news
wu-tang clan
bio's
media
store
blogs
forum
contact

Go Back   Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan > The Elements > Wu-Tang Chamber

Old 11-12-2012, 10:32 AM   #1
prefixmag

prefixmag shaolin monk
Default Feature Story On Ghostface Killah's 'Ironman'

Hey guys, we posted a feature taking a look back at Ghostface's 'Ironman' today. I figured some of you guys would like reading it. Thanks.

http://www.prefixmag.com/features/gh...ironman/71827/

Quarantining The Past: Ghostface Killah's 'Ironman'
As we prepare for a new Ghostface record, we look back at his debut and its importance to the Wu-Tang legacy....
prefixmag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 11:52 AM   #2
TheFunkyDrummer
Veteran Member

TheFunkyDrummer fist of furyTheFunkyDrummer fist of furyTheFunkyDrummer fist of furyTheFunkyDrummer fist of furyTheFunkyDrummer fist of furyTheFunkyDrummer fist of furyTheFunkyDrummer fist of furyTheFunkyDrummer fist of furyTheFunkyDrummer fist of furyTheFunkyDrummer fist of furyTheFunkyDrummer fist of fury

Was Tical ranked above Ironman? Not that I know. The best two are OBFCL and Liquid Swords, then Ironman is right behind these records and then I'd say Tical & Return To The 36 Chambers. Ironman is definitely the most versatile album to me from that classic era. It has all kind of shit. Soulful shit like All That I Got Is You and raw hiphop like Winter Warz and some very good storytelling. Concepts like Wildflower. Ghost was at different chambers on this album. Still in my top 10.
Old 11-12-2012, 11:54 AM   #3
biblebullet
Veteran Member

biblebullet shaolin monk
Send a message via MSN to biblebullet Send a message via Yahoo to biblebullet

Good Read
Old 11-12-2012, 01:40 PM   #4
SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS
AKA THE PROTO-CHAOS

SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Good Read

NON IGNORANT...

SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 03:14 PM   #5
Antonelli
Veteran Member

Antonelli crouching tigerAntonelli crouching tiger

1/obfcl
2/ls
3/ironman
4/tical
5/return to the 36 chambers

all are fuckin classics !
Antonelli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 04:32 PM   #6
theheavens
Banned

theheavens Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)theheavens Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)theheavens Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)theheavens Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)theheavens Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)theheavens Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)theheavens Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)theheavens Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)theheavens Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)theheavens Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)theheavens Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

that was a good article, but somebody needs to tell that guy that Twelve Reasons to Die isn't dropping on November 20
theheavens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 10:56 PM   #7
the silencer
king disguised as beggar.

the silencer Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)the silencer Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)the silencer Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)the silencer Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)the silencer Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)the silencer Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)the silencer Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)the silencer Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)the silencer Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)the silencer Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)the silencer Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

for an album that's as colorfully flavored as the panoply of wallos on the cover, the piece is simplistic...

It's a good look to feature an article in recognition of this CLASSIC album but the piece manages to underrate Ghost's classic by notching it below Tical, etc and failing to highlight the unprecedented lyrical displays Ironman had.... The many displays of fast-paced flows spitting shit like "new reveal this painkill rap/ fuck Benadryl/ a violin of knowledge, god sounded ill" was (and still is) mindblowing and mostly unlike anything else in the Wu catalogue with the exception of select tracks and of course Supreme Clientele

it's also a unique chamber for Rza AND the Wu debut of True Master who would go on to outdo Rza on a bunch of solos (The Pillage, Judgment Day, Uncontrolled Substance)

I've never saw Ironman as inferior in any way to OB4CL or Supreme.... it's at least as good as either one
Old 11-16-2012, 02:20 PM   #8
THE MASON
Winter is Coming

THE MASON King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)THE MASON King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)THE MASON King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)THE MASON King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)THE MASON King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)THE MASON King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)THE MASON King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)THE MASON King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)THE MASON King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)THE MASON King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)THE MASON King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)

ironman is my top choice of the first 5 solo albums from Wu.

i wish they would do reissues to all the 90s albums with these covers

http://royayersproject.com/2011/02/w...e-note-covers/

those are just too dope
THE MASON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 06:09 PM   #9
ShaolinDarts
Audio System/Diamond

ShaolinDarts iron monkeyShaolinDarts iron monkeyShaolinDarts iron monkeyShaolinDarts iron monkey

Article is bullsit. 'First step for Ghost'? Well no - that was OB4CL, you know, the album where Ghost and Rae with Rza defined the proceeding east coast hip for over half a decade!

And Rae, Ghost and Rza followed up that album with Ironman - the soul influenced album that would actually be influential to hip hop once hip hop had done dickriding Rae, Ghost and Rza's earlier Mafioso style?

These articles written by dorks are bullshit. You analyse hip hop and the two overriding themes are Mafia raps and soul sampling. Guess what, Rae, Ghost and Rza been doing that since these dumb journalists were in huggies!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm hood ornaments, junkies win awards in my tournaments - Chef Raekwon
ShaolinDarts is offline   Reply With Quote