news
wu-tang clan
bio's
media
store
blogs
forum
contact

Go Back   Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan > The Elements > Know The Ledge

Old 09-23-2005, 03:39 PM   #1
PHI.1.618

Default Bible Textbook for Public Schools Planned .......

Quote:
Sep 22, 2005 An interfaith group is releasing a new textbook aimed at teaching public high school students about the Bible while avoiding legal and religious disputes.

The nonprofit Bible Literacy Project of Fairfax, Va., spent five years and $2 million developing "The Bible and Its Influence." The textbook, to be introduced at a Washington news conference, won initial endorsements from experts in literature, religion and church-state law. -cont-
Link: http://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory?id=1149616&page=1

* Wow, this tells me that this country is getting dumber as we speak. -sigh, of all the religions Christianity's the most annoying ..
Old 09-23-2005, 04:19 PM   #2
LHX
healthy merking

LHX drunken mastaLHX drunken masta
Send a message via MSN to LHX
Default Re: Bible Textbook for Public Schools Planned .......

http://www.thebricktestament.com/
Old 09-23-2005, 04:49 PM   #3
tajeco
Natureal

tajeco drunken mastatajeco drunken mastatajeco drunken masta

Is this supposed to be the alternative explanation to evolution? BTW, Bush said he hasn't made up his mind yet about Evolution. You know there are actually people who don't believe in dinosaurs. Why would scientists ans paleontologists make this stuff up? They wouldn't, people who write books make shit up.

"This is my book, take a look, see if it grabs your attention, with a hook, the queen took the rook, into a new dimension" Tajeco
tajeco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2005, 05:31 PM   #4
LHX
healthy merking

LHX drunken mastaLHX drunken masta
Send a message via MSN to LHX

carl everett does not believe in dinosaurs
Old 09-23-2005, 06:11 PM   #5
Machete
Black Dragon

Machete drunken mastaMachete drunken masta

it's good for the so called atheists who never even opened a bible. <- that type of people remind me of children who say dey don't like a certain food, when they never tried it.
Old 09-23-2005, 08:33 PM   #6
tajeco
Natureal

tajeco drunken mastatajeco drunken mastatajeco drunken masta

Carl Everett thinks he's hott shit, actually he is, a steaming turd. I say that not because of his beliefs, but because of his attitude as a baseball player. He might be cool though, but not if he doesn't believe in dinosaurs. White Sox have a chance to reach the playoffs this year.

"This is my book, take a look, see if it grabs your attention, with a hook, the queen took the rook, into a new dimension" Tajeco
tajeco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2005, 11:11 PM   #7
Koolish
Don't Mess With It

Koolish drunken mastaKoolish drunken masta
Default Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by Machete
it's good for the so called atheists who never even opened a bible. <- that type of people remind me of children who say dey don't like a certain food, when they never tried it.
you know what, even though i'm Christian, i don't think reading a Bible will convert someone. most people who are Atheist have a closed mind on the subject, so they (most likely) will read the Bible only to criticize it.

Biblical scripture requires a spiritual connection to help you better understand it (from my religious perspective), and so it will be interpreted entirely differently from a critical or skeptical point of view. and i've seen this.
________
Yamaha Yzf-R6 History

Last edited by Koolish; 03-24-2011 at 11:48 AM.
Koolish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2005, 10:32 AM   #8
Mumm Ra
God's Replica

Mumm Ra Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Mumm Ra Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Mumm Ra Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Mumm Ra Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Mumm Ra Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Mumm Ra Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Mumm Ra Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Mumm Ra Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Mumm Ra Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Mumm Ra Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Mumm Ra Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Kinda like how christians seemingly have closed minds to everything but their religion? athiests and christians are one and the same to me....dealing with unfounded (dis)beLIEfs both ways. Anyways, the subject of having bible textbooks in public classrooms disgusts me.
Old 02-27-2013, 09:37 AM   #9
LORD NOSE
The Smell of The Future

LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

should teach them how to be competent workers and how to pay bills cause that's what their futures gonna be

proper diet and hygiene

how to raise children

agriculture

what else should be mandatory teachings for the future children in a new right and just world ?