news
wu-tang clan
bio's
media
store
blogs
forum
contact

Go Back   Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan > The Elements > Wu-Tang Chamber

Old 01-30-2013, 08:32 PM   #1
KJR
Master Ninja

KJR iron monkeyKJR iron monkeyKJR iron monkeyKJR iron monkey
Default Top 10 Wu-Tang related albums (based solely on lyrics)

So I've been reading a lot of hip hop lyrics (on RapGenius) and such and was wondering what Wu-Tang albums I should go back through and read fully into the lyrics. So I figured we could make it fun.

What are your top 10 Wu-Tang related (meaning Killa Beez or side projects included) albums based SOLELY on the lyrics?

For me in no particular order

Legend of the Liquid Swords
Beneath the Surface
Wu-Tang Forever
Liquid Swords
Immobilarity
Tical 2000
Immobilarity
6 Feet Deep
Heavy Mental
Last Shall Be First

Honorable Mentions:
Enter the Wu Tang
The W
Uncontrolled Substance
OB4CL
Iron Man
KJR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 12:02 PM   #2
jayrob
Banned

jayrob drunken mastajayrob drunken masta

rza got lyrics.
jayrob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 08:35 PM   #3
starkeylove
The Real Tony Starks

starkeylove drunken mastastarkeylove drunken masta

you forgot Supreme Clientele
Old 02-01-2013, 07:42 PM   #4
muscularghandi
PRODIGAL SUN

muscularghandi prodigal sonmuscularghandi prodigal sonmuscularghandi prodigal sonmuscularghandi prodigal sonmuscularghandi prodigal sonmuscularghandi prodigal son

Supreme Clientele

Wu-Tang Forever

Birth of a Prince

Silent Weapons for Quiet Wars

Liquid Swords

Immobilarity

The W

The Pick The Sickle and The Shovel

Uncontrolled Substance

No particular order.

Last edited by muscularghandi; 02-01-2013 at 07:52 PM.
muscularghandi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 09:56 AM   #5
UNCLE RUCKUS
Fearless Vampire Killer

UNCLE RUCKUS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)UNCLE RUCKUS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)UNCLE RUCKUS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)UNCLE RUCKUS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)UNCLE RUCKUS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)UNCLE RUCKUS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)UNCLE RUCKUS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)UNCLE RUCKUS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)UNCLE RUCKUS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)UNCLE RUCKUS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)UNCLE RUCKUS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)
Send a message via AIM to UNCLE RUCKUS

solely lyrics I'd say

Supreme, WTF, LS, BTS, CL, THE W, US, Grandmasters, Ironman, and The Pick in no order
UNCLE RUCKUS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 11:35 AM   #6
silent_whistler_uk
myspace.com/iou7

silent_whistler_uk drunken mastasilent_whistler_uk drunken mastasilent_whistler_uk drunken masta

for me personally liquid swords and OBCL
silent_whistler_uk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 11:37 AM   #7
TheFunkyDrummer
Veteran Member

TheFunkyDrummer fist of furyTheFunkyDrummer fist of furyTheFunkyDrummer fist of furyTheFunkyDrummer fist of furyTheFunkyDrummer fist of furyTheFunkyDrummer fist of furyTheFunkyDrummer fist of furyTheFunkyDrummer fist of furyTheFunkyDrummer fist of furyTheFunkyDrummer fist of furyTheFunkyDrummer fist of fury

Based on lyrics:
Pro Tools

Quit complaining. It's the truth.
Old 02-04-2013, 01:15 PM   #8
UNCLE RUCKUS
Fearless Vampire Killer

UNCLE RUCKUS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)UNCLE RUCKUS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)UNCLE RUCKUS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)UNCLE RUCKUS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)UNCLE RUCKUS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)UNCLE RUCKUS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)UNCLE RUCKUS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)UNCLE RUCKUS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)UNCLE RUCKUS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)UNCLE RUCKUS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)UNCLE RUCKUS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)
Send a message via AIM to UNCLE RUCKUS

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFunkyDrummer View Post
Based on lyrics:
Pro Tools

NAh even Gza admits he rushed that album and wrote the whole thing in a couple of weeks
UNCLE RUCKUS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 03:29 PM   #9
Hollow Dartz
Don't grab my jacket dunn

Hollow Dartz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Hollow Dartz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Hollow Dartz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Hollow Dartz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Hollow Dartz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Hollow Dartz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Hollow Dartz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Hollow Dartz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Hollow Dartz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Hollow Dartz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Hollow Dartz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)
Send a message via AIM to Hollow Dartz

Quote:
Based on lyrics:
Pro Tools

You don't have troll capability.
Hollow Dartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 04:10 PM   #10
TheFunkyDrummer
Veteran Member

TheFunkyDrummer fist of furyTheFunkyDrummer fist of furyTheFunkyDrummer fist of furyTheFunkyDrummer fist of furyTheFunkyDrummer fist of furyTheFunkyDrummer fist of furyTheFunkyDrummer fist of furyTheFunkyDrummer fist of furyTheFunkyDrummer fist of furyTheFunkyDrummer fist of furyTheFunkyDrummer fist of fury

Quote:
Originally Posted by UNCLE RUCKUS View Post
NAh even Gza admits he rushed that album and wrote the whole thing in a couple of weeks
It's true that he recorded it fast. He never said his lyrics were less because of that. He said in more than one interview that he's way better now than he ever was. GZA's next album will be more lyrical than Pro Tools so on. You can say what you want about his flow being weak on the album or not feeling the production, but lyrically it's second to none.

@ Hollow

How can I take that seriously? You think Kendrick Lamar had 5/5 lyrics on his latest album and GZA's lyrics was 3/5 on Six Direction Of Boxing/Drivin Round
Old 02-04-2013, 04:40 PM   #11
John Nash
supreme maths GOD degree

Location: I don't live with my mum, my mum lives with me, biatch
John Nash prodigal sonJohn Nash prodigal sonJohn Nash prodigal sonJohn Nash prodigal sonJohn Nash prodigal sonJohn Nash prodigal son

Quote:
Originally Posted by UNCLE RUCKUS View Post
gza has a rhyme book. most of his lyrics are written years ago but he just connects lines in different ways.

its why you hear his same rhymes in different contexts.

compare

"Rhyme stone, numerous parts combine
Strands of heavy metal form the steel arch design
Fit together seamlessly, everlasting rap
Heat-pressure generated by a blasted cap"

with

"But the strands of heavy metal seem to have no relation...
Evidence of terrifying threats from heat pressure...
Fit together seamlessly, til you're all gone"

so the individual rhymes werent rushed.

u could say how he connected certain lines together or certain groups of lines together were rushed and i think they definitely were on certain songs such as "7 pounds" but definitely not all his songs.

his songs on pro tools were more conceptual and the lines connected well. gza sometimes has too many freestyle type songs with no real topic.

so overall no his lyrics werent rushed.

his flow was complete shit though.

John Nash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 06:17 PM   #12
Hollow Dartz
Don't grab my jacket dunn

Hollow Dartz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Hollow Dartz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Hollow Dartz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Hollow Dartz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Hollow Dartz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Hollow Dartz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Hollow Dartz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Hollow Dartz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Hollow Dartz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Hollow Dartz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Hollow Dartz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)
Send a message via AIM to Hollow Dartz

Quote:

@ Hollow

How can I take that seriously? You think Kendrick Lamar had 5/5 lyrics on his latest album and GZA's lyrics was 3/5 on Six Direction Of Boxing/Drivin Round
Hold up, don't start saying shit I've never said. I said that the album was a 4/5 star album and was mad overrated by the masses. The kid can spit his ass off but I've never stated the lyrics were 5/5 so get the fuck outta here with that. 2nd of all Protools was wack, lyrics were dry as fuck, besides 3-4 tracks. Shit was ass. It's up there with Lex Diamond Story/Digital Bullet lyrically.
Hollow Dartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 06:35 PM   #13
BRASSKNUCKLED PAI MEI
Are U aware I ban @ will?

BRASSKNUCKLED PAI MEI King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)BRASSKNUCKLED PAI MEI King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)BRASSKNUCKLED PAI MEI King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)BRASSKNUCKLED PAI MEI King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)BRASSKNUCKLED PAI MEI King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)BRASSKNUCKLED PAI MEI King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)BRASSKNUCKLED PAI MEI King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)BRASSKNUCKLED PAI MEI King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)BRASSKNUCKLED PAI MEI King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)BRASSKNUCKLED PAI MEI King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)BRASSKNUCKLED PAI MEI King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)

In Stereo is very lyrical
Old 02-05-2013, 07:42 AM   #14
KJR
Master Ninja

KJR iron monkeyKJR iron monkeyKJR iron monkeyKJR iron monkey

^The B, the O, the B, the B, the Y....
KJR is offline   Reply With Quote