.

Etymology gives the answer:

emotion 1570s, "a (social) moving, stirring, agitation," from M.Fr. émotion (16c.), from O.Fr. emouvoir "stir up" (12c.), from L. emovere "move out, remove, agitate," from ex- "out" (see ex-) + movere "to move" (see move).
At it's basis emotion is the creative or driving force underlying creation as there are 2 aspects in all of the manifested universe.

Consciousness and Energy.

Energy is the Feminine/passive aspect.
Consciousness is the Masculine/directing aspect.

Energy in response to the directing consciousness (Will) is moved into action which we call emotion.

When energy fails to receive direction from Consciousness/Will it becomes susceptible to external regulating and/or manipulating processes. Regulating in the form of processes put in place by the Supreme Intelligence called cycles which use sounds, colors, shapes, numbers, smells etc. Manipulating in the form of those with knowledge of how to use sounds, colors, shapes, numbers, smells etc. to move the masses into actions they desire from us.

Req Em Ab

Face of the Golden Falcon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 11:53 PM   #48
Uncle Steezo
Gen Chat Bully

Uncle Steezo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Uncle Steezo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Uncle Steezo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Uncle Steezo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Uncle Steezo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Uncle Steezo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Uncle Steezo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Uncle Steezo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Uncle Steezo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Uncle Steezo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Uncle Steezo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Falcon is on point.might be too much for the uninitiated...idk

my understanding is that emotion is the frequency/vibration that consciousness is expressed in. there are only two states that consciousness can express fear and love. all emotions are variations of these two vibrations.

we experience these vibrations in the physical realm on two levels:
1st- we mentally experience emotion and we call that "feeling" ie i feel happy, i feel sad, i feel angry..

2nd- we physically experience emotion via chemical reactions produced by the brain ie cry, laugh, elevated heart rate..
Uncle Steezo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 04:11 AM   #49
D.projectile

D.projectile iron monkeyD.projectile iron monkeyD.projectile iron monkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by THE W View Post
some examples would be love, anger, sadness, joy.

where does desire come from?
separation?
D.projectile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 04:15 AM   #50
hashashin
Be Seeing You

hashashin Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)hashashin Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)hashashin Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)hashashin Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)hashashin Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)hashashin Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)hashashin Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)hashashin Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)hashashin Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)hashashin Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)hashashin Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Feelings & emotions are 2 different things imo. Emotions are the display of a feeling that we show externally. Sometimes it can be be an expression of how we feel inside but emotions can be either genuine or faked/contrived for whatever reason, feelings cant. A baby is capable of displaying emotion but it doesn't have the language skills or life experience to understand true feelings, certain meds can blunt your emotions but doesn't necessarily change how someone feels inside
hashashin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 06:02 AM   #51
Uncle Steezo
Gen Chat Bully

Uncle Steezo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Uncle Steezo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Uncle Steezo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Uncle Steezo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Uncle Steezo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Uncle Steezo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Uncle Steezo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Uncle Steezo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Uncle Steezo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Uncle Steezo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Uncle Steezo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hashashin View Post
Feelings & emotions are 2 different things imo. Emotions are the display of a feeling that we show externally. Sometimes it can be be an expression of how we feel inside but emotions can be either genuine or faked/contrived for whatever reason, feelings cant. A baby is capable of displaying emotion but it doesn't have the language skills or life experience to understand true feelings, certain meds can blunt your emotions but doesn't necessarily change how someone feels inside
can you be angry without showing the emotion? if yes, then emotion is NOT external. a faked emotion is not an emotion at all. fake emotions don't really have relevance in the context of this discussion

"feelings" by definition of the word, is a passive experience. I "feel" is a reaction to a stimulus. the statement "i feel cold" is not actually the state of being cold ( i realize hot/cold are subjective), its the expression of the sensation of 'coldness'.

an emotion could actually make you feel something contrary. for example i feel angry because someones mean comment made me sad. sadness (the emotion) cause me to experience(the feeling) the emotion of anger.

"they hurt my feelings". this could lead to any number of emotions. but the only way to know if your feelings are hurt is if you experience an emotion from the stimulus.
conversely one who is in control of his emotions cannot get his feelings hurt because there is no emotion to "feel".

the shit is cyclical but not the same.
Old 08-28-2012, 06:15 AM   #52
Uncle Steezo
Gen Chat Bully

it also has to do with what frequencies you are attuned to.
for ex:
i can call you a "poo poo head dummy" and it doesnt phase you at all. just words right?
i could call your child, who you love dearly, "a worthless piece of shit" and you rage out. still just words, but i touched a nerve. why? what is the difference?

its the vibration/frequencsy that your consciousness is tuned to. my words are physical manifestations of thought. thought is a vibration. my vibration/thought/words can interfere/disrupt your consciousness frequency. this interference produces a change in energy(what is in part what falcon was getting at) change=movement=emotion

some mediation is an exercise of finding inner peace and absence of all emotion. it can be an exercise of finding balance. balance=no movement=no emotion.
Old 08-28-2012, 05:40 PM   #53
THE W
ISRAELITE

THE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venoms

good build fellas,

continue
The wrath of God is being revealed from heaven against all the godlessness and wickedness of men who suppress the truth by their wickedness, since what may be known about God is plain to them, because God has made it plain to them. For since the creation of the world God’s invisible qualities—his eternal power and divine nature—have been clearly seen, being understood from what has been made, so that men are without excuse. (Romans 1:18-20)
THE W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 10:03 AM   #54
John Nash
supreme maths GOD degree

Location: I don't live with my mum, my mum lives with me, biatch
John Nash prodigal sonJohn Nash prodigal sonJohn Nash prodigal sonJohn Nash prodigal sonJohn Nash prodigal sonJohn Nash prodigal son

Quote:
Originally Posted by THE W View Post
so you believe the brain creates emotions? can you substantiate this?
i dont know if youd say the brain 'creates' emotions. more like the brain experiences them. its a type of experience. a mental experience.

its like how seeing something is a visual experience. well emotions is a type of experience only its not seeing something its feeling something on a personal level.
at least you fuckin an animal you are giving it pleasure instead of giving it pain.....better karma for you......
Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlesJones View Post
No i'm not a idiot. If i was a idiot, i'd be a criminal. There's nothing wrong with admitting you're afraid of something.
John Nash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 11:13 AM   #55
Uncle Steezo
Gen Chat Bully

well technically, "seeing" something is a three tiered process.
1 the collection of photons by the eyes and the subsequent signals sent to the brain based on color/lightfrequency, intensity, etc.

2. the processing of that raw data into an image which solely exists in the mind of the observer.

3. this image is then presented to the mind of the observer. where the observer interprets the image into meaning.

so we could say that the act of seeing is an experience of the mind/spirit, provided by the body (eyes & brain).

in the case of emotion, we could say that emotion is an experience of the mind/spirit, provided by body (the brain).
Old 08-29-2012, 11:20 AM   #56
John Nash
supreme maths GOD degree

Location: I don't live with my mum, my mum lives with me, biatch
John Nash prodigal sonJohn Nash prodigal sonJohn Nash prodigal sonJohn Nash prodigal sonJohn Nash prodigal sonJohn Nash prodigal son

Quote:
Originally Posted by STYLE View Post
well technically, "seeing" something is a three tiered process.
1 the collection of photons by the eyes and the subsequent signals sent to the brain based on color/lightfrequency, intensity, etc.

2. the processing of that raw data into an image which solely exists in the mind of the observer.

3. this image is then presented to the mind of the observer. where the observer interprets the image into meaning.

so we could say that the act of seeing is an experience of the mind/spirit, provided by the body (eyes & brain).

in the case of emotion, we could say that emotion is an experience of the mind/spirit, provided by body (the brain).
same thing can b said about emotions.

1. something in the physical world triggers our brain to make us feel an emotion. eg someone calling ur gf would make u angry.

2. the brain then processes this something in the physical world into a type of emotion.

3. the image is presented to the mind of the observer.

i also believe this mind to b part of the physical world. i dont believe it belongs in a spiritual world or other world.
at least you fuckin an animal you are giving it pleasure instead of giving it pain.....better karma for you......
Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlesJones View Post
No i'm not a idiot. If i was a idiot, i'd be a criminal. There's nothing wrong with admitting you're afraid of something.
John Nash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 07:35 AM   #57
Uncle Steezo
Gen Chat Bully

where is the mind? its my understanding that the mind is a construct but doesn't actually exist in the physical sense of the word exist.

the construct is made of the data collected processed and interpreted by the individual. the mind is the operating system the brain is the computer and the spirit is the user.
Old 08-30-2012, 07:45 AM   #58
Uncle Steezo
Gen Chat Bully

Quote:
Originally Posted by rakimkoolgrapwutang View Post
same thing can b said about emotions.

1. something in the physical world triggers our brain to make us feel an emotion. eg someone calling ur gf would make u angry.

2. the brain then processes this something in the physical world into a type of emotion.

3. the image is presented to the mind of the observer.

1. our brain makes us feel an emotion- what is doing the FEELING of the emotion? this statement suggests that the brain and the person are two separate entities.

2. the brain processes this something into an emotion- if the brain has already created the emotion and gave it to us to feel then how does it then process the "something" into an emotion. this doesnt make sense at all. the cart is before the horse. do we have to categorize emotion before we can acknowledge it? most times emotion is not even a cognitive process. when you are sad you dont say to yourself "wow i'm really sad" you are already in the midst of sadness.

3. the image is presented to the mind- what image? and what does the mind do with this image when it is presented with it? if we have felt the emotion, and the brain has processed and created the emotion (according to you, in that order) where does this image come into play?
Old 08-30-2012, 09:13 AM   #59
THE W
ISRAELITE

THE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venoms

i see emotion as a force outside of our reality that has an effect on our reality. emotions cant be measured or observed. only our reactions to them can be measured and observed.

how much does our flesh and bone have to do with who we are?
The wrath of God is being revealed from heaven against all the godlessness and wickedness of men who suppress the truth by their wickedness, since what may be known about God is plain to them, because God has made it plain to them. For since the creation of the world God’s invisible qualities—his eternal power and divine nature—have been clearly seen, being understood from what has been made, so that men are without excuse. (Romans 1:18-20)

Last edited by THE W; 08-31-2012 at 06:04 PM.
THE W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 01:29 PM   #60
Uncle Steezo
Gen Chat Bully

flesh has nothing to do with who we are in a larger sense. our experiences in the physical realm ultimately are feed back to the universe so in that sense they have an effect on the universal consciousness which in tun is fed back to the individual reality.