news
wu-tang clan
bio's
media
store
blogs
forum
contact

Go Back   Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan > The Elements > Hip-Hop Shop

Old 11-07-2012, 10:27 AM   #16
Jin10304
Veteran Member

Jin10304 five deadly venomsJin10304 five deadly venomsJin10304 five deadly venomsJin10304 five deadly venomsJin10304 five deadly venomsJin10304 five deadly venomsJin10304 five deadly venomsJin10304 five deadly venoms

he constantly shits on what is popular among hip hop, its one of his "rants"
Jin10304 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 10:29 AM   #17
laolu
Old Head, Young Shoulders

laolu drunken mastalaolu drunken mastalaolu drunken masta

Quote:
Originally Posted by THE GENIUS View Post
This is Apollo's best beat imo:

Agreed.

Quote:
Apollo has been consistent last 3, 4 years but I would like to hear different shit from him.
Pretty much, his flips are not very interesting but he is good at what he does.

Example:

Impossibru, sounds like D.I.T.C.

Lulz at Apollo flipping the same sample 7 years later and it being lackluster.

Last edited by laolu; 11-07-2012 at 10:42 AM.
laolu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 10:44 AM   #18
TheFunkyDrummer
Veteran Member

TheFunkyDrummer fist of furyTheFunkyDrummer fist of furyTheFunkyDrummer fist of furyTheFunkyDrummer fist of furyTheFunkyDrummer fist of furyTheFunkyDrummer fist of furyTheFunkyDrummer fist of furyTheFunkyDrummer fist of furyTheFunkyDrummer fist of furyTheFunkyDrummer fist of furyTheFunkyDrummer fist of fury

Quote:
Originally Posted by laolu View Post
Agreed.

Pretty much, his flips are not very interesting but he is good at what he does.
Exactly.

Quote:
Example:

Lulz at Apollo flipping the same sample 7 years later and it being lackluster.
I think that beat from Clouds is dope, definitely one of his best when it comes to drums. A lot of times I have the feeling I'm listening to the same, this one is very different; especially the snare.

Good to see you posting some Samurai Champloo. That's the greatest soundtrack in hiphop imo. Mystline is probably my favorite and it's not even a pure hiphop track (no drums).
Old 11-07-2012, 10:51 AM   #19
laolu

Quote:

I think that beat from Clouds is dope, definitely one of his best when it comes to drums. A lot of times I have the feeling I'm listening to the same, this one is very different; especially the snare.

I know Apollo can do better than that, the sequencing is so meh. Force Of Nature's flip is much more intricate. Those horns make 2012 Pete Rock cry.

Last edited by laolu; 11-07-2012 at 11:00 AM.
laolu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 10:53 AM   #20
TheFunkyDrummer
Veteran Member

TheFunkyDrummer fist of furyTheFunkyDrummer fist of furyTheFunkyDrummer fist of furyTheFunkyDrummer fist of furyTheFunkyDrummer fist of furyTheFunkyDrummer fist of furyTheFunkyDrummer fist of furyTheFunkyDrummer fist of furyTheFunkyDrummer fist of furyTheFunkyDrummer fist of furyTheFunkyDrummer fist of fury

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jin10304 View Post
he constantly shits on what is popular among hip hop, its one of his "rants"
I actually agree with angry a lot of times, especially when it comes to wack rap, but I've seen him criticizing Bronze a lot. I am one of the few probably who thinks The Great Migration is far better than School For The Blindman. Bronze was in his prime until 08, maybe 09 imo. The last thing I really liked from him was probably Bronzestrumentals Vol. 1 (does anyone know when Vol. 2 is coming out?).

I like how he sampled the sad version of Change Is Gonna Come
Old 11-07-2012, 10:57 AM   #21
TheFunkyDrummer
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by laolu View Post
I know Apollo can do better than that, the sequencing is so meh. Force Of Nature's flip is much more intricate. Those horns make 2012 Pete Rock cry.

Lol, wasn't that a picture from him talking about the releaseparty where police fuckedup everything and arrested his wife?

Pete's horns were amazing during Mecca & The Main Ingredient. I would even say they made his tracks more raw. Nujabes and Forces of Nature have that calm, emotional horns in their music. I also definitely like FoN's flip better, that was actually my whole point on Apollo's beats. When I hear the beat you posted I just thought he can do some different drums, cause to me a lot of it sounds the same. He does that more often tho. I can see why you would sample something that has already been sampled so you can do it better, but most of the times I prefer for instance Madlib or Peanut Butter Wolf's (he sampled tracks they sampled before) chops.
Old 11-07-2012, 11:08 AM   #22
REANIMATED
Veteran Member

REANIMATED five deadly venomsREANIMATED five deadly venomsREANIMATED five deadly venomsREANIMATED five deadly venomsREANIMATED five deadly venomsREANIMATED five deadly venomsREANIMATED five deadly venomsREANIMATED five deadly venomsREANIMATED five deadly venoms

G SHIT

no words

apollo brown is putting out WORK while bronze naz plays ps2 on the couch with his wack brother sharing skinny blunts in 2012

bronze naz would have 0 fans if he wasnt LOOSELY affiliated with wu tang by being the biggest wannabe!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
REANIMATED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 11:09 AM   #23
TheFunkyDrummer
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by REANIMATED View Post

G SHIT

no words

apollo brown is putting out WORK while bronze naz plays ps2 on the couch with his wack brother sharing skinny blunts in 2012

bronze naz would have 0 fans if he wasnt LOOSELY affiliated with wu tang by being the biggest wannabe!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Good beat, but can it fuck with this?

Old 11-07-2012, 11:22 AM   #24
laolu

Quote:
Originally Posted by REANIMATED View Post

G SHIT

no words

Lol.
Old 11-07-2012, 12:36 PM   #25
deeznutz1981
PRODIGAL SUN

deeznutz1981 prodigal sondeeznutz1981 prodigal sondeeznutz1981 prodigal sondeeznutz1981 prodigal sondeeznutz1981 prodigal sondeeznutz1981 prodigal son

this album is insane. better than trophies imo but not to discredit trophies at all I really like that album too. Apollo Brown's production represents everything I like about hip hop. I don't think the guy's ever made any wack shit. I'm not as familiar with guilty simpson as I should be but this guy is growing on me. Not a single wack forced punchline and he's touching on topics that suit the production perfectly

instant cop!

deeznutz1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 12:40 PM   #26
Jin10304
Veteran Member

Jin10304 five deadly venomsJin10304 five deadly venomsJin10304 five deadly venomsJin10304 five deadly venomsJin10304 five deadly venomsJin10304 five deadly venomsJin10304 five deadly venomsJin10304 five deadly venoms

In a musical sense, "How Will I Go" reminds me of "Fantastic"
Jin10304 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 07:46 PM   #27
dret.izm
WU.B.R

dret.izm crouching tigerdret.izm crouching tiger

is that a wu-syndicate sample on "wrong hand"...

where was heaven i think?
Old 11-09-2012, 04:32 AM   #28
Willis
85 %ER

Willis shaolin monk

Anyone got a link to download instead of stream?

This has got to be his best beat

Willis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 07:29 PM   #29
CEITEDMOFO
DuncanHine Monument Cakes

CEITEDMOFO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)CEITEDMOFO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)CEITEDMOFO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)CEITEDMOFO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)CEITEDMOFO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)CEITEDMOFO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)CEITEDMOFO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)CEITEDMOFO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)CEITEDMOFO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)CEITEDMOFO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)CEITEDMOFO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLEEDING GUMS MURPHY View Post
does anyone have track 11 not fucked up?
BUMp

CEITEDMOFO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 01:22 AM   #30
kingwu
I Dont Walk I Get Carried

kingwu crouching tiger

^^^ thanx i got it BUMp
kingwu is offline   Reply With Quote