news
wu-tang clan
bio's
media
store
blogs
forum
contact

Go Back   Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan > The Elements > Hip-Hop Shop

Old 02-06-2013, 04:33 PM   #1
daffy duck
Veteran Member

daffy duck iron monkeydaffy duck iron monkeydaffy duck iron monkeydaffy duck iron monkeydaffy duck iron monkey
Default 'Get Rich Or Die Tryin'' Anniversary: 50 Cent's Debut Album Turns 10

50 Cent's "Get Rich or Die Tryin'" album turns ten today -- feel old yet?

Released on Feb. 6, 2003, "Get Rich or Die Tryin'" served as 50's debut album and produced hits such as "In da Club," "21 Questions," and "P.I.M.P." The album debuted at number one and has gone eight times platinum.

50 cent spoke to MTV about the album -- watch his track-by-track analysis above. Not one for many words, 50 calls "In da Club" simply a "smash hit" and "Poor Lil Rich" a "great contradiction." He goes on to explain that he made "21 Questions" because he saw a girl's reaction to an LL Cool J song and wanted to make a softer track that would earn the same reaction.

50 Cent is set to make his return to music this year with the release of his upcoming album "Street King Immortal."

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/0...n_2630176.html
daffy duck is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 04:35 PM   #2
daffy duck
Veteran Member

daffy duck iron monkeydaffy duck iron monkeydaffy duck iron monkeydaffy duck iron monkeydaffy duck iron monkey

let's be real

this was a top 10 album of the last decade

it came out 2 months after nas - god's son. 50 cent's album sales shitted on it.

Last edited by daffy duck; 02-06-2013 at 04:37 PM.
Old 02-06-2013, 04:35 PM   #3
theheavens
Banned

theheavens Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)theheavens Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)theheavens Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)theheavens Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)theheavens Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)theheavens Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)theheavens Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)theheavens Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)theheavens Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)theheavens Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)theheavens Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

yeah he came out when rap was struggling and made it worse
theheavens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 04:38 PM   #4
daffy duck
Veteran Member

pretty sure in da club was the #1 rap song of 2003
Old 02-06-2013, 04:43 PM   #5
daffy duck
Veteran Member

okay how was rap struggling when we also had the diplomats?
you know next month is going to be the 10th anniversary of diplomatic immunity right? and that was a classic album. a top 10 album of the last decade too.

g-unit and the diplomats owned the rap game back then

Old 02-06-2013, 04:53 PM   #6
corky831
Veteran Member

corky831 fist of furycorky831 fist of furycorky831 fist of furycorky831 fist of furycorky831 fist of furycorky831 fist of furycorky831 fist of furycorky831 fist of furycorky831 fist of furycorky831 fist of furycorky831 fist of fury

classic album....def
Old 02-06-2013, 05:06 PM   #7
daffy duck
Veteran Member

i got something for your ass, keep thinking i'm pussy
Old 02-06-2013, 05:32 PM   #8
racist randy
Banned

racist randy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)racist randy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)racist randy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)racist randy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)racist randy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)racist randy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)racist randy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)racist randy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)racist randy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)racist randy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)racist randy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)
Send a message via AIM to racist randy

Yeah when this dropped EVERYBODY had this shit, I begged my mom for a copy lol this shit was fire, used to play this shit for months straight...
racist randy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 09:24 PM   #9
Cesar
Veteran Member

Cesar prodigal sonCesar prodigal sonCesar prodigal sonCesar prodigal sonCesar prodigal sonCesar prodigal son

That was the soundtrack to Memorial Day Weekend in South Beach in 2003. I heard the whole album 3 times just by cars driving by.
Cesar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 10:26 PM   #10
CEITEDMOFO
DuncanHine Monument Cakes

CEITEDMOFO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)CEITEDMOFO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)CEITEDMOFO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)CEITEDMOFO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)CEITEDMOFO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)CEITEDMOFO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)CEITEDMOFO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)CEITEDMOFO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)CEITEDMOFO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)CEITEDMOFO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)CEITEDMOFO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

WHEN THIS CAME OUT I THOUGHT IT WAS GAY, STiLL DO

CEITEDMOFO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 10:41 PM   #11
Jin10304
Veteran Member

Jin10304 five deadly venomsJin10304 five deadly venomsJin10304 five deadly venomsJin10304 five deadly venomsJin10304 five deadly venomsJin10304 five deadly venomsJin10304 five deadly venomsJin10304 five deadly venoms

what about 'Power of the Dollar'?
Jin10304 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 11:03 PM   #12
theheavens
Banned

theheavens Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)theheavens Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)theheavens Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)theheavens Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)theheavens Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)theheavens Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)theheavens Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)theheavens Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)theheavens Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)theheavens Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)theheavens Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

you guys are fucking gayer than lord jamar if you think anything made by 50 cent is good
theheavens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 02:40 AM   #13
sickdog
PRODIGAL SUN

sickdog iron monkeysickdog iron monkeysickdog iron monkeysickdog iron monkey

shit was garbage. ant still is. mostly young cats love this shit, cuz must of em come to hip hop from this album, this and eminem.
Old 02-07-2013, 06:02 AM   #14
Origin™
The Master Of Equilibrium

Origin™ Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Origin™ Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Origin™ Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Origin™ Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Origin™ Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Origin™ Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Origin™ Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Origin™ Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Origin™ Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Origin™ Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Origin™ Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Once again this forum shows how retarded it is

the majority of 50s material is dope, some questionable songs over his catalog, but even they served there purpose.
Old 02-07-2013, 06:22 AM   #15
TheFunkyDrummer
Veteran Member

TheFunkyDrummer fist of furyTheFunkyDrummer fist of furyTheFunkyDrummer fist of furyTheFunkyDrummer fist of furyTheFunkyDrummer fist of furyTheFunkyDrummer fist of furyTheFunkyDrummer fist of furyTheFunkyDrummer fist of furyTheFunkyDrummer fist of furyTheFunkyDrummer fist of furyTheFunkyDrummer fist of fury

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollow Dartz View Post
Yeah when this dropped EVERYBODY had this shit, I begged my mom for a copy lol this shit was fire, used to play this shit for months straight...
Lol I admit; I had this on repeat when I was younger. Many Men & You Not Like Me was my shit. I think GRODT was the first album in hiphop to have a lot of party/disco shit and gangsta/street tracks on the same tape. He definitely build a formula for new rappers to follow.