news
wu-tang clan
bio's
media
store
blogs
forum
contact

Go Back   Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan > The Elements > Hip-Hop Shop

Old 12-03-2012, 07:53 PM   #1
IronSheik
The Birth Of A Prince

IronSheik five deadly venomsIronSheik five deadly venomsIronSheik five deadly venomsIronSheik five deadly venomsIronSheik five deadly venomsIronSheik five deadly venomsIronSheik five deadly venomsIronSheik five deadly venomsIronSheik five deadly venomsIronSheik five deadly venoms
Send a message via AIM to IronSheik Send a message via Skype™ to IronSheik
Question Nas: Ether [Original "Malicious" Version]

Interesting: Large Pro said there was a more "Malicious" version produced by Swizz Beatz & featured the line, "It should've been you in that plane crash" (referring to the plane crash Aaliyah died in)

Apparently the original version of “Ether” made by Nas, was much more agressive and harsher than the one we have all heard. And obviously it has even better lines than the original.

Because Colombia asked him up to 3 times to edit the songs, that is probably the big reason why in certain points of Ether sounds like Nas is filling in spaces with saying things like “cock a fella” and “gay-Z”. I don’t know first hand but this all makes sense because it seems that he was replacing those words with something he had to take out.

And Colombia is probably the reason why people who think “Takeover” is better, constantly bring up the “gay” and “cock” lines that Nas slightly over did it with to make it seem like he lost the battle.

Here's an interview from Fat Joe before Ether was released in 2001 addressing lyrics that were cut from the original song:

AHH: One thing that just came up today, Nas apparently has a response to Jay Z’s “The Takeover” on his upcoming album, which implicates you and Pun and includes the lyrics: “Call yourself gangsta but you were begging for pardon that night in Carbon when Terror Squad flipped on your squadron tried to front on their checks till Pun put a gun to your chest.”

Fat Joe: We gotta hear it but damn, what a way to put me right in the middle of the beef huh? We don’t comment on that, that’s old news. Like I said all the negative energy all that sht you can throw that out the window.
Nas is crazy. No question that we are allies with Nas Escobar. We love Nas. I almost named my son after Nas. As far as him and Jay Z with the beef: that’s they stuff. Until somebody tries to involve me in that sht, that’s it. I ain’t got no problem with the whole Rocafella. It’s well documented. Everybody keeps trying to get me to talk about that sh*t in every interview. Why don’t they ask Jay Z that stuff? I read his interveiws, nobody asks him. If you interview him, ask him.
Old 12-03-2012, 08:28 PM   #2
SKAMPOE
big wooly mammoth

SKAMPOE King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)SKAMPOE King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)SKAMPOE King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)SKAMPOE King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)SKAMPOE King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)SKAMPOE King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)SKAMPOE King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)SKAMPOE King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)SKAMPOE King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)SKAMPOE King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)SKAMPOE King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)
Send a message via Skype™ to SKAMPOE

damn, id like t hear that
Old 12-04-2012, 09:17 PM   #3
Cesar
Veteran Member

Cesar prodigal sonCesar prodigal sonCesar prodigal sonCesar prodigal sonCesar prodigal sonCesar prodigal son

I hope the original didn't get deleted and one day it gets leaked. I read that interview back in 01 from Fat Joe but never knew about that plane crash line till now.
Cesar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 02:15 AM   #4
Dirty Knowledge
I Already Won

Dirty Knowledge five deadly venomsDirty Knowledge five deadly venomsDirty Knowledge five deadly venomsDirty Knowledge five deadly venomsDirty Knowledge five deadly venomsDirty Knowledge five deadly venomsDirty Knowledge five deadly venomsDirty Knowledge five deadly venomsDirty Knowledge five deadly venomsDirty Knowledge five deadly venoms

damn

^ KYLE WILLIAMS POOPS THE BED ^
Dirty Knowledge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 05:41 AM   #5
claaa7
Killer Bob

claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

this would be great to hear.. the way some tracks fans have thought were lost forever that are popping up on the net these days there's a very good chance we'll get to hear it eventually.

suprised that the beat was supposedly different too, never heard about that 1 before. Swizz got a whole lot of bullshit beats, but when he nails it, he REALLY nails it so if this was one of those cases i would love to hear it.

daily updates: news, articles, reviews, the best compilations on the net. that true skool street hop!

r.i.p. Johan D, Kaddu, Ricke a.k.a. "Slick Rick" and the rest of the fallen soldiers - you'll never be forgotten!
claaa7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 06:28 AM   #6
SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS
AKA THE PROTO-CHAOS

SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

damn sounds dope to me

NON IGNORANT...

SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 02:42 PM   #7
Osi
respect

Osi shaolin monk

On Rapgenius

So you call yourself god mc... J-hova\
drunk the glass of blasphemy & forgot to pray over\
your games over\ crossed the warpath of a brave soldier\
you`re a makeover\ my protege trying to takeover\
I was the shepherd that led you\ But you bit the hand that fed you\
mad cause since I met you i never did respect you\ and as hard as it seems\ you know that I fathered your dreams\
you was a groupie always begging to be part of my team\
another case of a boy and his teacher\
I was the first to poison your speakers\
so kill all that noise that your preaching\
I understand\ all your plans to underhand\
aired threats of you pullin my card next summerjam\
let me make this clear hova\ You had my left overs\
she told me your little problem of the day when you slept over\
but that`s another subject homey\ ***** you phony\
I`m coming to collect the debt from the years that you owe me\
so what you capitalized... only cause i allowed\
I`m taking aim at your dome\ and reclaiming my throne\
"Who said I that i aint still nasty"

Verse 2:

How you planned on facing\ the half man half-amazing\
Don`t need a fam, Nas is a one man invasion\
claim you hot but you flopped with your roc-familia\ cause real recognize real and you`re not familiar\
call yourself gangsta but you were begging for pardon\
that night in carbon\ when terror squad flipped on your squadron\
Tried to front on their checks\ till pun put a gun to your chest\
You said it yourself dog, Nas is one of the best\
Don`t need to search for some dirt to expose you\
I leave it up to the flow dispose you\ when i oppose you\
This is it I`m calling ya\ come out and play like "warriors"\
studied my blueprint then pieced together your formula\
Guess the knowledge I speak too deep to follow\
that`s why your stomach to weak to swallow\ The real truth
that Nas is\ the greates of all timers\
f*** skeletons, keep only weaponry in my closets

http://rapgenius.com/discussions/604...p-lyrical-shit

Ignore all the bullshit at the bottom
Old 12-11-2012, 04:52 PM   #8
TheFunkyDrummer
Veteran Member

TheFunkyDrummer fist of furyTheFunkyDrummer fist of furyTheFunkyDrummer fist of furyTheFunkyDrummer fist of furyTheFunkyDrummer fist of furyTheFunkyDrummer fist of furyTheFunkyDrummer fist of furyTheFunkyDrummer fist of furyTheFunkyDrummer fist of furyTheFunkyDrummer fist of furyTheFunkyDrummer fist of fury

Sounds like Nas, someone a link?
Old 12-11-2012, 06:38 PM   #9
Ghost In The 'Lac
crushed out heavenly

Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osi View Post
On Rapgenius

So you call yourself god mc... J-hova\
drunk the glass of blasphemy & forgot to pray over\
your games over\ crossed the warpath of a brave soldier\
you`re a makeover\ my protege trying to takeover\
I was the shepherd that led you\ But you bit the hand that fed you\
mad cause since I met you i never did respect you\ and as hard as it seems\ you know that I fathered your dreams\
you was a groupie always begging to be part of my team\
another case of a boy and his teacher\
I was the first to poison your speakers\
so kill all that noise that your preaching\
I understand\ all your plans to underhand\
aired threats of you pullin my card next summerjam\
let me make this clear hova\ You had my left overs\
she told me your little problem of the day when you slept over\
but that`s another subject homey\ ***** you phony\
I`m coming to collect the debt from the years that you owe me\
so what you capitalized... only cause i allowed\
I`m taking aim at your dome\ and reclaiming my throne\
"Who said I that i aint still nasty"

Verse 2:

How you planned on facing\ the half man half-amazing\
Don`t need a fam, Nas is a one man invasion\
claim you hot but you flopped with your roc-familia\ cause real recognize real and you`re not familiar\
call yourself gangsta but you were begging for pardon\
that night in carbon\ when terror squad flipped on your squadron\
Tried to front on their checks\ till pun put a gun to your chest\
You said it yourself dog, Nas is one of the best\
Don`t need to search for some dirt to expose you\
I leave it up to the flow dispose you\ when i oppose you\
This is it I`m calling ya\ come out and play like "warriors"\
studied my blueprint then pieced together your formula\
Guess the knowledge I speak too deep to follow\
that`s why your stomach to weak to swallow\ The real truth
that Nas is\ the greates of all timers\
f*** skeletons, keep only weaponry in my closets

http://rapgenius.com/discussions/604...p-lyrical-shit

Ignore all the bullshit at the bottom
That's about 200x better than Ether that came out. Jigga won that battle.
Old 12-22-2012, 12:06 PM   #10
CharlesJones
Veteran Member

CharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of fury

I would like to hear the original Ether. LOL@you think Jay-Z won their battle. Ether killed Jay-Z. Nas is a better rapper than him.
CharlesJones is offline   Reply With Quote