news
wu-tang clan
bio's
media
store
blogs
forum
contact

Go Back   Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan > The Elements > Hip-Hop Shop

Old 12-15-2012, 07:00 PM   #1
noel411
The ABBOTT

noel411 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)noel411 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)noel411 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)noel411 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)noel411 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)noel411 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)noel411 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)noel411 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)noel411 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)noel411 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)noel411 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)
Default The Chronic is Massively Overrated...

imo.

It wouldn't even be in my top 20 west coast albums. Maybe not even close if I actually thought about it. I love the NWA albums, Cube's early albums, Eazy-Duz-It, Doggystyle, Dogg Food, even Regulate if you want to throw that in the mix, but The Chronic has just never been particularly memorable to me. It's a good album, but that's about it.

That's all. I just thought I'd share that. You now have the opportunity to comment on it if you'd like to. You don't have to though. You could just leave the thread in silence. I won't hold it against you.
Old 12-15-2012, 07:14 PM   #2
check two
N.I.

check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)

I would always get irritated when they would censor those big breasts when that girl's bikini top got pulled down, in the Ain't nuthin but a g thang baby video.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirty Knowledge View Post
lol check 2, always bringing the funny jokes. that one made me really chuckle.
check two is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 07:33 PM   #3
Fishscale123
SCAR€CROW

Fishscale123 iron monkeyFishscale123 iron monkeyFishscale123 iron monkey

Anything from the Sac-Town makes anything that Dr. Dre made look like child's play

Black Market Records >>>>>>>>>>> Death Row
Fishscale123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 02:03 AM   #4
theheavens
Banned

theheavens Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)theheavens Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)theheavens Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)theheavens Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)theheavens Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)theheavens Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)theheavens Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)theheavens Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)theheavens Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)theheavens Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)theheavens Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

I can't believe Death Row went downhill so fast after 2pac's death. then again, people were getting tired of west coast bullshit and NY was taking their music back
theheavens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 02:06 AM   #5
sickdog
PRODIGAL SUN

sickdog iron monkeysickdog iron monkeysickdog iron monkeysickdog iron monkey

chornic is in my top 10 of westcoast albums. classick shit.
sickdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 02:27 AM   #6
hashashin
Be Seeing You

hashashin Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)hashashin Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)hashashin Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)hashashin Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)hashashin Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)hashashin Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)hashashin Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)hashashin Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)hashashin Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)hashashin Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)hashashin Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Quote:
Originally Posted by noel411 View Post
The Chronic has just never been particularly memorable to me. It's a good album, but that's about it.
Pretty much how I feel about it too, always thought it was overrated too though I get why many people regard it as a classic
hashashin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 02:56 AM   #7
muscularghandi
PRODIGAL SUN

muscularghandi prodigal sonmuscularghandi prodigal sonmuscularghandi prodigal sonmuscularghandi prodigal sonmuscularghandi prodigal sonmuscularghandi prodigal son

Couldn't agree more. Doggystyle puts Chronic to shame IMO.
muscularghandi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 04:13 AM   #8
ShaDynasty
Bad Birds That Fuck Nerds

ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)
Send a message via MSN to ShaDynasty

You guys are retards.
ShaDynasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 02:28 PM   #9
beautifulrock
BIG DOUGH KEBAB

beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

^^^seconded

While you were busy dissing Wu like a bitch ass/ I was getting served after sex breakfast/ Yeah, that BBW groupie shit/ can get you served a droopy dick/ fuck what you're speaking/ 'cause I throw W's with Puerto Ricans
beautifulrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 04:58 AM   #10
TheFunkyDrummer
Veteran Member

TheFunkyDrummer fist of furyTheFunkyDrummer fist of furyTheFunkyDrummer fist of furyTheFunkyDrummer fist of furyTheFunkyDrummer fist of furyTheFunkyDrummer fist of furyTheFunkyDrummer fist of furyTheFunkyDrummer fist of furyTheFunkyDrummer fist of furyTheFunkyDrummer fist of furyTheFunkyDrummer fist of fury

The Chronic is definitely a classic even tho I don't digg it you can tell from the influence alone. I think if it was a NY album it would not have been this succesful because that album and some others were putting Westcoast on the map

Overall I still think the album is extremely overrated.
Old 12-17-2012, 05:04 AM   #11
daffy duck
Veteran Member

daffy duck prodigal sondaffy duck prodigal sondaffy duck prodigal sondaffy duck prodigal sondaffy duck prodigal sondaffy duck prodigal son

dj quik is better than dr. dre
daffy duck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 05:17 AM   #12
Longbongcilvaringz

Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

It had huge impact.... sampled p-funk.... still sounds good today. It might not be the greatest album ever, but it's definitely a "classic" if any West Coast album is.

Dre might not be the best rapper or producer, but he was extremely influential and other West Coast classics of this period owe a lot to him.

Longbongcilvaringz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 05:23 AM   #13
Longbongcilvaringz

Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

And people like it because it comes together well as an album and is produced and mastered well....

Longbongcilvaringz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 10:20 AM   #14
CharlesJones
Veteran Member

CharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of fury

For ya'll retards who say The Chronic is overrated and Doggystyle is better, please shut the fuck up. The Chronic is one of the best westcoast albums of all time. I would put it in my top 5 westcoast albums. I still play it often. I love the songs Fuck With Dre Day, Let Me Ride, Nuthin But A G Thing, Deez Nuts, A Nigga Witta Gun, Rat Tat Tat Tat, Lyrical Gangbang, High Powered, Stranded On Death Row, Bitches Ain't Shit. There really isn't one bad song on there. The skits are funny too. I wish the song Puffin On Blunts And Drankin Tanqueray was on there. That's a hard song. I like Kurupt's lyrics when he said i don't drink no fucking VSOP. I drink that muthafucking OG OE LOL. Lady Of Rage's lyrics are hard on there also. Daz should've been left off that song. Dr Dre, Snoop, RBX could've taken Daz's spot. Chronic album cover is classic too.

Too bad his Chronic 2001 album isn't as good as the first one. To the person who said DJ Quik is better than Dre, i don't think so. Dre was in one of the hardest groups of all time which is NWA and he's produced a lot of good rappers and done good solo music. I just be mad at him sometimes because he hasn't released a lot of solo albums and he should've put out some more after the first Chronic because he made his fans wait too long for Chronic 2001.
CharlesJones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 10:23 AM   #15
Apocalypse
PRODIGAL SUN

Apocalypse prodigal sonApocalypse prodigal sonApocalypse prodigal sonApocalypse prodigal sonApocalypse prodigal sonApocalypse prodigal son

chronic iz a classic...
Apocalypse is offline   Reply With Quote