news
wu-tang clan
bio's
media
store
blogs
forum
contact

Go Back   Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan > The Elements > Wu-Tang Chamber

Old 02-03-2013, 02:53 PM   #1
muscularghandi
PRODIGAL SUN

muscularghandi iron monkeymuscularghandi iron monkeymuscularghandi iron monkeymuscularghandi iron monkeymuscularghandi iron monkey
Default How Do You Rank Inspectah Deck's Discography?

I know that most beleive his solo career has fallen short of the expectations everyone had back in '97. He's one of the best MC's in the Clan and always shines very bright on Clan LP's. But Uncontrolled Substance is a really really good album IMO, how would you rank the entire discography?

Last edited by muscularghandi; 02-03-2013 at 03:11 PM.
muscularghandi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 03:46 PM   #2
Hollow Dartz
Banned

Hollow Dartz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Hollow Dartz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Hollow Dartz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Hollow Dartz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Hollow Dartz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Hollow Dartz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Hollow Dartz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Hollow Dartz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Hollow Dartz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Hollow Dartz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Hollow Dartz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)
Send a message via AIM to Hollow Dartz

You posted the order lol (solo albums)
Hollow Dartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 03:48 PM   #3
muscularghandi
PRODIGAL SUN

muscularghandi iron monkeymuscularghandi iron monkeymuscularghandi iron monkeymuscularghandi iron monkeymuscularghandi iron monkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollow Dartz View Post
lol i posted the order in order that i thought of them. I think his parts on CZARFACE are going to make that LP his 2nd or 3rd best. It's amazing how ANYONE can like Manifesto, but it's equally amazing how few people really see how nice Uncontrolled Substance is.
Old 02-03-2013, 05:52 PM   #4
soob
PRODIGAL SUN

soob iron monkeysoob iron monkeysoob iron monkeysoob iron monkeysoob iron monkey

I think Deck has a problem that he has always been a type of an underground rapper. He has eveything what a mainsteam arist should have - flow, lyrics, style - but he's never been like even Meth.

I don't know what y'all think about Deck's discography, but he's never released a weak album! Of course he has better and worse shit.
"I know your deeds, that you are neither cold nor hot. I wish you were either one or the other! So, because you are lukewarm—neither hot nor cold—I am about to spit you out of my mouth" (Rev. 3:15-16)
soob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 10:16 AM   #5
DThayer36
SHAOLIN STUDENT

DThayer36 crouching tiger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollow Dartz View Post
This is true. But I've liked Decks albums.
US is deff his best album to date..but I still play his other albums.....his beats may not be the best but he's still spittin dope shit. TM was still good. RP and Manifesto has some good tracks on them.
DThayer36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 04:08 AM   #6
The blackma
SLIMEY SAVAGE

The blackma drunken mastaThe blackma drunken mastaThe blackma drunken masta

I think that if Rza focused on Deck in the glory days the Rebel could release a classic shit. Uncontrolled substance is a good album but I expected a lot more. Deck was my favorite wu mc, flow, voice, lyrics the guy had everything to be one of the greatest mc of all the time. He released good albums but none of them can fuck with wu greatest solos. According to me he is a huge disappointment.
The blackma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 05:48 AM   #7
josborne3680
Peace CT

josborne3680 crouching tigerjosborne3680 crouching tiger

Well said^. Peace
josborne3680 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 06:31 AM   #8
KJR
Master Ninja

KJR iron monkeyKJR iron monkeyKJR iron monkeyKJR iron monkey

I really don't like "The Movement", am I the only one? It just feels so forced and boring to me.
KJR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 07:40 AM   #9
TAURO
El Don of this shit

TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Uncontrolled Substance could have been a lot better when compared to the other wu solos of that time but otherwise it's a solid album.

The Movement was very average and forgettable in my opinion, it did have a couple of good joints but overall it was a let down.

Manifesto was just a joke. I don't know what Deck was thinking when he made that garbage. Who was he trying to appeal too? certainly not wu fans, and lets be honest, we're the only people that still give a shit about Deck post 2000.

The Resident Patient was cool but the mixtape nature ruins it. Again it does have some good joints but ultimately it's forgettable.

"I pledge allegiance to the hip hop"
Method Man
TAURO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 04:49 PM   #10
josborne3680
Peace CT

josborne3680 crouching tigerjosborne3680 crouching tiger

'The Movement' could be his worst. I was never a fan of it. Did like "Framed" though. Peace
josborne3680 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 06:38 AM   #11
KJR
Master Ninja

KJR iron monkeyKJR iron monkeyKJR iron monkeyKJR iron monkey

"Vendetta" was a pretty good tune though
KJR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 05:56 PM   #12
muscularghandi
PRODIGAL SUN

I'm going to relisten to Manifesto, because if two people think The Movement is his worst LP there must be something on this that i've never heard.
Old 02-07-2013, 06:38 PM   #13
theheavens
Banned

theheavens Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)theheavens Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)theheavens Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)theheavens Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)theheavens Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)theheavens Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)theheavens Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)theheavens Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)theheavens Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)theheavens Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)theheavens Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

I'm sure if RZA spent more time with Deck during the '90s that he could've released classic material, but he had his hands full with Meth, ODB, Ghost, and Rae, so it's understandable. can't make room for everybody. but yeah, a 1995-1997 album from Deck would've been crazy.

Deck is lucky 7L & esoteric reached out to him for Czarface, because this is going to be his best since his debut, way better than anything he released in the 2000s. he just needs to hook up with a good producer and he'll make a great record. 7L gave him good stuff, but there's better producers out there
theheavens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 01:02 AM   #14
ShortyCoffeeStain
CHICKEN HEAD

ShortyCoffeeStain iron monkeyShortyCoffeeStain iron monkeyShortyCoffeeStain iron monkey

UNCONTROLLED SUBSTANCE - 3.5 / 5

THE MOVEMENT - 2.5 / 5

THE RESIDENT PATIENT - NOT AN ALBUM

THE MANIFESTO - 2.0 / 5

The bar is set low lol

What a disappointment

(Add 1 mic to all my ratings to adjust for a Wu-Nerd's opinion)
ShortyCoffeeStain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 01:38 AM   #15
VallKano
Veteran Member

VallKano shaolin monk
Send a message via AIM to VallKano

pretty dissapointing discography to be honest
VallKano is offline   Reply With Quote