news
wu-tang clan
bio's
media
store
blogs
forum
contact

Go Back   Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan > The Elements > Know The Ledge

Old 08-31-2012, 09:36 AM   #1
Urban_Journalz
HANIF

Urban_Journalz prodigal sonUrban_Journalz prodigal sonUrban_Journalz prodigal sonUrban_Journalz prodigal sonUrban_Journalz prodigal sonUrban_Journalz prodigal son
Default T'ai Chi & QiGong

Internally and externally speaking, Gong Fu is indeed an inexhaustable well of spiritual knowing.

Those of you who study or practice either one of the above mentioned disciplines, I have a question.

What would you tell someone if they were trying to find out why these disciplines are so widely written about, revered and meditated upon?

What have YOU gained from them?

The statement, "The Shaolin and The Wu-Tang could be dangerous." only means, "The external and internal martial arts, once combined, could be dangerous." Why is this so?

We all know that the external arts are deadly, but what specifically makes the internal arts even deadlier?

In my own personal pursuit of many styles, I find the internal arts to be most beautiful. Simply because they've given me a much richer understanding of many other fields of study. For example, studying QiGong, I completely understand Dr. Jose Arguelles' guidelines for evolution. Etc.

I would like to read your personal insights, not something you just snatched off of some website somewhere. Even if you did go to a website, reply with your own voice. Your own understanding and intuition.
Old 08-31-2012, 01:24 PM   #2
Uncle Steezo
Gen Chat Bully

Uncle Steezo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Uncle Steezo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Uncle Steezo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Uncle Steezo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Uncle Steezo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Uncle Steezo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Uncle Steezo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Uncle Steezo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Uncle Steezo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Uncle Steezo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Uncle Steezo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

i do QiGong every day when i wake. gets me energized for the day and over time it has increased my overall health and clarity of mind. i just feel good.

i also do it when i need to clear my mind of stress or when i need to focus. its a great tool for grounding.
Uncle Steezo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 04:49 PM   #3
Urban_Journalz
HANIF

Urban_Journalz prodigal sonUrban_Journalz prodigal sonUrban_Journalz prodigal sonUrban_Journalz prodigal sonUrban_Journalz prodigal sonUrban_Journalz prodigal son

Quote:
Originally Posted by STYLE View Post
i do QiGong every day when i wake. gets me energized for the day and over time it has increased my overall health and clarity of mind. i just feel good.

i also do it when i need to clear my mind of stress or when i need to focus. its a great tool for grounding.
What forms do you practice? I understand that the Yi Jin Jing form is the most popular form for beginners but I've heard that you can use whichever you like.

How far do you intend on taking your practice? And do you incorporate any martial arts into your practice?
Old 09-01-2012, 11:54 PM   #4
Uncle Steezo
Gen Chat Bully

Uncle Steezo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Uncle Steezo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Uncle Steezo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Uncle Steezo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Uncle Steezo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Uncle Steezo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Uncle Steezo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Uncle Steezo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Uncle Steezo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Uncle Steezo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Uncle Steezo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

i practice 8 animal forms. i start with that, then practice some capoeira as an aerobic exercise for 30 mins or so. i finish up with 50-100 pushups, 50 dips and some dumbell curls.

i hadnt planned on going any further. i might learn some new forms but what i'm doing works well with me and last time i went to a reiki/acupuncturist, she said my chi was very strong. so idk.
Old 09-02-2012, 09:18 AM   #5
Urban_Journalz
HANIF

Sick regiment I have to say.

I'm glad you mentioned acupuncture and reiki because it has a lot to do with my next question.

A lot of acupuncture clinics have popped up all over the nation, knowing the way chi works as opposed to mere pharmeceuticals, would you say that so-called, "Alternative Medicine" is posing or would pose a threat to conventional medicine in the near future??

Personally, I would love for it to do just that, but I think people are entirely too skeptical and afraid to step outside of thier routines. Coming in contact with people who do it themselves though, either in a forum or in person, may just persuade some of the masses.

Frankly, I see these methods as a great way to bring people together for the greater good, plus it's mutually beneficial.
Old 09-02-2012, 11:35 AM   #6
Uncle Steezo
Gen Chat Bully

im finding that the new movement in medicine is a combination between east and west.
Old 09-03-2012, 09:03 AM   #7
Urban_Journalz
HANIF

When you say that, would you be talking about a regiment made up of, hypothetically, the exercise programs of P-90X or Insanity, along with something like QiGong?
Old 09-06-2012, 04:33 PM   #8
Uncle Steezo
Gen Chat Bully

more like the use of crystals before and after surgery. i have even read about using sound therapy for open heart surgery. but coincidentally i have started p90x for the 2nd time a few weeks ago.
Old 09-07-2012, 04:10 PM   #9
Urban_Journalz
HANIF

I've looked into crystal therapy, it seems legit. I have Insanity but I want P-90X also because it seems more complete. They're definitely both effective though.