news
wu-tang clan
bio's
media
store
blogs
forum
contact

Go Back   Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan > The Elements > Know The Ledge

Old 11-07-2005, 03:59 AM   #1
cd
YA BIG DUMMY!!!

cd grasshopper
Default Racism + "Knowledge"

OK I have insomnia so I will go on a soapbox here. After perusing this section I am amazed at the utter ignorance here. And yes that means you. A lot of people here think they are somehow talking or typing intelligent things, when in fact the foolishness seems to know no bounds.

First we'll start with "knowledge".............

Reading something that you want to be true and spitting it back, paraphrasing it, or just copying or pasting it does not mean you are intelligent and anyone with a brain can see thru that. Reading a million things on the same side of a subject that you like, does not mean you know anything. In fact you are just making yourself ignorant. To gain any sort of knowledge in anything, you have to read extensively on the subject. From all sides. Then you have to be intelligent enough, which most aren't, to be able to sift thru all the BS and piece together what MIGHT be real. After that, you still do not know anything. Then you have to go out and see if it really applies and works in the real world.

Many things sound good on paper and people come up with outlandish stuff all the time when they isolate themselves. Also do not believe hardly anything you read. From all sides and sources. The human mind is a wonderous thing, and the thing it's best at is manipulating reality for its own gains. People completely make things up and ignore blatant facts most of the time. It is easy to come up with even the most outlandish beliefs, and make them sound great on the surface, backing them up with "statistics" and "facts' which are unbelievably simple to manipulate to one's own ends. An easy example of this to see is go to a bookstore. Go to the Political section and books on our beloved Mr. Bush. There are an endless amount of books that will explain to you what a tremendous president he is. There are an endless amount that will show how he is the most corrupt puppet of all time. EVERY SINGLE ONE of these books is backed by hundreds or thousands of "facts" and "sources". If you can't see what that really tells you, then I can't help you.

The other thing is the racism here. It's sad but after all our time here, we still can not get over our basest fears and insecurities. Every side gets upset when the other shows beliefs against the other, but yet can not see the stick in their own eye. A sad thing happens with this subject. The fact is that although those who know not, do not like to admit it or can't see it, human nature is the same in everyone. And everyone falls into the same, or similar traps. Those that suffer racism or oppression begin to form beliefs to protect themselves, but these become similar to the opressors, just a mirror image. This creates a vicious cycle.

A fact is, and you all love conspiracy theories, that one of the tools used by the elite to keep those under them in check, is to pit them against themselves. Stirring the pot of Black/ vs White is the easiest way and it works everytime. Which speaks volumes for the masses.

Some of you are sliding down a slippery slope and are becoming and forming beliefs similar to the ones that have been oppressive towards you. And you can't see this now, which is sad but hopefully you will wake up. Blackwisdom had a post here in which he stated that his reasons for studying and believing and discussing what he believes is for "upliftment of his people"...........

BW, the day you say that statment and in your heart truely believe you are talking about people without the boundaries of race or creed, is the day you have gained true knowledge.
cd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2005, 04:28 AM   #2
DisAstro
No Remorse

DisAstro grasshopper
Default Re: Racism + "knoweldge"

I have to agree - at all points. The racism thing is completly true. Making a change isnt hating those who hate(d) you, but showing that they are wrong, in a peacefull and "loving" (can't think of a better word) way.

Who had more succes: Martin Luther King or Malcom X? Who has been honoured and rememberd the most?
DisAstro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2005, 04:34 AM   #3
noel411
The ABBOTT

noel411 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)noel411 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)noel411 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)noel411 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)noel411 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)noel411 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)noel411 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)noel411 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)noel411 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)noel411 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)noel411 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

It would be nice to think the sorts of people this post concerns will actually read this, and seriously consider it before moving on, but of course that won't happen. The mindset of the people referred to in this post has them already programmed to dismiss it, and that's the saddest part. You can talk to these sorts all you want, but it will be solely decided by them the direction they choose to take. Some may come with their preset arguments for these situations, some may deliberately misinterpret what was said here, and that's where you find the problem.

They remind me of drug addicts. They know they're hurting themselves with some temporary upliftment, but they're gonna convince themselves they're doing no harm. And even if they do realise they're on the wrong track, they're gonna keep walking that path anyway. You can try to talk some sense into them, or even throw them in a clinic, but it's always gonna be up to them where their next step will take them.
Old 11-07-2005, 05:12 AM   #4
Os3y3ris
Veteran Member

Os3y3ris shaolin monk

He's correct. A lot of the posts on here are about how someone read one newspaper snippet and the entire history of the world is now false.

Madness! Combustion! Liberty and the end of all law! The invisible international! The toast is anarchy!
Os3y3ris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2005, 05:36 AM   #5
JASPER
Dr. Rosenpenis

JASPER Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)JASPER Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)JASPER Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)JASPER Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)JASPER Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)JASPER Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)JASPER Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)JASPER Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)JASPER Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)JASPER Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)JASPER Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Good topic, really good topic. I was planning on writing down something like this, but like Noel says, the people concerned already closed thier minds for crazy ideas like this.
Old 11-07-2005, 05:50 AM   #6
Welshkillabee
WelshKillaBee

Welshkillabee grasshopper

Excellent post, I have to say
Old 11-07-2005, 06:49 AM   #7
Fragmented
Tian Xia

Fragmented grasshopper

peace great thread
Fragmented is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2005, 07:23 AM   #8
Ghost In The 'Lac
crushed out heavenly

Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

^^co sign. this world is so stuffed full of shit its important new ideas and views are thrown out to make people question what theyre being told. Threadstartet sounds like hes trying to surpress free speech.
Old 11-07-2005, 07:42 AM   #9
JASPER
Dr. Rosenpenis

JASPER Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)JASPER Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)JASPER Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)JASPER Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)JASPER Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)JASPER Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)JASPER Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)JASPER Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)JASPER Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)JASPER Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)JASPER Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Nothing wrong with new ideas and views, but when they're passed off as facts it's a whole other thing.
Old 11-07-2005, 08:57 AM   #10
Ironlungz
Lu-Cipher

Ironlungz grasshopper

A very good post.

Positive Energy Activate Constant Elevation
Ironlungz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2005, 09:05 AM   #11
num2son
Kung Fu Alter Ego

num2son five deadly venomsnum2son five deadly venomsnum2son five deadly venomsnum2son five deadly venomsnum2son five deadly venomsnum2son five deadly venomsnum2son five deadly venomsnum2son five deadly venomsnum2son five deadly venoms
Send a message via AIM to num2son Send a message via MSN to num2son Send a message via Yahoo to num2son

Keep an open and aware mind.

Sig by Born Invincible
Winner of The Sports Zone Award2006
num2son is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2005, 09:37 AM   #12
JASPER
Dr. Rosenpenis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legato
have you actually looked up any of the information put forth to maybe find out if it is fact or not, or do you just claim it ass opinion because you disagree wit it?
I'm not saying somethings aren't facts, but I'm also not saying things are facts. It's just that you never know if it's actually fact, no matter how many sources you'll find.
Old 11-07-2005, 09:52 AM   #13
LHX
healthy merking

LHX drunken mastaLHX drunken masta
Send a message via MSN to LHX
Default Re: Racism + "Knowledge"

Quote:
Originally Posted by cd
OK I have insomnia so I will go on a soapbox here. After perusing this section I am amazed at the utter ignorance here. And yes that means you. A lot of people here think they are somehow talking or typing intelligent things, when in fact the foolishness seems to know no bounds.

First we'll start with "knowledge".............

Reading something that you want to be true and spitting it back, paraphrasing it, or just copying or pasting it does not mean you are intelligent and anyone with a brain can see thru that. Reading a million things on the same side of a subject that you like, does not mean you know anything. In fact you are just making yourself ignorant. To gain any sort of knowledge in anything, you have to read extensively on the subject. From all sides. Then you have to be intelligent enough, which most aren't, to be able to sift thru all the BS and piece together what MIGHT be real. After that, you still do not know anything. Then you have to go out and see if it really applies and works in the real world.

Many things sound good on paper and people come up with outlandish stuff all the time when they isolate themselves. Also do not believe hardly anything you read. From all sides and sources. The human mind is a wonderous thing, and the thing it's best at is manipulating reality for its own gains. People completely make things up and ignore blatant facts most of the time. It is easy to come up with even the most outlandish beliefs, and make them sound great on the surface, backing them up with "statistics" and "facts' which are unbelievably simple to manipulate to one's own ends. An easy example of this to see is go to a bookstore. Go to the Political section and books on our beloved Mr. Bush. There are an endless amount of books that will explain to you what a tremendous president he is. There are an endless amount that will show how he is the most corrupt puppet of all time. EVERY SINGLE ONE of these books is backed by hundreds or thousands of "facts" and "sources". If you can't see what that really tells you, then I can't help you.

The other thing is the racism here. It's sad but after all our time here, we still can not get over our basest fears and insecurities. Every side gets upset when the other shows beliefs against the other, but yet can not see the stick in their own eye. A sad thing happens with this subject. The fact is that although those who know not, do not like to admit it or can't see it, human nature is the same in everyone. And everyone falls into the same, or similar traps. Those that suffer racism or oppression begin to form beliefs to protect themselves, but these become similar to the opressors, just a mirror image. This creates a vicious cycle.

A fact is, and you all love conspiracy theories, that one of the tools used by the elite to keep those under them in check, is to pit them against themselves. Stirring the pot of Black/ vs White is the easiest way and it works everytime. Which speaks volumes for the masses.

Some of you are sliding down a slippery slope and are becoming and forming beliefs similar to the ones that have been oppressive towards you. And you can't see this now, which is sad but hopefully you will wake up. Blackwisdom had a post here in which he stated that his reasons for studying and believing and discussing what he believes is for "upliftment of his people"...........

BW, the day you say that statment and in your heart truely believe you are talking about people without the boundaries of race or creed, is the day you have gained true knowledge.
do you actually believe any of that?
Old 11-07-2005, 10:09 AM   #14
Os3y3ris
Veteran Member

Os3y3ris shaolin monk

I think the issue is one of talking out of your ass as opposed to doing the research and THEN presenting facts. A lot of people go for the former. How much stuff do we see here thats simply BS? Plenty. Consider the hoax recently passed around here regarding the computer surveilance. A lot of trick knowledge being spread through these very forums. So really, taking time to know what the hell you're talking about is a GOOD thing. It doesnt shut down ideas except for those proven to be false.

Also, as long as we're on the subject of what is or what isn't knowledge, clever word play makes you niether intelligent nor cute.

Madness! Combustion! Liberty and the end of all law! The invisible international! The toast is anarchy!
Os3y3ris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2005, 10:42 AM   #15
Aqueous Moon
Veteran Member

Aqueous Moon grasshopper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legato
just my view but instead of making threads bitching about what is put up then put something up about what you think or what you think is a topic of substance. something i have to give noel credit for doing. instead of having a thread about how racist blah blah is every day he'll put up some shit asking his own questions about things. bring your own substance other wise your just helping keep the stuff that you bitch about in rotation.
Peace,

Well said, Legato. I agree
Aqueous Moon is offline   Reply With Quote