news
wu-tang clan
bio's
media
store
blogs
forum
contact

Go Back   Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan > The Elements > Hip-Hop Shop

Old 11-01-2012, 04:38 AM   #1
cap
THE ILL ONE

cap Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)cap Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)cap Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)cap Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)cap Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)cap Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)cap Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)cap Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)cap Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)cap Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)cap Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)
Send a message via MSN to cap
Default Thoughts on Kendrick Lamar's "good kid m.A.A.d city"

First off. Don't merge this with any other kendrick thread because its a totally different take on the album and we all know most threads aint shit past the 1st page because of derailment.

So i got this album in the mail 2 days ago which brings me to my first point...

1. People who checked for individual tracks off this album before the entire thing dropped LOST!

People who waited like myself to hear it in its entirety (preferably after copping it) WON!

It obvious that this is an album you need to hear the whole way through especially the 1st 3 spins at least till you get familiar with the storyline.

2. Fuck waiting to call it a classic. This is classic to me and i have no doubt that this will be regarded as an important album 10 years from now by a great artist. This is genius not only beacause of the tracks but because of the little details in the story telling like how the beat from "Sherane" sneaks up on you after "poetic justice" to tell you were at the part of the story were the guys in hoodies are waiting to fuck with Kendrick. There are many more examples of similar great moments in the story telling.

3. I can't explain how glad i am that lady gaga (i feel stupid writing that cunt's name) wasn't on here. This would literally have lowered the album significantly for me. Phew, we dodged that bullet!

4. What does the m.A.A.d part in the title mean/stand for?

5. People who like this album and didnt cop should hang themselves!

cap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 04:50 AM   #2
racist randy
Banned

racist randy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)racist randy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)racist randy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)racist randy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)racist randy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)racist randy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)racist randy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)racist randy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)racist randy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)racist randy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)racist randy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)
Send a message via AIM to racist randy

The art of peer pressure & Good Kid are the weak links on here, I'm definitely not giving this a classic rating, production on some of the tracks could've been better with the label he's on, the recipe>compton..it's a good lp though, would give it 4 stars...skits at the end of each track are too long, should've been separate from the song itself. Sing about me/dying of thirst should've been two songs, dying of thirst is ok.....overall a solid lp. Lyrically this is 5 stars though.
racist randy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 05:02 AM   #3
cap
THE ILL ONE

cap Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)cap Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)cap Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)cap Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)cap Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)cap Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)cap Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)cap Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)cap Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)cap Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)cap Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)
Send a message via MSN to cap

I agree on the recipe being better than compton!

i do like those tracks you mentioned disliking though.

edit: To me compton is like the song you hear when the credits are rolling after an amazing movie. and thats how i listen to it.

Last edited by cap; 11-01-2012 at 05:07 AM.
cap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 05:24 AM   #4
DR. NICK RIVIERA
Hello, everybody!

DR. NICK RIVIERA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)DR. NICK RIVIERA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)DR. NICK RIVIERA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)DR. NICK RIVIERA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)DR. NICK RIVIERA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)DR. NICK RIVIERA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)DR. NICK RIVIERA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)DR. NICK RIVIERA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)DR. NICK RIVIERA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)DR. NICK RIVIERA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)DR. NICK RIVIERA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollow Dartz View Post
The art of peer pressure & Good Kid are the weak links on here, I'm definitely not giving this a classic rating, production on some of the tracks could've been better with the label he's on, the recipe>compton..it's a good lp though, would give it 4 stars...skits at the end of each track are too long, should've been separate from the song itself. Sing about me/dying of thirst should've been two songs, dying of thirst is ok.....overall a solid lp. Lyrically this is 5 stars though.
+1 Exactly my thoughts. Some production here and there could be better, but Kendrick does his thing like a boss.
Old 11-01-2012, 05:54 AM   #5
Longbongcilvaringz

Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

..... it's ok, a bit better than Section.80, that's about it.

Longbongcilvaringz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 07:44 AM   #6
UNCLE RUCKUS
Fearless Vampire Killer

UNCLE RUCKUS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)UNCLE RUCKUS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)UNCLE RUCKUS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)UNCLE RUCKUS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)UNCLE RUCKUS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)UNCLE RUCKUS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)UNCLE RUCKUS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)UNCLE RUCKUS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)UNCLE RUCKUS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)UNCLE RUCKUS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)UNCLE RUCKUS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)
Send a message via AIM to UNCLE RUCKUS

Great album Money Trees and Sing About Me are 5 stars
UNCLE RUCKUS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 09:19 AM   #7
Prime8
a.k.a. The Great'

Prime8 iron monkeyPrime8 iron monkeyPrime8 iron monkeyPrime8 iron monkeyPrime8 iron monkey

The Art of Peer Pressure's probably my favourite track on here.

"Me and the homies..."
Old 11-01-2012, 10:33 AM   #8
whitey
Wu Vatican

whitey Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)whitey Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)whitey Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)whitey Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)whitey Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)whitey Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)whitey Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)whitey Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)whitey Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)whitey Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)whitey Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

nice piece of work. very pleased with this shit.
The earth is a very small stage in a vast cosmic arena. Think of the rivers of blood spilled by all those generals and emperors so that in glory and in triumph they could become the momentary masters of a fraction of a dot.

People are too stupid to effectively conspire to do anything, but not too stupid to come up with conspiracy theories.
whitey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 01:24 PM   #9
CEITEDMOFO
DuncanHine Monument Cakes

CEITEDMOFO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)CEITEDMOFO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)CEITEDMOFO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)CEITEDMOFO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)CEITEDMOFO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)CEITEDMOFO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)CEITEDMOFO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)CEITEDMOFO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)CEITEDMOFO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)CEITEDMOFO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)CEITEDMOFO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollow Dartz View Post
The art of peer pressure & Good Kid are the weak links on here
FAG GOOD KID IS CLASSIC

LP IS CLASSICaL

CEITEDMOFO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 04:59 PM   #10
Mcthuggin99
K.O.D

Mcthuggin99 fist of furyMcthuggin99 fist of furyMcthuggin99 fist of furyMcthuggin99 fist of furyMcthuggin99 fist of furyMcthuggin99 fist of furyMcthuggin99 fist of furyMcthuggin99 fist of furyMcthuggin99 fist of furyMcthuggin99 fist of furyMcthuggin99 fist of fury

Yes, its a classic. I love listening to it from beginning to end. I would say that my favorite is m.A.A.d city, just love how the beat changes up.

also, m.A.A.d stands for either "my angel's on angel dust" or "my angry adolescence divided"

Quote:
"It's two, two meanings. The first is 'my angry adolescence divided,' and the basic standout meaning is 'my angel's on angel dust.' That's the reason why I don't smoke," he said. "That was me. I got laced. The reason I don't smoke, and it's in the album. It's in the story. It was just me getting my hands on the wrong thing at the wrong time, being oblivious to it."
Old 11-01-2012, 05:21 PM   #11
TheFunkyDrummer
Veteran Member

TheFunkyDrummer fist of furyTheFunkyDrummer fist of furyTheFunkyDrummer fist of furyTheFunkyDrummer fist of furyTheFunkyDrummer fist of furyTheFunkyDrummer fist of furyTheFunkyDrummer fist of furyTheFunkyDrummer fist of furyTheFunkyDrummer fist of furyTheFunkyDrummer fist of furyTheFunkyDrummer fist of fury

Stop throwing words around like classic. Classic is a masterpiece, y'all say classic everytime you like something.

36 Chambers - Classic
Illmatic - Classic
The Low End Theory - Classic
This new album - not yet, imo never will be.

Is your vocabulary that limited that you need to say classic everytime something ok released? The word classic here means bad, ok or (pretty) good. Real classic - masterpiece, timeless, I'll bump this shit in 10 years like it was yesterday.
Old 11-01-2012, 06:04 PM   #12
theheavens
Banned

theheavens Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)theheavens Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)theheavens Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)theheavens Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)theheavens Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)theheavens Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)theheavens Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)theheavens Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)theheavens Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)theheavens Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)theheavens Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

this is basically the My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy of the year. it's a critical darling, and it may or may not live up to acclaim in the future, but because the sounds is different, people are easily impressed

I'm not saying critics don't have a legit reason to dick ride Lamar, because he may really be that good, but right now I just see him as a very good lyricist. however, I can see his albums getting boring if they all follow this record's blueprint
theheavens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 06:11 PM   #13
CEITEDMOFO
DuncanHine Monument Cakes

CEITEDMOFO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)CEITEDMOFO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)CEITEDMOFO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)CEITEDMOFO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)CEITEDMOFO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)CEITEDMOFO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)CEITEDMOFO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)CEITEDMOFO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)CEITEDMOFO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)CEITEDMOFO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)CEITEDMOFO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Quote:
Originally Posted by THE GENIUS View Post
Stop throwing words around like classic. Classic is a masterpiece, y'all say classic everytime you like something.

36 Chambers - Classic
Illmatic - Classic
The Low End Theory - Classic
This new album - not yet, imo never will be.

Is your vocabulary that limited that you need to say classic everytime something ok released? The word classic here means bad, ok or (pretty) good. Real classic - masterpiece, timeless, I'll bump this shit in 10 years like it was yesterday.

CEITEDMOFO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 06:16 PM   #14
TheFunkyDrummer
Veteran Member

TheFunkyDrummer fist of furyTheFunkyDrummer fist of furyTheFunkyDrummer fist of furyTheFunkyDrummer fist of furyTheFunkyDrummer fist of furyTheFunkyDrummer fist of furyTheFunkyDrummer fist of furyTheFunkyDrummer fist of furyTheFunkyDrummer fist of furyTheFunkyDrummer fist of furyTheFunkyDrummer fist of fury

Old 11-01-2012, 10:32 PM   #15
drippie k
este sitio es una mierda

drippie k shaolin masta killadrippie k shaolin masta killadrippie k shaolin masta killadrippie k shaolin masta killadrippie k shaolin masta killadrippie k shaolin masta killadrippie k shaolin masta killa

this album is the shit but no one will ever know if people will still talk about it 10-15 years from now. stop calling it a classic and stop calling it not a classic. it's the shit tho