news
wu-tang clan
bio's
media
store
blogs
forum
contact

Go Back   Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan > The Elements > General Chat

View Poll Results: Do you think CDs will become obsolete one day?
No 1 11.11%
Yes, before the year 2020 4 44.44%
Yes, by 2020 1 11.11%
Yes, after the year 2020 3 33.33%
Voters: 9. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-29-2012, 03:52 AM   #16
LORD NOSE
The Smell of The Future

LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

8 track tapes and old 78 speed records with the wood in the middle are obsolete - people still rock cassettes,vinyl,and CDs - you got your answer - close thread
Old 12-29-2012, 04:49 AM   #17
Crackhead Bob
Lesbian Flamingo

Crackhead Bob Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Crackhead Bob Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Crackhead Bob Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Crackhead Bob Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Crackhead Bob Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Crackhead Bob Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Crackhead Bob Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Crackhead Bob Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Crackhead Bob Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Crackhead Bob Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Crackhead Bob Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Just because people still use something, that doesn't necessarily mean it isn't obsolete. Indian people still shit in a hole in the ground. Do we need cds? Absolutely not. They are big, bulky, they scratch easily, and are one of the biggest polluters on the planet. There's no logical reason for anyone to own cds anymore. Non-physical mediums are not only better quality, but they don't need to be stored and protected from drunk niggaz with slippery fingers stealin' shit.

Crackhead Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 05:17 AM   #18
LORD NOSE
The Smell of The Future

LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

lemon juice is better for you than sprite - do we need sprite?

high fructose corn syrup
carbonated water
Franky at the factory pouring it into plastic bottles for you

shitting in a hole in the ground may be more sanitary than sitting on a hollow chair that everyone in the house also uses to plops their sweaty pulsating butt cheeks on -

CDs will be around for a while
Old 12-29-2012, 05:33 AM   #19
Crackhead Bob
Lesbian Flamingo

Crackhead Bob Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Crackhead Bob Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Crackhead Bob Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Crackhead Bob Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Crackhead Bob Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Crackhead Bob Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Crackhead Bob Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Crackhead Bob Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Crackhead Bob Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Crackhead Bob Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Crackhead Bob Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

you just made absolutely no cojent point at all.

Crackhead Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 06:55 AM   #20
hashashin
Be Seeing You

hashashin Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)hashashin Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)hashashin Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)hashashin Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)hashashin Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)hashashin Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)hashashin Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)hashashin Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)hashashin Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)hashashin Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)hashashin Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Yeah I think they will become obsolete eventually, most media is easily available digitally these days and thats clearly where it's all headed. Manufacturers will prefer that too as it saves them costs on packaging etc. Personally I prefer having physical copies of music, vinyl and cd's though digital just seems more much more convenient for most people
hashashin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 01:47 PM   #21
LORD NOSE
The Smell of The Future

Quote:
Originally Posted by beautifulrock View Post
you just made absolutely no cojent point at all.
you passionately play the Cowbell for the Spinners and I thank you for your contributions to soul music
Old 12-29-2012, 04:46 PM   #22
KERZO
☀☀☀☀☀☀☀☀☀☀

KERZO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)KERZO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)KERZO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)KERZO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)KERZO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)KERZO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)KERZO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)KERZO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)KERZO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)KERZO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)KERZO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

I used to prefer physical copies too but I can't find anywhere that will provide me with illegally downloaded music on floppy discs.

KERZO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 09:29 PM   #23
theheavens
Banned

theheavens Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)theheavens Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)theheavens Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)theheavens Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)theheavens Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)theheavens Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)theheavens Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)theheavens Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)theheavens Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)theheavens Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)theheavens Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

the art cover and booklet is part of the whole package, but this generation is gay as fuck, so whatever

the only thing gayer is kindle books
theheavens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 10:55 AM   #24
Uncle Steezo
Gen Chat Bully

Uncle Steezo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Uncle Steezo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Uncle Steezo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Uncle Steezo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Uncle Steezo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Uncle Steezo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Uncle Steezo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Uncle Steezo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Uncle Steezo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Uncle Steezo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Uncle Steezo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

cds degrade rather quickly. digital media degrades every time its opened.
Uncle Steezo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 12:17 PM   #25
GZAjector
Hero From the Sky

GZAjector Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)GZAjector Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)GZAjector Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)GZAjector Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)GZAjector Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)GZAjector Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)GZAjector Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)GZAjector Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)GZAjector Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)GZAjector Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)GZAjector Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

who got that wu-tang laserdisc
Old 12-31-2012, 02:52 PM   #26
WallyG
CHICKEN HEAD

WallyG grasshopper

Okay, maybe some of ya'll got confused when I said 'obsolete'. I meant it in terms of selling in the market. Technology is so advanced right now that everything is becoming digital and software programs are the way of things. You can even get a 3 TB external HDD for storage. That's how much technology has advanced. Now unlike books and magazines even with apps and e-books available, I think CDs will become obsolete with iTunes and Sony Entertainment offering unlimited music available for download. Vinyls, imo, will be rare, but remain.
WallyG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 06:18 PM   #27
Obey
Fuck your respect

Obey shaolin monk

But surely you'll still need the external data without the internet. Otherwise how would we listen to shit in the car or watch a movie. Until every appliance accesses the net your theory cant work

Posted from Wutang-corp.com App for Android
Cause battlin' me is like fightin' a gorilla in a phone booth
Obey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 05:16 AM   #28
KERZO
☀☀☀☀☀☀☀☀☀☀

KERZO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)KERZO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)KERZO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)KERZO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)KERZO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)KERZO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)KERZO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)KERZO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)KERZO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)KERZO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)KERZO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Yeah Obey, third world countries will still have to use walkmans and flintstone type record players but the rest of use can use ipods hooked up to our mp3 car stereos.

KERZO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 08:56 AM   #29
Obey
Fuck your respect

Obey shaolin monk

I dont think your brain understands what i mean Mr dead forum
Obey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 09:39 AM   #30
TheFunkyDrummer
Veteran Member

TheFunkyDrummer fist of furyTheFunkyDrummer fist of furyTheFunkyDrummer fist of furyTheFunkyDrummer fist of furyTheFunkyDrummer fist of furyTheFunkyDrummer fist of furyTheFunkyDrummer fist of furyTheFunkyDrummer fist of furyTheFunkyDrummer fist of furyTheFunkyDrummer fist of furyTheFunkyDrummer fist of fury

Ofcourse everything will become digital in the near future, but I think there will always be a market for CD's just look at vinyl's, it's still selling. CD was supposed to replace vinyl, and I would take a vinyl anyday over CD's. If there is still people willing to buy then I don't think it will disappear.