news
wu-tang clan
bio's
media
store
blogs
forum
contact

Go Back   Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan > The Elements > Hip-Hop Shop

Old 12-01-2012, 06:31 AM   #31
PANDA PISS
I Radiate Distinction

PANDA PISS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)PANDA PISS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)PANDA PISS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)PANDA PISS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)PANDA PISS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)PANDA PISS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)PANDA PISS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)PANDA PISS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)PANDA PISS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)PANDA PISS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)PANDA PISS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)
Send a message via MSN to PANDA PISS

lyrically you know it'll be on point.

PANDA PISS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 07:40 AM   #32
Young Gun
PRODIGAL SUN

Young Gun prodigal sonYoung Gun prodigal sonYoung Gun prodigal sonYoung Gun prodigal sonYoung Gun prodigal sonYoung Gun prodigal son

Quote:
Originally Posted by I FUCKED YO BITCH! View Post
lyrically you know it'll be on point.

Exactly. I'm not understanding this pessimistic attitude cats are coppin. Unless they dislike the Ox solos. But in that case, why even weigh in if it doesn't appeal to you? I've enjoyed all of Vordul's work, and Vast has his moments.

I hate to sound redundant, but we haven't heard them collaborating together on a project since Cold Vein. Features on each other's records is one thing in following the spotlighted artist's lead, or catering to them. But from the sound of things they're through "testing the water" as a group, and are at a similar point as they were with Cold Vein in cohesiveness. Vast said it himself, they "didn't want to be pushed". Listening to Melodious Monk, it sounds like he could do justice on the boards.

Vordul's sounding focused, and Vast seems eager. I'm really looking forward to this.

Young Gun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 10:29 PM   #33
RAW-TASTE
PRODIGAL SUN

RAW-TASTE crouching tiger

Quote:
Originally Posted by OntheHorizon View Post
I could care less about this if EL isn't producing it. Vordul was okay but Vast was always annoying to me, I always considered Can Ox the biggest waste of beats ever next to Group Home
this

i dont listen to EL-P or any of def jux stuff much tbh but the cold vein being a classic had a lot to do with el-p's production meshing perfectly with the shit can ox came out with. can ox's other stuff isn't worth listening to unless you a big fan of theirs. unless they coming out wit a cold vein 2 with el-p i dont think it'll be worth checking out. just to see if they can make magic again cuz they overachieved big time with cold vein
RAW-TASTE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 08:08 AM   #34
PANDA PISS
I Radiate Distinction

PANDA PISS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)PANDA PISS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)PANDA PISS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)PANDA PISS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)PANDA PISS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)PANDA PISS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)PANDA PISS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)PANDA PISS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)PANDA PISS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)PANDA PISS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)PANDA PISS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Vast Aire is in my top 5, seriously who spits like that? hes a fucking genius.

take your heads out of your asses, this won't be cold vein but its still gonna shit on everything else.
Old 12-03-2012, 10:22 AM   #35
Jutzu-Lo-Killer
THE WU IS OVER

Jutzu-Lo-Killer Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Jutzu-Lo-Killer Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Jutzu-Lo-Killer Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Jutzu-Lo-Killer Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Jutzu-Lo-Killer Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Jutzu-Lo-Killer Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Jutzu-Lo-Killer Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Jutzu-Lo-Killer Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Jutzu-Lo-Killer Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Jutzu-Lo-Killer Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Jutzu-Lo-Killer Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

this is great news!! raw ish comin'
Jutzu-Lo-Killer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 04:15 PM   #36
Young Gun
PRODIGAL SUN

Young Gun prodigal sonYoung Gun prodigal sonYoung Gun prodigal sonYoung Gun prodigal sonYoung Gun prodigal sonYoung Gun prodigal son

Quote:
Vast Aire is in my top 5, seriously who spits like that? hes a fucking genius.

take your heads out of your asses, this won't be cold vein but its still gonna shit on everything else.
Word! Expect the unexpected. I'd personally replace Vast with Vordul, but that's all preference. When listening to Vordul, it feels like I'm walking blocks along with him in the vivid pictures he paints. His style/message draw me in like no other. I can relate to much of what he says.

Last edited by Young Gun; 12-03-2012 at 04:21 PM.
Old 12-04-2012, 07:02 AM   #37
Young Gun
PRODIGAL SUN

Teaser

Old 12-09-2012, 08:34 AM   #38
Young Gun
PRODIGAL SUN

From XXL:

Vast Aire Talks Relationship With Vordul Mega, New Can Ox Album and Issues With El-P

http://www.xxlmag.com/features/2012/...ues-with-el-p/

Last edited by Young Gun; 12-09-2012 at 10:08 AM.
Old 12-09-2012, 10:06 AM   #39
TheFunkyDrummer
Veteran Member

TheFunkyDrummer fist of furyTheFunkyDrummer fist of furyTheFunkyDrummer fist of furyTheFunkyDrummer fist of furyTheFunkyDrummer fist of furyTheFunkyDrummer fist of furyTheFunkyDrummer fist of furyTheFunkyDrummer fist of furyTheFunkyDrummer fist of furyTheFunkyDrummer fist of furyTheFunkyDrummer fist of fury

Quote:
Originally Posted by Young Gun View Post
From XXL:

Vast Aire Talks Relationship With Vordul Mega, New Can Ox Album and Issues With El-P

http://www.xxlmag.com/features/2012/...ues-with-el-p/
Thanks. I'm reading it right now.

El-P rather works with average rappers like Killer Mike when he can work with artists that delivered a legendary record like Cold Vein.

El-P made Cold Vein what it is? You are forgetting about Vast Aire's style of rapping that was unique, Vordul and him were amazing on that album and the chemistry between them was perfect.

I already know responses that people are going to bitch about this album regardless if it's going to be the best shit out at that moment or not. This will destroy R.A.P. Music and Cancer 4 Cure.
Old 12-09-2012, 10:21 AM   #40
Young Gun
PRODIGAL SUN

Quote:
Originally Posted by THE GENIUS View Post
Thanks. I'm reading it right now.

El-P rather works with average rappers like Killer Mike when he can work with artists that delivered a legendary record like Cold Vein.

El-P made Cold Vein what it is? You are forgetting about Vast Aire's style of rapping that was unique, Vordul and him were amazing on that album and the chemistry between them was perfect.

I already know responses that people are going to bitch about this album regardless if it's going to be the best shit out at that moment or not. This will destroy R.A.P. Music and Cancer 4 Cure.
Hell, it's already started- and we haven't even heard one single!

I feel like fans of Cannibal Ox or Vordul/Vast as solo artists, will appreciate this album. But of course, El-P fans are gonna weigh in. I can dig his production style, but his solo work and work after Cold Vein hasn't really grabbed me, personally.

Vordul and Vast know good music, especially when paired, and strike me as your regular cats you'd see on the block with a love for hip hop- they aren't gonna let their fan base down. El-P strikes me as being a pompous asshole/control freak, it's no wonder the 2006 album didn't work out.

Now that they've established IGC a bit, I having a feeling there'll be a lot of ill shit droppin for 2013.

Old 12-10-2012, 08:10 AM   #41
Young Gun
PRODIGAL SUN

I found these to be interesting:

How is what you are saying on this album going to be different? Todayís New York rap landscape is very different from 11 years ago.

Again, we make lanes. We donít fall in. You understand? We carved a niche out and made a lane for ourselves. Was we interested in what was going on 10 years ago? I doubt it. Some of it was cool, some of it wasnít. Are we interested now? Like I said, some of it is cool, some of it isnít. You know, at the end of the day, we are just gonna do us. Itís real. Itís honest. Itís intellectual. Itís raw. And we are not faking. We donít have to sound like something we are not or try to be. We are just ourselves at the end of the day. And thatís what hip-hop taught us to be. Hip-hop taught me to be myself. Run-DMC were themselves. De La Soul were themselves. Organized Konfusion was themselves. Mobb Deep was themselves. And Cannibal Ox is themselves. At the end of the day, thatís our secret. The secret is that we are ourselves. And we are not trying to be nothing else. If I fought five dudes from the streets for my life, thatís what I did.

Some fans and critics say you have more lyrical depth and a stronger delivery than Mega. Do you have any thoughts about that?

I think thatís neither here or there. Thatís a personís opinion. And what they perceive to be, itís deep, because Vordul Mega is not the oneóhe will eat you alive. [Laughs] That man is a beast on the mic. Why else do we have a magic together? Because we feed off of each other. So, you know, thatís a personís perception. Respect to them. They have their reasons to have their opinion. But in my opinion, the dude is my brother and my partner. Heís an animal. His poetry is some of the illest in a while. Like, if I was to compare him to two other people, I would probably say Breezley Brewin of the Juggaknots and MF Doom. Vordul Mega is retardedóI didnít mean to offend anybody. [Laughs]

Last edited by Young Gun; 12-10-2012 at 08:13 AM.
Old 12-10-2012, 08:19 PM   #42
DR. NICK RIVIERA
Hello, everybody!

DR. NICK RIVIERA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)DR. NICK RIVIERA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)DR. NICK RIVIERA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)DR. NICK RIVIERA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)DR. NICK RIVIERA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)DR. NICK RIVIERA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)DR. NICK RIVIERA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)DR. NICK RIVIERA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)DR. NICK RIVIERA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)DR. NICK RIVIERA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)DR. NICK RIVIERA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

I like El-P's efforts this year, and Killer Mike is an average lyricist, but a hell of a rapper in the whole package....so y the hate? =) We don't know how this is going to pan out, but there isn't a project those two made, that was better/same as Cold Vein, or C4C, or RAP Music.

El-P is more of a musician than Can Ox, so let's see if they can make something that appeals to more people than just Can Ox fans.
Old 12-10-2012, 08:36 PM   #43
PANDA PISS
I Radiate Distinction

heat as far as i can tell is trashing 'rap music' to be contrary. either that or hes a fucking retard. El-P made a classic southern fried production and killer mike went off.

El-P basically only makes classic albums because he won't put out anything thats trash. Based on Can O's solo work, they generally don't have amazing taste in production.
Old 12-10-2012, 09:16 PM   #44
CEITEDMOFO
DuncanHine Monument Cakes

CEITEDMOFO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)CEITEDMOFO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)CEITEDMOFO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)CEITEDMOFO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)CEITEDMOFO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)CEITEDMOFO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)CEITEDMOFO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)CEITEDMOFO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)CEITEDMOFO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)CEITEDMOFO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)CEITEDMOFO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Quote:
heat as far as i can tell is trashing 'rap music' to be contrary. either that or hes a fucking retard. El-P made a classic southern fried production and killer mike went off.

CEITEDMOFO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 09:39 PM   #45
check two
N.I.

check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)

Cody's mustache

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlesJones View Post
I know black men want sex often and when they don't get it when they want it, they'll find a woman who will give them sex. Sex is the reason why most black couples don't stay together long.
check two is offline   Reply With Quote