news
wu-tang clan
bio's
media
store
blogs
forum
contact

Go Back   Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan > The Elements > Hip-Hop Shop

Old 02-24-2016, 08:20 PM   #1
IronSheik
#WorldClass #OlympicClass

IronSheik Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)IronSheik Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)IronSheik Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)IronSheik Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)IronSheik Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)IronSheik Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)IronSheik Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)IronSheik Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)IronSheik Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)IronSheik Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)IronSheik Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)
Send a message via AIM to IronSheik Send a message via Skype™ to IronSheik
Default MC Hammer: Too Tight (Produced by Johnny J) [GhostWritten by 2Pac] finally surfaces

In an effort to resuscitate his career, Hammer signed with Death Row Records in 1995. Having a close friendship with 2Pac, Hammer planned to release an album, Too Tight, with the label, but after Pac's death in 1996 the project would never see the light of day and Hammer would leave Death Row shortly after.

Now, and some 20 years later, the title track for the shelved Death Row album has surfaced, written by 2Pac and produced entirely by Johnny J. His influence is very prevalent throughout the song, as MC Hammer's delivery and cadence are culled from Pac's unforgettable sound. It's very dated (this song is circa 1995-96, after all), and it's a high possibility that the song was unfinished. Still, it's a rather fascinating look into what could have been for Hammer.

https://streamable.com/tnm6
https://soundcloud.com/jmix62281/hammer-too-tight-cdq

Last edited by IronSheik; 02-29-2016 at 09:41 PM.
IronSheik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2016, 03:02 AM   #2
soul controller
Ridin' On Trichomes

soul controller Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)soul controller Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)soul controller Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)soul controller Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)soul controller Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)soul controller Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)soul controller Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)soul controller Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)soul controller Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)soul controller Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)soul controller Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

dope, props.

soul controller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2016, 09:48 AM   #3
shogun85
Battle-Scarred Shogun

shogun85 crouching tigershogun85 crouching tiger

I miss Pac.
Old 02-26-2016, 12:46 PM   #4
check two
Non Ignorants Eckankar

check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)

Mc Hammer is better than a lot of the current rappers.

check two is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2016, 01:03 PM   #5
hotnikks
nada ignorante

hotnikks five deadly venomshotnikks five deadly venomshotnikks five deadly venomshotnikks five deadly venomshotnikks five deadly venomshotnikks five deadly venomshotnikks five deadly venomshotnikks five deadly venomshotnikks five deadly venoms

Never knew Hammer had actually signed to DR camp. Definitely not a good match though...

hotnikks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2016, 02:47 PM   #6
CharlesJones
-

CharlesJones Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)CharlesJones Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)CharlesJones Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)CharlesJones Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)CharlesJones Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)CharlesJones Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)CharlesJones Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)CharlesJones Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)CharlesJones Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)CharlesJones Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)CharlesJones Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

LOL@Check Two and Hotnikks hahahahahahahahahahaha. I agree and I love his You Can't Touch This, They Put Me In The Mix, Dancing Machine, Pray, It's All Good and Pumps And A Bump videos. He's a very good dancer.

About that life

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlesJones View Post
The TV dinners I like is macaroni and cheese with fish and rice with chicken and broccoli. I also like Stouffer's microwaved spaghetti.
Quote:
I also like the food U-God talked about. He said he can cook spaghetti and fried chicken and i would like to taste it to see if he's a good cook. I like spaghetti and fried chicken.
CharlesJones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2016, 06:52 AM   #7
Sky Blue Bally Kid
Triple Beam Lean

Sky Blue Bally Kid Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Sky Blue Bally Kid Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Sky Blue Bally Kid Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Sky Blue Bally Kid Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Sky Blue Bally Kid Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Sky Blue Bally Kid Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Sky Blue Bally Kid Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Sky Blue Bally Kid Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Sky Blue Bally Kid Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Sky Blue Bally Kid Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Sky Blue Bally Kid Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

MC Hammer was the best thing about Zoolander 2.

When I'm writing in my room

It's like a child that's fighting in the womb

- KP -
Sky Blue Bally Kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2016, 02:43 AM   #8
IronSheik

IronSheik Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)IronSheik Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)IronSheik Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)IronSheik Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)IronSheik Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)IronSheik Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)IronSheik Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)IronSheik Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)IronSheik Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)IronSheik Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)IronSheik Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)
Default Too Late Playa feat. Pac, Kane, Danny Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotnikks View Post
Never knew Hammer had actually signed to DR camp. Definitely not a good match though...
this was well known if you followed the Death Row camp at that time...there was also a callabo they did w/Big Daddy Kane featuring Danny Boy vocals...fans wanted this album & most of it eventually leaked similar to all those Makaveli bootlegs but not a mastered version that could go commercial

Last edited by IronSheik; 02-29-2016 at 11:19 PM. Reason: Explicit Version
IronSheik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2016, 08:18 AM   #9
hotnikks
nada ignorante

hotnikks five deadly venomshotnikks five deadly venomshotnikks five deadly venomshotnikks five deadly venomshotnikks five deadly venomshotnikks five deadly venomshotnikks five deadly venomshotnikks five deadly venomshotnikks five deadly venoms

Well there is one song with Pac and Kane called Whereever U Are which is nice.

hotnikks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2016, 11:19 AM   #10
IronSheik

^ yea that was from the leaked Makaveli series & was recorded during the same sessions as Too Late Playa which was just before a Tyson fight (they seen each other in Vegas and flew to LA to record)...there was a Kane interview where he talked about all this
Old 02-29-2016, 07:34 PM   #11
SEMS

SEMS crouching tigerSEMS crouching tiger

It's a shame this never came out, even if only for the historical context. I wonder how it woulda been received. I mean Hammer tried a few times to recover from his early 90s image & be taken seriously again but it never worked. Would being down with Pac & Death Row have put him back in music's good graces or was he doomed to be forever followed by his Saturday morning cartoon?

I gotta think this woulda flopped anyway. But who knows?
SEMS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2016, 04:47 PM   #12
CharlesJones
-

CharlesJones Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)CharlesJones Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)CharlesJones Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)CharlesJones Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)CharlesJones Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)CharlesJones Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)CharlesJones Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)CharlesJones Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)CharlesJones Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)CharlesJones Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)CharlesJones Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

MC Hammer signing with Death Row was a mistake because he should've stayed with Capitol records where he was successful. I don't know why he tried to change and become hardcore when he did The Funky Headhunter album in 1994. He had videos for It's All Good and Pumps And A Bump from that album. He dissed Dres of Black Sheep and Redman on It's All Good. He said talking about my mama is when I draw the line Redman. So when the chrome is at your dome, I'm a blow your mind hahahahahahaha. Black Sheep dissed him on H.A.A. which stands for here's another asshole LOL. That song is on North South East West album single which is from Non Fiction album.

MC Hammer was doing just fine doing the positive rap songs like You Can't Touch This, Help The Children, Crime Stories, 2 Legit 2 Quit, Put Me In The Mix, Pray and Dancing Machine. I could care less about hard rappers dissing him because music like his needs to be played in black neighborhoods because his music is positive and he cares about helping poor blacks. Too bad poor blacks don't care about themselves LOL. How many rappers you know have hired a lot of poor blacks and brought them on concerts like MC Hammer did so they can have jobs? That's part of the reason he ended up bankrupt because he wasn't able to pay a lot of them and he had to fire them. A lot of them got mad at him for doing that LOL. I don't know why they got mad because if he don't have enough money to pay them, then he gotta fire them. I wouldn't be mad about that.

MC Hammer shouldn't care about his album sales not being good the last few albums because he had a good career. No music black artist has been successful forever and Michael Jackson is a example of that. His last album Invincible was terrible hahahahahahahahaha. I think it did go gold though. Michael's Dangerous album wasn't good too which had the hits In The Closet, Jam and Remember The Time. He died broke and he made a lot of money and sold a lot of albums. He spent his money foolishly and that's why he died broke. I love Michael though and he's my favorite singer.

About that life

Quote:
The TV dinners I like is macaroni and cheese with fish and rice with chicken and broccoli. I also like Stouffer's microwaved spaghetti.
Quote:
I also like the food U-God talked about. He said he can cook spaghetti and fried chicken and i would like to taste it to see if he's a good cook. I like spaghetti and fried chicken.
CharlesJones is offline   Reply With Quote