news
wu-tang clan
bio's
media
store
blogs
forum
contact

Go Back   Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan > The Elements > Hip-Hop Shop

Old 02-07-2013, 10:37 PM   #1
theheavens
Banned

theheavens Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)theheavens Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)theheavens Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)theheavens Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)theheavens Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)theheavens Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)theheavens Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)theheavens Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)theheavens Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)theheavens Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)theheavens Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)
Default almost forgot, the greatest MC of all time died on this day

February 7, 2000

theheavens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 11:18 PM   #2
racist randy
Banned

racist randy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)racist randy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)racist randy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)racist randy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)racist randy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)racist randy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)racist randy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)racist randy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)racist randy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)racist randy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)racist randy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)
Send a message via AIM to racist randy

You must be a rican
racist randy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 11:29 PM   #3
theheavens
Banned

theheavens Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)theheavens Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)theheavens Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)theheavens Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)theheavens Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)theheavens Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)theheavens Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)theheavens Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)theheavens Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)theheavens Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)theheavens Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

I haven't seen any puerto ricans on here

I remember when Vinnie Paz reached out to various MCs and producers (Premo, Sean Price, Action Bronson, etc) and asked them to rank their top 5 MCs of all time. Rakim got the most votes, followed by G Rap and Pun was a close 3rd. think about it, youngen

http://www.jmthiphop.com/vinnie-paz-...rticle-part-2/

http://www.jmthiphop.com/vinnie-paz-top-5-mcs-article/
Old 02-08-2013, 03:55 AM   #4
sickdog
PRODIGAL SUN

sickdog iron monkeysickdog iron monkeysickdog iron monkeysickdog iron monkey

r.i.p. big punishment is one of my favorites of all times, brilliant album.
Old 02-08-2013, 03:43 PM   #5
muscularghandi
PRODIGAL SUN

muscularghandi prodigal sonmuscularghandi prodigal sonmuscularghandi prodigal sonmuscularghandi prodigal sonmuscularghandi prodigal sonmuscularghandi prodigal son

Easily top 5. RIP Pun.
muscularghandi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 04:41 PM   #6
daffy duck
lord

daffy duck iron monkeydaffy duck iron monkeydaffy duck iron monkey

i thought you were talking about someone else

a lot of niggas want to hate on me
what's the reason, nigga who knows
say i'm focused on the wrong shit
we just putting out the new dough
daffy duck is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 05:07 PM   #7
theheavens
Banned

I heard Yeah Baby before Capital Punishment, and that was a big mistake. when The Source ranked him #19 on their list of the top 50 lyricists of all time, they wrote a good blurb about him:

"Pun embodied all of the traits of a master wordsmith: melody, a unique flow, an unforgettable voice, humor, and lyrics that made other MCs go back to their black and white composition notebooks."

he didn't have any real "emotional songs" like 2pac (except maybe Punish Me), but his flow, delivery, and lyrics were out of this world. people still don't get it
Old 02-08-2013, 05:14 PM   #8
tekunique
SupaSelekta

tekunique Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)tekunique Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)tekunique Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)tekunique Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)tekunique Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)tekunique Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)tekunique Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)tekunique Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)tekunique Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)tekunique Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)tekunique Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Quote:
Originally Posted by theheavens View Post
his flow, delivery, and lyrics were out of this world. people still don't get it
word up. way ahead of his time. its just unfortunate that him and biggie died with just 2 albums.. so much potential they had....
Old 02-08-2013, 05:21 PM   #9
theheavens
Banned

at least Biggie got to make a double album, whereas Pun didn't release that much stuff. and honestly, I think Pun had more potential. I pretty much knew everything Biggie was going to rap about (brooklyn, crack, heist gone wrong). in other words, he was Raekwon lol.

but Pun....when that dude spit, his vocab was so large, you never knew what the fuck he was going to say. one minute he's talking about shitting out the Book of Matthew, next minute turning Jesus's statue into Medusa, then blowing his brains out like kurt cobain, etc.

Biggie used the same dozen words in all his raps.....just rearranged differently. I'm not saying you need a HUGE vocab to be a dope MC, but yeah, Pun had the most impressive vocab. "can't fuck with my kinda gramma" indeed
Old 02-08-2013, 05:25 PM   #10
CEITEDMOFO
DuncanHine Monument Cakes

CEITEDMOFO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)CEITEDMOFO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)CEITEDMOFO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)CEITEDMOFO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)CEITEDMOFO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)CEITEDMOFO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)CEITEDMOFO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)CEITEDMOFO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)CEITEDMOFO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)CEITEDMOFO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)CEITEDMOFO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

IM NOT RICAN BUT PUN IS THE ILLEST "EVEN JESUS WAS KILLED BY POLICES"

CEITEDMOFO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 05:51 PM   #11
tekunique
SupaSelekta

tekunique Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)tekunique Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)tekunique Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)tekunique Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)tekunique Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)tekunique Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)tekunique Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)tekunique Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)tekunique Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)tekunique Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)tekunique Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Quote:
at least Biggie got to make a double album, whereas Pun didn't release that much stuff. and honestly, I think Pun had more potential. I pretty much knew everything Biggie was going to rap about (brooklyn, crack, heist gone wrong). in other words, he was Raekwon lol.

but Pun....when that dude spit, his vocab was so large, you never knew what the fuck he was going to say. one minute he's talking about shitting out the Book of Matthew, next minute turning Jesus's statue into Medusa, then blowing his brains out like kurt cobain, etc.

Biggie used the same dozen words in all his raps.....just rearranged differently. I'm not saying you need a HUGE vocab to be a dope MC, but yeah, Pun had the most impressive vocab. "can't fuck with my kinda gramma" indeed

i agree with you but i think its unfair to compare the 2. as their styles were completely different.

Biggie got like 10 times better once he calmed his flow, shit was just perfect. at that time not many MCs were on Wu's level lyrically but Big & Pun def. were.

Big was way ahead of his time as well with the shit he talked about and knew exactly which style matched him and was able to connect and reach the masses. understood the game as a whole and the climate the industry was in at the time and used his weapons accordingly.

not many can kick a party style rhyme, make it dope and at the same time kick shit like Long Kiss Good Night which is one of my fav. Big joints.. funny shit was produced by RZA lol

Because of the fact Pun was the first spanish rapper to go platinum ppl tend to focus on that rather than accepting him as an MC/Artist in general. like you said, his lyrics/delivery & flow are untouchable. im sure you seen that video where Bis/Forte/Geronimo/Mos/X & Pun are spittin acapella and Pun straight murdered ayebody there, made Bis look fucking stupid.. dude kicked his 2nd Round KO verse but couldnt even finish it without stuttering it a million times.. thats what happens when you have to follow niggaz like Pun.
Old 02-08-2013, 06:25 PM   #12
Apocalypse
PRODIGAL SUN

Apocalypse prodigal sonApocalypse prodigal sonApocalypse prodigal sonApocalypse prodigal sonApocalypse prodigal sonApocalypse prodigal son

Quote:

Biggie was really dope, but I agree with this, Pun was just amazing!

the only thing I didnt liked about Pun was sometimes he chose corny commercial beats ( but unfortunately a lot of great golden-age NYC rappers do that ) , on other hand sometimes he did chose amazing beats.

Its cool to see Big Pun still gets love around here.

RIP
Apocalypse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 06:41 PM   #13
ShaDynasty
Bastard Bastard Bastard

ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)
Send a message via MSN to ShaDynasty

Biggie was better in my mind, my favorite mc. His flow was genius and the humanity in his words reached a lot of people. I dont think pun had the same connection.
ShaDynasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 07:49 PM   #14
theheavens
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apocalypse View Post
the only thing I didnt liked about Pun was sometimes he chose corny commercial beats ( but unfortunately a lot of great golden-age NYC rappers do that ) , on other hand sometimes he did chose amazing beats.
maybe with Yeah Baby cuz he wanted a more pop appeal, but his debut album had solid beats all-around. the only thing wrong with that album are the skits