news
wu-tang clan
bio's
media
store
blogs
forum
contact

Go Back   Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan > The Elements > Wu-Tang Chamber

Old 10-05-2012, 03:38 PM   #1
Ghost In The 'Lac
crushed out heavenly

Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)
Default Ghostface Explains How Rza's Getting High Ruined Bulletproof Wallets Album

http://dimewars.com/Video/Ghostface-...d-2638ff7aa8a4

never saw this before
Old 10-06-2012, 12:57 AM   #2
kwabena1041
Veteran Member

kwabena1041 crouching tigerkwabena1041 crouching tiger

thx

kwabena1041 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 09:28 AM   #3
claaa7
Killer Bob

claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

it's such a shame that RZA lost track of his samples.. i mean the Barry White track is quite obvious what song the sample is from though haha, so i don't see the problem in that... but yeah, Ghost is right if he had had all the original intended records on there (including "Ghost Showers), got cut off bullshit like the "Flowers" remix and "Love Sessions" (which i believe was a last minute addition when they had to lose some songs), he's right in saying it would be the new "Supreme Clientele"... i mean it's a new chamber, but it's amazing as hell, lyrical masterpiece, nice flow and sequencing (not on the retail) and they worked from the same concept as "S.C.", with Ghost and RZA receiving beats from other producers but they arranged everything and did the part of production not inncluded in the making of the beat. all that was lost when they changed the tracklist and started removing tracks and adding new ones, etc.

i love "BPW" and listen to it front-to-back every now and then, but i don't think i will ever listen to the retail again LOL.. that must've been like 2005 the last time.

daily updates: news, articles, reviews, the best compilations on the net. that true skool street hop!

r.i.p. Johan D, Kaddu, Ricke a.k.a. "Slick Rick" and the rest of the fallen soldiers - you'll never be forgotten!
claaa7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 10:33 AM   #4
grt05
PRODIGAL SUN

grt05 prodigal songrt05 prodigal songrt05 prodigal songrt05 prodigal songrt05 prodigal songrt05 prodigal son

links to the original versions?
grt05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 11:16 AM   #5
claaa7
Killer Bob

claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

^ there is no 100% definite Original Version, but i pieced it together some years back.. searching all the information i could find out about the album, using the original track sequencing on the back. "The Watch" was a hidden song after "Maxine" on an early advance copy so that's why i included it in that form. i'm pretty sure this is very, very close to the way we would have gotten the album if Epic/RZA didn't do an epic fuck-up on the retail... read a little more about my conclusions, and download here:

http://claaa7.blogspot.se/2012/06/gf...allets-c7.html

daily updates: news, articles, reviews, the best compilations on the net. that true skool street hop!

r.i.p. Johan D, Kaddu, Ricke a.k.a. "Slick Rick" and the rest of the fallen soldiers - you'll never be forgotten!
Old 10-06-2012, 01:36 PM   #6
Ghost In The 'Lac
crushed out heavenly

Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

nah the retail was classic too
Old 10-06-2012, 01:50 PM   #7
Ghost In The 'Lac
crushed out heavenly

havent seen that never be he same again video in a while, thats hilarious. love it. great lyrics too.
Old 10-06-2012, 03:16 PM   #8
Galvatron97
Wu-Tang Martial Expert

Galvatron97 grasshopper

I thought the original story was that the label (Epic) wouldn't CLEAR the samples because they were too expensive.....

Do you know how much it is to use a Barry White sample now? Practically impossible....that's why you never hear Barry White samples in most hip hop songs today....

The only one I really know of is Northstar by Raekwon and that was before all those sampling laws too effect.....

Galvatron97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 04:21 PM   #9
Edgar Erebus
Munching eyes since 1989

Edgar Erebus Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Edgar Erebus Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Edgar Erebus Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Edgar Erebus Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Edgar Erebus Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Edgar Erebus Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Edgar Erebus Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Edgar Erebus Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Edgar Erebus Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Edgar Erebus Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Edgar Erebus Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

That link you put up was good. It led me, among other things, to video for Stapleton Sex.
"The Devil is not the Prince of Matter; the Devil is the arrogance of the spirit, faith without smile, truth that is never seized by doubt. The Devil is grim because he knows where he is going, and, in moving, he always returns whence he came."
Edgar Erebus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 09:04 PM   #10
SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS
AKA THE PROTO-CHAOS

SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Quote:
Originally Posted by claaa7 View Post
it's such a shame that RZA lost track of his samples.. i mean the Barry White track is quite obvious what song the sample is from though haha, so i don't see the problem in that... but yeah, Ghost is right if he had had all the original intended records on there (including "Ghost Showers), got cut off bullshit like the "Flowers" remix and "Love Sessions" (which i believe was a last minute addition when they had to lose some songs), he's right in saying it would be the new "Supreme Clientele"... i mean it's a new chamber, but it's amazing as hell, lyrical masterpiece, nice flow and sequencing (not on the retail) and they worked from the same concept as "S.C.", with Ghost and RZA receiving beats from other producers but they arranged everything and did the part of production not inncluded in the making of the beat. all that was lost when they changed the tracklist and started removing tracks and adding new ones, etc.

i love "BPW" and listen to it front-to-back every now and then, but i don't think i will ever listen to the retail again LOL.. that must've been like 2005 the last time.
i love both verisons, the retail verison doesn't bother me maybe cuz i am more used to the flow and sync of it but the album regardless vibes well

NON IGNORANT...

SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 08:47 AM   #11
hotnikks
PRODIGAL SUN

hotnikks crouching tigerhotnikks crouching tiger

I got so used to the retail version, I dont really mind the missing tracks at all. Plus Ive heard them all before its all good... The Lack of The Sun hurt the album though.
Old 10-07-2012, 11:20 AM   #12
Meta4
Poet Of The Streets

Meta4 prodigal sonMeta4 prodigal sonMeta4 prodigal sonMeta4 prodigal sonMeta4 prodigal sonMeta4 prodigal son

Can someone re-up the og 'Flowers' both claaa7 and the media sections show as a corrupted file when I d/l. Hey claaa7 peep this link, http://www.discogs.com/viewimages?release=714260. OG traklisting? I agree with replacing 'Love Session' with 'Good Times' tho, 'Love Session' is completely out of place. For those who didn't d/l claaa7's ed, here's a traklisting from the discogs link I posted with where you can get the best version of each song. I've replaced 'Love Session' with 'Good Times' as did claaa7... The Sun (Hidden Darts SE)// Never Be The Same (Retail CD)// The Forest (Retail CD)// Theodore (Retail CD)// Interlude 1 (Retail CD, it's actually the Intro on the retail)// Flowers (convert off the net, Complex got a real clean version in their top 100 Wu songs article, it's 84)// Ghost Showers (Retail CD)// Maxine (Retail CD)// The Watch (Hidden Darts SE)// Walking Through The Darkness (Retail CD)// Interlude 2 (Retail CD, it's actually the trak 'Ice')// Teddy Skit (Retail CD)// Jealousy (Retail CD)// The Juks (Retail CD)// The Hilton (Retail CD)// Good Times (Hidden Darts SE)// Strawberry (Retail CD)// If you wanna throw 'Street Chemistry' in at the end like claaa7 suggested it's on the retail CD. salaam
Old 10-07-2012, 01:12 PM   #13
Mumm Ra
God's Replica

Mumm Ra Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Mumm Ra Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Mumm Ra Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Mumm Ra Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Mumm Ra Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Mumm Ra Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Mumm Ra Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Mumm Ra Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Mumm Ra Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Mumm Ra Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Mumm Ra Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

lol @ getting high and forgetting where a sample came from
if someone were to ask me what the sample was on 99% of my beats I'd have no clue
Old 10-08-2012, 06:44 AM   #14
Killah_L
CHICKEN HEAD

Killah_L shaolin monk

Could someone put a link up for maxine with the watch on the same track. I made a cd up using the tracklisting on the cd with the sun as track 1, didn't know the watch was a hidden track. If released with the original tracklist (with good times at track 15 and the watch after maxine) this would have been a classic in my view
Killah_L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 07:47 AM   #15
claaa7
Killer Bob

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meta4 View Post
Can someone re-up the og 'Flowers' both claaa7 and the media sections show as a corrupted file when I d/l. Hey claaa7 peep this link, http://www.discogs.com/viewimages?release=714260. OG traklisting? I agree with replacing 'Love Session' with 'Good Times' tho, 'Love Session' is completely out of place. For those who didn't d/l claaa7's ed, here's a traklisting from the discogs link I posted with where you can get the best version of each song.
yeah that's how the back of my CD looks like, also the inserts lists the credits and such for that tracklist. so that's definitely what i went by when trying to figure out how an "original" version would possibly sound. that tracklist obviously isn't there just because someone thought it was a fun idea to throw everything out of order.. at some point, the sequence of tracks on "BPW" was supposed to be that, even pretty close to release as they pressed up that on the original pressings.

"Good Times" must have been axed a bit earlier as it does not show up.. the reason i included it instead of "Love Session" is not coincidential either. we know that it was a song recorded for "BPW". Ghost even mentions it as one of the songs he wish wouldn't have been cut from the LP.. "Love Sessions" also appears on the "Barbershop" soundtrack, and with the feature and all, it does sound like an original soundtrack recording but possibly due to them being short on material after a lot of stuff went down the drain they inserted it on "BPW". check this early radio promo of "BPW" which runs with the sequence of the original tracklisting (as you posted) as long as the songs are included... BUT, where we'd expect "Love Session", instead we hear "Good Times"!!! that song was produced by Digga as our FatboyBradon recently pointed out BTW.

http://www.discogs.com/Ghostface-Kil...release/505169

also here is the version of "Flowers" OG that Complex put up in their article.

http://hulkshare.com/ap-9vtif3xzulpc