news
wu-tang clan
bio's
media
store
blogs
forum
contact

Go Back   Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan > The Elements > Hip-Hop Shop

Old 11-02-2012, 01:26 PM   #16
CEITEDMOFO
DuncanHine Monument Cakes

CEITEDMOFO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)CEITEDMOFO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)CEITEDMOFO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)CEITEDMOFO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)CEITEDMOFO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)CEITEDMOFO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)CEITEDMOFO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)CEITEDMOFO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)CEITEDMOFO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)CEITEDMOFO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)CEITEDMOFO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Quote:
Originally Posted by THE GENIUS View Post
That's basically his whole ''lazy'' style today, thats why I hope he will retire. I heard a unreleased beat from him rejected by Jay-Z on DJPremierblog and that was actually good.
PRIMO>>> JAY DILLA,MADLIB,NUJABES,RZA,MUGGS
Old 11-02-2012, 03:52 PM   #17
Pestilence
SLIMEY SAVAGE

Pestilence crouching tigerPestilence crouching tiger

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2PAC HOLOGRAM View Post
95% of your threads suck.
^
Old 11-02-2012, 04:38 PM   #18
wukillabee25
SHAOLIN STUDENT

wukillabee25 five deadly venomswukillabee25 five deadly venomswukillabee25 five deadly venomswukillabee25 five deadly venomswukillabee25 five deadly venomswukillabee25 five deadly venomswukillabee25 five deadly venomswukillabee25 five deadly venoms

What about Apollo Brown?
wukillabee25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 07:39 PM   #19
TheFunkyDrummer
Veteran Member

TheFunkyDrummer fist of furyTheFunkyDrummer fist of furyTheFunkyDrummer fist of furyTheFunkyDrummer fist of furyTheFunkyDrummer fist of furyTheFunkyDrummer fist of furyTheFunkyDrummer fist of furyTheFunkyDrummer fist of furyTheFunkyDrummer fist of furyTheFunkyDrummer fist of furyTheFunkyDrummer fist of fury

Quote:
Originally Posted by WACKCLOUD AKA FLOOR TILE TANK View Post
PRIMO>>> JAY DILLA,MADLIB,NUJABES,RZA,MUGGS
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH get the fuck out of here. All those producers except for Muggs are superior to Premier. Ok Premier's catalogue is more impressive than Nujabes, he died and doesn't have a lot of material compared to Preme but as far as skills go he was iller. You need to study the art of beats which is sampling. Premier used the same lazy formula for every fucking beat right now 2 or 4-bar loop with scratches in the hook and you'll hear the same thing over and over again. You can't listen to a Premier beat for a week, you can do that with a Dilla beat. RZA's catalogue is superior to Premier plus I think he had way more styles and put out better albums. No disrespect to Premier, he's ill and used to be my favorite but then I realized there's producers with far more skills.

I used to listen to Mass Appeal, Just To Get A Rep, Above The Clouds, Royalty (possible his most clever beat), Nas Is Like all day and he has mad classics but that's not enough.

Listen to 3 Beat Tapes, Old Donutes, Unreleased Volumes 1 & 2, 64 Beats and you will realize what kind of genius Dilla was when it came to his craft and he absolutely mastered the way a song should be sampled. Now if you tell me Premier had iller drums than Dilla then just kill yourself, you are brainless if you think that.

Jay Dee has so many fucking classics that you can't pick a best one, you'll switch from day to day I promise you that. Premier best beats are the obvious ones, 99% (not everyone!) picks the same.

Pete Rock at his best >>> Premier at his best. Listen to this classic funky soul sample and those raw drums.

What were you listening to when Madlib dropped this:

Now tell me Premier is the best. I know you like typical bangers that's probably why you like Alchemist and Premier so much. Clever beats >> Bangers
Old 11-02-2012, 08:05 PM   #20
CEITEDMOFO

CEITEDMOFO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)CEITEDMOFO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)CEITEDMOFO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)CEITEDMOFO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)CEITEDMOFO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)CEITEDMOFO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)CEITEDMOFO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)CEITEDMOFO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)CEITEDMOFO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)CEITEDMOFO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)CEITEDMOFO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Quote:
Originally Posted by THE GENIUS View Post
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH get the fuck out of here. All those producers except for Muggs are superior to Premier. Ok Premier's catalogue is more impressive
CLOSE THREAd
Old 11-02-2012, 08:42 PM   #21
TheFunkyDrummer
Veteran Member

TheFunkyDrummer fist of furyTheFunkyDrummer fist of furyTheFunkyDrummer fist of furyTheFunkyDrummer fist of furyTheFunkyDrummer fist of furyTheFunkyDrummer fist of furyTheFunkyDrummer fist of furyTheFunkyDrummer fist of furyTheFunkyDrummer fist of furyTheFunkyDrummer fist of furyTheFunkyDrummer fist of fury

Quote:
CLOSE THREAd
If you quote, quote the whole sentence. His discography is better than Nujabes. I'm a diehard Gang Starr fan but his catalogue can't fuck with 36 Chambers, Tical, Return to the 36 Chambers, Only Built For Cuban Linx, Liquid Swords, Ironman, Forever in a row. He can't fuck with the countless Jay Dee masterpieces.

You only listened to Donuts from Dilla lol
Old 11-02-2012, 08:43 PM   #22
TheFunkyDrummer
Veteran Member

If you think that track you posted has a iller beat than the 3 beats I posted you're extremely stupid
Old 11-02-2012, 08:51 PM   #23
CEITEDMOFO

Old 11-02-2012, 09:07 PM   #24
OntheHorizon
PRODIGAL SUN

OntheHorizon iron monkeyOntheHorizon iron monkeyOntheHorizon iron monkey

I agree with most of what you said but I tend to ignore most of the younger artists & producers. I realized a while back that I'm 29 and near impossible to impress now. Everything falls into 2 categories

1. Stuff I dont like and have no interest in.

2. Stuff I've already heard done better 1,000 times.

Most of todays producers, especially in the "underground" just sit around all day looking for samples, most of which have already been used, and throw together beats in 5 minutes with no attention to detail. And that's not sarcasm, I've actually seen videos with some high profile producers on youtube sitting around making 30 beats in a day like quantity is more important then quality. Fuck that, the rest of ya'll can eat that McDonalds cheeseburger if you want, I'd rather have something better,.

But I'm not mad at nobody, it's whatever. I'm sure angry teenage kids who hear Tyler the creator rap about how much he hates everything probably get as pumped as I did when DMX was rapping bout "Blood on my dick cause I fucked a corpse" on Flesh of my flesh. I just can't relate to teenage angst anymore.

But I don't want to move on to "Mature" rap either because it's boring. I have 2 kids and would still rather bang my head against a brick wall then hear Nas rap about his "Daughters".

I just stay tuned in out of habit and every once in a while something will catch my attention.

Last edited by OntheHorizon; 11-02-2012 at 09:13 PM.
OntheHorizon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 09:11 PM   #25
TheFunkyDrummer
Veteran Member

Quote:
Old 11-02-2012, 09:24 PM   #26
CEITEDMOFO

Old 11-02-2012, 10:10 PM   #27
spammy sosa
Major League Bleached Asshole

spammy sosa prodigal sonspammy sosa prodigal sonspammy sosa prodigal sonspammy sosa prodigal sonspammy sosa prodigal sonspammy sosa prodigal son

spammy sosa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 03:05 AM   #28
V1LLAIN
ODDS AGAiNST TOMORROW

V1LLAIN drunken mastaV1LLAIN drunken masta

Another great thread ANGRY, always on point G. Alot of these new producers seem to drop 1 banger then drop 100 turds. Fuck the other i was listening to Gangstarr's Hard To Eran & Ghostface's Supreme Clientele & I said to myself god daam would there ever be production back to front like this ever again on any album. Most of the blame should go to the emcee's who have no ear to pick a dope or to pussy to say that beat is WACK next.
V1LLAIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 12:21 PM   #29
main_man
BANNED FOR LIFE!

main_man Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)main_man Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)main_man Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)main_man Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)main_man Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)main_man Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)main_man Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)main_man Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)main_man Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)main_man Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)main_man Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

we need more production by the beatnuts nowadays. they still make bangers.

el-producto showed this year that he aint goin nowhere and is still making hip hop thats about 5-10 years ahead of its time. just like he did in the late 90s.

kanye is a damn dope producer. his major problem is over-producing. he tweaks his shit a little too much a lot of the time. and he needs to stop with all the call & response bullshit he does. it fucks his songs up.

apollo brown is dope as fuck.
yu from diamond district makes some low key, hardcore shit too.

i wish j-zone was still making beats for mcs. he never really got the shine he deserved.

https://soundcloud.com/gptent/tito-lo-blak-hell
main_man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 12:41 PM   #30
REANIMATED
Veteran Member

REANIMATED five deadly venomsREANIMATED five deadly venomsREANIMATED five deadly venomsREANIMATED five deadly venomsREANIMATED five deadly venomsREANIMATED five deadly venomsREANIMATED five deadly venomsREANIMATED five deadly venomsREANIMATED five deadly venoms

Quote:
Originally Posted by V1LLAIN View Post
Another great thread ANGRY, always on point G. Alot of these new producers seem to drop 1 banger then drop 100 turds. Fuck the other i was listening to Gangstarr's Hard To Eran & Ghostface's Supreme Clientele & I said to myself god daam would there ever be production back to front like this ever again on any album. Most of the blame should go to the emcee's who have no ear to pick a dope or to pussy to say that beat is WACK next.
look a reasonable response... a lot of the great producers of the time are either washed up and gassed out or MISSING altogether....

i stand by my statement 95% of beats made today are ASS

so many hack producers with free beat software pumping their shit...

so many hack producers getting placement on bullshit albums...

i remember when polow da don sold NAS a STOCK loop that came with his beat software for nas' lead single on hip hop is dead... they bought it anyway....

if you IDIOTS had any idea how many producers jack beats online... youd be sick...

timbaland was making STUPID money selling big names junk he stole from stupid kids in his e-mail.... if just blaze does a track for someone that ISNT a chart topping artist... you can bet hes stealing the first thing he comes across untagged, giving it a quick mixdown, and sliding it to ___ for a cpl grand... thats how a lot of these frauds "work".... ever wonder what happened to just blaze sig style!?!?!?!?!?! its not worth the time in the studio anymore... no more 6 figure pay days for sampled beats...

when someone gets good beats now its real impressive...

o.c. - TROPHIES... INCREDIBLE... even apollo brown is reduced to reflipping tons of samples i heard flipped 100 times but he always delivers... cant say the same for a lot of these kids reflipping classic samples and turning them into boring... dry... pieces of shit....

ALC is waaaaay too deep in thsi experimental minimalist string on string shit... it was cool for russian roulette lets hear the ALC super bangers that make producers wanna quit... stop with this artsy gee tarrrr over geee tar drumless wannabe RZA/roc marci shit... he doing it again on the first joint i heard with action bronson... probably the whole album... more covert coupe return of the mac shit... thats classic ALC... more shit like the stuff he gave sean price... hell be alright though... hell figure it out...

and where all the blood boiling beats?!!?!?!?!?!!?

remeber when you heard rap and wanted to punch someone in the face!?!?!?!?!!?!?

i wanna punch hack producers in the face....
REANIMATED is offline   Reply With Quote