news
wu-tang clan
bio's
media
store
blogs
forum
contact

Go Back   Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan > The Elements > Hip-Hop Shop

Old 09-14-2012, 08:46 AM   #1
Ghost In The 'Lac
crushed out heavenly

Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)
Default Post 2000 rap game Roger Ebert (rap died 2008)

post 2000 classic shit like this, whats the best post 2000 album. Hip Hop basically died around the same time Jay Dee did. Great Albums from 2008 onwards get harder to find.

like this

Supreme Clientele
Like Water For Choc
Stankonia
The Unseen
Warriorz
The W
The Blueprint
Murderers And Robbers
The Cold Vein
The Realness
Expansion Team
Fear, Love & War
Blazing Arrow
The Fix
Dwight Spitz
Lord Willin'
Electric Circus
The Downfall of Ibliys: A Ghetto Opera
Come Home With Me
Special Herbs Volumes
The Lost Tapes
Vaudeville Villain
The Black Album
Rip the Jacker
Speakerboxxx / The Love Below
Vol.2: Vintage
Champion Sound
Diplomatic Immunity
Escape From Monsta Island
Madvillainy
The College Dropout
Mm.. Food
No Said Date
Bulletproof Wallets
Purple Haze
A Job Ain't Nuthin But Work
Late Registration
Beauty and the Beat
The Mouse and the Mask
Arular
The Further Adventures of Lord Quas
Hell's Winter
Tha Carter II
Donuts
Hell Hath No Fury
Below the Heavens
Underground Kingz
Graduation

^^^^Thats up till 2007. Now onwards from 2008 that I would include on my list of great (some only decent) albums -

Vol. 5: Dil Cosby Suite
The Ecstatic
6 Kiss
Born Like This
My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy
Sir Lucious Left Foot: The Son of Chico Dusty
LiveLoveA$AP
Watch the Throne
R.A.P. Music

...Yeah thats it, quality really drops off around 2008. But from 2000-2008, lots of my favourite ever rap game.

This list is my East coast biased disclaimer

I thought I'd be creative and ask a new question has hip hop quality died?

I thought for a while it was that I was just getting older and only like to listen to Riff Raff now but it really does look like J Dilla took him hip with him to the grave for some reason why he do that fo
Old 09-14-2012, 09:41 AM   #2
Longbongcilvaringz

Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Big Boi's album was horrible.

Longbongcilvaringz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 09:42 AM   #3
Longbongcilvaringz

Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Watch The Throne was a throwaway

Old 09-14-2012, 09:43 AM   #4
Longbongcilvaringz

Kanye's album was overblown bullshit.

Action Bronson, Curren$sy and Freddie Gibbs released the only good albums or mixtapes post 2008.

Old 09-14-2012, 09:44 AM   #5
Longbongcilvaringz

Lil Cease and Danny Brown are the future of hip hop.

Old 09-14-2012, 09:45 AM   #6
Longbongcilvaringz

Lil Cease is a fucking snitch also.

Old 09-14-2012, 09:45 AM   #7
Ghost In The 'Lac
crushed out heavenly

Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

watch the throne is good, big boi was good for its era (post 2008)
Old 09-14-2012, 09:47 AM   #8
BRASSKNUCKLED PAI MEI
Are U aware I ban @ will?

BRASSKNUCKLED PAI MEI King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)BRASSKNUCKLED PAI MEI King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)BRASSKNUCKLED PAI MEI King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)BRASSKNUCKLED PAI MEI King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)BRASSKNUCKLED PAI MEI King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)BRASSKNUCKLED PAI MEI King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)BRASSKNUCKLED PAI MEI King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)BRASSKNUCKLED PAI MEI King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)BRASSKNUCKLED PAI MEI King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)BRASSKNUCKLED PAI MEI King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)BRASSKNUCKLED PAI MEI King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canibusfan420 View Post
I still enjoy this album.

Better then most commercial albums released.
Old 09-14-2012, 10:40 AM   #9
TheFunkyDrummer
Veteran Member

TheFunkyDrummer fist of furyTheFunkyDrummer fist of furyTheFunkyDrummer fist of furyTheFunkyDrummer fist of furyTheFunkyDrummer fist of furyTheFunkyDrummer fist of furyTheFunkyDrummer fist of furyTheFunkyDrummer fist of furyTheFunkyDrummer fist of furyTheFunkyDrummer fist of furyTheFunkyDrummer fist of fury

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost In The 'Lac View Post
post 2000 classic shit like this, whats the best post 2000 album. Hip Hop basically died around the same time Jay Dee did
This is true. Look what happened to Common Sense after Jay Dee died, he dropped wack Forever Finding. Ok there still was Nujabes who produced one of the greatest beats of all time

Hiphop is officially dead when Madlib aka the last survivor is gone.
Old 09-18-2012, 08:22 AM   #10
DR. NICK RIVIERA
Hello, everybody!

DR. NICK RIVIERA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)DR. NICK RIVIERA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)DR. NICK RIVIERA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)DR. NICK RIVIERA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)DR. NICK RIVIERA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)DR. NICK RIVIERA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)DR. NICK RIVIERA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)DR. NICK RIVIERA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)DR. NICK RIVIERA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)DR. NICK RIVIERA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)DR. NICK RIVIERA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canibusfan420 View Post
says the canibus fan
Old 09-18-2012, 09:58 AM   #11
Hollow Dartz
Banned

Hollow Dartz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Hollow Dartz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Hollow Dartz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Hollow Dartz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Hollow Dartz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Hollow Dartz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Hollow Dartz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Hollow Dartz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Hollow Dartz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Hollow Dartz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Hollow Dartz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)
Send a message via AIM to Hollow Dartz

I wasn't feeling that Big Boi album, not gonna say Horrible but wasn't feeling it at all..
Hollow Dartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 11:42 AM   #12
GhettoGnom
Veteran Member

GhettoGnom Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)GhettoGnom Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)GhettoGnom Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)GhettoGnom Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)GhettoGnom Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)GhettoGnom Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)GhettoGnom Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)GhettoGnom Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)GhettoGnom Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)GhettoGnom Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)GhettoGnom Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

A big part of the problem to me is that everyone can produce, but no one knows how to put their soul in their production so everything ends up sounding kind of the same.

I don't think anything's dying though, I think this is a slump. Still plenty of signs of real quality.
Black Hippies keeps improving and it's starting to look like they can become the next generation of greats.
Substantial just released another fantastic album.

Danny Brown's showing us there's always going to be new styles to discover.
Youngings are still coming in and showing they can compete with their elders.

Action Bronson is a one-man breathing apparatus.
And last, but not least, even if american hip hop is going down the shitter, my hometown has exploded and can more or less cover my hip hop needs nowadays even if there's just a handful of acts worth listening to.

-Archetype

GhettoGnom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 11:53 AM   #13
TheFunkyDrummer
Veteran Member

TheFunkyDrummer fist of furyTheFunkyDrummer fist of furyTheFunkyDrummer fist of furyTheFunkyDrummer fist of furyTheFunkyDrummer fist of furyTheFunkyDrummer fist of furyTheFunkyDrummer fist of furyTheFunkyDrummer fist of furyTheFunkyDrummer fist of furyTheFunkyDrummer fist of furyTheFunkyDrummer fist of fury

Quote:
Originally Posted by DR. NICK RIVIERA View Post
says the canibus fan
C Of Tranquility is a good album and Bis at his best.
Old 09-18-2012, 12:22 PM   #14
Sky Blue Bally Kid
45th Generation Roman

Sky Blue Bally Kid Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Sky Blue Bally Kid Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Sky Blue Bally Kid Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Sky Blue Bally Kid Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Sky Blue Bally Kid Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Sky Blue Bally Kid Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Sky Blue Bally Kid Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Sky Blue Bally Kid Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Sky Blue Bally Kid Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Sky Blue Bally Kid Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Sky Blue Bally Kid Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Quote:
Originally Posted by THE GENIUS View Post
This is true. Look what happened to Common Sense after Jay Dee died, he dropped wack Forever Finding.
Dreamer/Believer is one of the best albums to drop in years though imo...

When I'm writing in my room

It's like a child that's fighting in the womb

- KP -
Sky Blue Bally Kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 07:31 AM   #15
DR. NICK RIVIERA
Hello, everybody!

DR. NICK RIVIERA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)DR. NICK RIVIERA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)DR. NICK RIVIERA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)DR. NICK RIVIERA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)DR. NICK RIVIERA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)DR. NICK RIVIERA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)DR. NICK RIVIERA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)DR. NICK RIVIERA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)DR. NICK RIVIERA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)DR. NICK RIVIERA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)DR. NICK RIVIERA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Shad dropped three flawless albums...