news
wu-tang clan
bio's
media
store
blogs
forum
contact

Go Back   Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan > The Elements > Wu-Tang Chamber

Old 11-19-2012, 06:46 PM   #1
TheFunkyDrummer
Veteran Member

TheFunkyDrummer fist of furyTheFunkyDrummer fist of furyTheFunkyDrummer fist of furyTheFunkyDrummer fist of furyTheFunkyDrummer fist of furyTheFunkyDrummer fist of furyTheFunkyDrummer fist of furyTheFunkyDrummer fist of furyTheFunkyDrummer fist of furyTheFunkyDrummer fist of furyTheFunkyDrummer fist of fury
Default Underrated GZA verse from Iron Flag

I'm not talking about his mindblowing verse on Back In The Game but about Babies. Extremely clever shit:

You're just worms in the worst part of the apple that's rotten
You squirm and you turn from the right, still plottin
All slimy cause you stay grimy, petty crimey cat
You sometime me, don't need to remind me about
Livin in the core, with the scramblers in front of the store
The bum holdin the door, the mugginExplaing no one saw
We played ball in the alley where dope was shot raw
And the school they kept flawed, plus the lowest test scores
Small percentage determined to strengthen they position
Transformation from critical to, stable condition
But it still be obstacles on niggas that's optical
Watchin you like salt-water sharks that's tropical
The money was the root and it's the instinct to make it
With they pockets and fridge naked, many aim to take it
Whether - hold up, set up, stabbin or a wet up
Just to know it was the kid next door fizzucked your head up
Once he fell short, frequently visit the courts
And for some, another way out, is music and sports
That's why I, keep the rhyme just as fly as a shot
That won the championship, with just oh on the clock
Old 11-19-2012, 06:48 PM   #2
UNCLE RUCKUS
Fearless Vampire Killer

UNCLE RUCKUS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)UNCLE RUCKUS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)UNCLE RUCKUS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)UNCLE RUCKUS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)UNCLE RUCKUS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)UNCLE RUCKUS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)UNCLE RUCKUS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)UNCLE RUCKUS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)UNCLE RUCKUS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)UNCLE RUCKUS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)UNCLE RUCKUS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)
Send a message via AIM to UNCLE RUCKUS

C'mon this is common knowledge
UNCLE RUCKUS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 06:55 PM   #3
TheFunkyDrummer
Veteran Member

TheFunkyDrummer fist of furyTheFunkyDrummer fist of furyTheFunkyDrummer fist of furyTheFunkyDrummer fist of furyTheFunkyDrummer fist of furyTheFunkyDrummer fist of furyTheFunkyDrummer fist of furyTheFunkyDrummer fist of furyTheFunkyDrummer fist of furyTheFunkyDrummer fist of furyTheFunkyDrummer fist of fury

Quote:
Originally Posted by UNCLE RUCKUS View Post
C'mon this is common knowledge
Post some verses from other artist(s) that are on this level. I think you forgot some things since you responded 2 minutes after I made this thread. It seems very simple with one meaning, but I know if he used more difficult words people would notice it quicker. That's why I also like it, it seems so simple, really it isn't.

Last edited by TheFunkyDrummer; 11-19-2012 at 06:58 PM.
TheFunkyDrummer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 06:59 PM   #4
Don Universo
OB4 Iron Flag Niggas

Don Universo iron monkeyDon Universo iron monkeyDon Universo iron monkey

Sadly(on this site) the whole fuckin album is underrated.
Old 11-19-2012, 07:31 PM   #5
Sparrow Daene
PRODIGAL SUN

Sparrow Daene five deadly venomsSparrow Daene five deadly venomsSparrow Daene five deadly venomsSparrow Daene five deadly venomsSparrow Daene five deadly venomsSparrow Daene five deadly venomsSparrow Daene five deadly venomsSparrow Daene five deadly venomsSparrow Daene five deadly venoms

^ it deserves to be. there's no need for trackmasters production, and who the fuck is nick 'fury' loftin? or the better question is what is he doing producing on a wtc album?

the back in the game verse is great tho. so is the dashing verse
Sparrow Daene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 07:39 PM   #6
josborne3680
Peace CT

josborne3680 drunken mastajosborne3680 drunken masta

I think I read RZA say that Nick Fury guy used to sell weed or suttin. Either way his beat was weak and generic. The Trackmasters beat was decent I thought. GZA was on point on the few tracks he was on. This is their weakest album though since I have to pick one. Peace
josborne3680 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 08:39 PM   #7
TheFunkyDrummer
Veteran Member

Agreed, didn't like Iron Flag that much either. Still a ok release but personally I think it's their worst mostly because of the production. I heard something like they had to pay a huge sum of cash for that Back In The Game trash beat and there were some problems about that.
Old 11-19-2012, 08:43 PM   #8
racist randy
Banned

racist randy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)racist randy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)racist randy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)racist randy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)racist randy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)racist randy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)racist randy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)racist randy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)racist randy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)racist randy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)racist randy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)
Send a message via AIM to racist randy

Niggas will hate just because it was trackmasters, if it said true master y'all would force yourselves to like it. That track was hot. Gza's verse on back in the game was WOW. But Deck & Rae owned that LP. and yes that Gza verse posted is fire. Legend of The Liquid Swords was a dope follow up to this.
racist randy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 09:08 PM   #9
Tecknowledgist
PUTYOMONEYWHEREYOMOUTHIZ

Tecknowledgist Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Tecknowledgist Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Tecknowledgist Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Tecknowledgist Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Tecknowledgist Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Tecknowledgist Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Tecknowledgist Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Tecknowledgist Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Tecknowledgist Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Tecknowledgist Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Tecknowledgist Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollow Dartz View Post
Niggas will hate just because it was trackmasters, if it said true master y'all would force yourselves to like it.
word the fuck up. so glad i escaped outta this mentality lol
Tecknowledgist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 09:13 PM   #10
the silencer
king disguised as beggar.

the silencer Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)the silencer Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)the silencer Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)the silencer Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)the silencer Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)the silencer Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)the silencer Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)the silencer Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)the silencer Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)the silencer Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)the silencer Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

regardless of the quality of the album, the verse is dope...

every Gza verse on that album is fire ("from dark matter to the big crunch/ the vocals came in a bunch without one punch") just like most Gza verses before his flow/delivery started lacking energy

having said that, his verse on Babies is a standout for sure, that whole track is classic, Ghost also spins a crazy story with verbal flavor

"The middle of a bathroom, they find an old lady
No clothes,
Half of her tongue, ear missing
the killer had to be mad smart he wore mittens
Even tho her leg was bitten
Crackheads point the finger at De-tective Slick Morris Gittens"

if it's underrated it's only cuz of the album it's on
Old 11-19-2012, 09:18 PM   #11
racist randy
Banned

racist randy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)racist randy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)racist randy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)racist randy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)racist randy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)racist randy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)racist randy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)racist randy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)racist randy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)racist randy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)racist randy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)
Send a message via AIM to racist randy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tecknowledgist View Post
word the fuck up. so glad i escaped outta this mentality lol
True shit. From 04-08' I had the same mentality.
racist randy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 12:03 PM   #12
soob
PRODIGAL SUN

soob prodigal sonsoob prodigal sonsoob prodigal sonsoob prodigal sonsoob prodigal sonsoob prodigal son

Everybody knows GZA is the best lyrical rapper in Wu and my Top ever next to Killah Priest.
He never gives a weak verse
soob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 12:26 PM   #13
TheFunkyDrummer
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollow Dartz View Post
Niggas will hate just because it was trackmasters, if it said true master y'all would force yourselves to like it.
Personally not hating on it because of Trackmasters, cause I do like some of their early work in the 90s like The Message and Affirmative Action from It Was Written. I just thought Back In The Game beat was really horrible, doesn't matter to me if it's RZA, True Master or Trackmasters. I do think there are people who are hating on it because it's them producing. I just think the sample game and drums were really corny.
Old 11-20-2012, 12:34 PM   #14
UNCLE RUCKUS
Fearless Vampire Killer

UNCLE RUCKUS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)UNCLE RUCKUS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)UNCLE RUCKUS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)UNCLE RUCKUS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)UNCLE RUCKUS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)UNCLE RUCKUS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)UNCLE RUCKUS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)UNCLE RUCKUS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)UNCLE RUCKUS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)UNCLE RUCKUS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)UNCLE RUCKUS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)
Send a message via AIM to UNCLE RUCKUS

Quote:
Originally Posted by THE GENIUS View Post
Post some verses from other artist(s) that are on this level. I think you forgot some things since you responded 2 minutes after I made this thread. It seems very simple with one meaning, but I know if he used more difficult words people would notice it quicker. That's why I also like it, it seems so simple, really it isn't.
Huh? I wasnt saying Gza's verse was simple but that I thought people regarded this as a dope verse, I dont get what youre saying thats so deep here
UNCLE RUCKUS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 12:40 PM   #15
TheFunkyDrummer
Veteran Member

Ok sorry I misunderstood then. I never really saw people mentioning this that's why.