news
wu-tang clan
bio's
media
store
blogs
forum
contact

Go Back   Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan > The Elements > Digital Underground

Old 08-10-2014, 11:15 PM   #1
Miliato
meet me in the lobby

Miliato prodigal sonMiliato prodigal sonMiliato prodigal sonMiliato prodigal sonMiliato prodigal sonMiliato prodigal son
Default Remember when video games were made so you COULDN'T beat them?!

Do they still have 'game over' ????

What a different world we live in now with video games. If you get stuck or take too long to advance a hint pops up in the corner of the screen. First thing kids do now is go right online for all the codes or walk-throughs.

YOU HAD 3 LIVES TO BEAT CONTRA!

YOU KNOW HOW LONG IT TOOK ME TO FIGURE OUT THAT I HAD TO PULL MY CONTROLLER AND PUT IT IN PORT 2 IN ORDER TO BEAT METAL GEAR?!

Some games you threw in and all it said was PRESS START. There were no options to make yourself feel more comfortable. Some games, if you wanted to lower the difficulty level it said something degrading like 'Pussy' instead of 'Easy'

The average kid who thinks he's a gamer these days won't make it past level 1 in Zombies Ate My Neighbors or Streets of Rage.

Nobody under the age of 20 can beat Shao Kahn in MK3 and if it's MK2 they won't even make it past Kitana. I was doing BRUTALITIES in the arcade! That doesn't happen now.

Some of the puzzles in the first two Resident Evils were next to impossible.

Damn, I remember writing down passwords. Or trying to memorize codes from magazines while at the store. Only to find out when I got home that I memorized the Sega CD code not Genesis. Kids in school were spreading rumors about codes and secrets. Game Pro had a few codes then Tips and Tricks would drop and have completely different ones. Those days were fun. I miss when everything was word of mouth like that. I miss when EVERYONE thought Sonya Blade had a Fatality where she got naked.

Build...
Miliato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2014, 04:43 AM   #2
Sky Blue Bally Kid
45th Generation Roman

Sky Blue Bally Kid Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Sky Blue Bally Kid Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Sky Blue Bally Kid Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Sky Blue Bally Kid Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Sky Blue Bally Kid Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Sky Blue Bally Kid Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Sky Blue Bally Kid Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Sky Blue Bally Kid Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Sky Blue Bally Kid Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Sky Blue Bally Kid Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Sky Blue Bally Kid Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Good thread.

I had a ton of NES and SNES games back in the day, I remember the SNES games being more forgiving, but I reckon I completed less than 1/4 of my NES games. It wasn't always the difficulty but the length of the games! Some had 100+ levels, and with no end in sight I usually gave up I laugh when games today have like 20 hours of gameplay!

The point I remember being stuck at the longest was Vega in Street Fighter II on the SNES. Me and my friend literally took turns in shifts to beat him.

Quote:
Those days were fun. I miss when everything was word of mouth like that. I miss when EVERYONE thought Sonya Blade had a Fatality where she got naked.
Haha, yeah every school had some bullshitter who claimed they'd unearthed secrets like that, I still remember the Sheng Long hoax...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sheng_Long

When I'm writing in my room

It's like a child that's fighting in the womb

- KP -

Last edited by Sky Blue Bally Kid; 08-11-2014 at 04:45 AM.
Sky Blue Bally Kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2014, 05:38 PM   #3
V1LLAIN
ODDS AGAiNST TOMORROW

V1LLAIN drunken mastaV1LLAIN drunken masta

What happened to good old epic boss fights? Like in Metroid, Zelda, Metal Gear. something to look forward too. Instead of the same boring repetitive bullshit.

The last great original game i've played was PORTAL 2 for Xbox-Box 360.

Just picked up The Last Of Us REMASTERED for PS4, liked it so much on the PS3 I had to get the REMASTERED VERSION.
V1LLAIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2014, 06:13 PM   #4
food for thought
Black Star Line'r

food for thought Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)food for thought Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)food for thought Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)food for thought Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)food for thought Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)food for thought Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)food for thought Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)food for thought Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)food for thought Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)food for thought Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)food for thought Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

^been hearing real good things about TLOU-R

thinking about picking it up. even though I dont usually play campaign/story modes. I might be able to make an exception for this if it is really as good as ppl say it is

food for thought is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2014, 07:53 PM   #5
David Daniel Davis
N.I.

David Daniel Davis five deadly venomsDavid Daniel Davis five deadly venomsDavid Daniel Davis five deadly venomsDavid Daniel Davis five deadly venomsDavid Daniel Davis five deadly venomsDavid Daniel Davis five deadly venomsDavid Daniel Davis five deadly venomsDavid Daniel Davis five deadly venomsDavid Daniel Davis five deadly venoms

Nintendo Entertainment System in my opinion, still has the most difficult library of games to this day..
Old 08-11-2014, 08:55 PM   #6
Sky Blue Bally Kid
45th Generation Roman

Sky Blue Bally Kid Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Sky Blue Bally Kid Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Sky Blue Bally Kid Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Sky Blue Bally Kid Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Sky Blue Bally Kid Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Sky Blue Bally Kid Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Sky Blue Bally Kid Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Sky Blue Bally Kid Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Sky Blue Bally Kid Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Sky Blue Bally Kid Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Sky Blue Bally Kid Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Daniel Davis View Post
Nintendo Entertainment System in my opinion, still has the most difficult library of games to this day..

When I'm writing in my room

It's like a child that's fighting in the womb

- KP -
Sky Blue Bally Kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2014, 09:18 PM   #7
EAGLE EYE
0110111101110000011001010111001001100001011101000110100101101111011011100010000001100111011101010110100101101100011011000110111101110100011010010110111001100101

EAGLE EYE has disabled reputation

i blame auto-save checkpoints on a liberal progressive agenda to wussify gamers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony Bandana View Post
you dont want me coming around dressed in black homie
Quote:
Originally Posted by TSA View Post
Honestly dude, this is why I want to go to hell. Hell is crackin.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crump Diddy View Post
Did I scare you?
EAGLE EYE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2014, 10:36 PM   #8
Uncle Steezo
Gen Chat Bully

Uncle Steezo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Uncle Steezo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Uncle Steezo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Uncle Steezo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Uncle Steezo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Uncle Steezo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Uncle Steezo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Uncle Steezo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Uncle Steezo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Uncle Steezo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Uncle Steezo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

karate kid or dr jekel mr hyde = hardest games ever.
Uncle Steezo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2014, 01:11 AM   #9
diggy
The ABBOTT

diggy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)diggy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)diggy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)diggy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)diggy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)diggy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)diggy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)diggy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)diggy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)diggy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)diggy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

This is a really good thread. Took me back.

Quote:
Believe it or not, lobster and crabs are crustaceans and are a part of the arthropod family, which include caterpillars, cockroaches, and spiders!

A Galactic Funking Hunt Wit Not Wont
diggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2014, 12:34 AM   #10
Miliato
meet me in the lobby

Miliato prodigal sonMiliato prodigal sonMiliato prodigal sonMiliato prodigal sonMiliato prodigal sonMiliato prodigal son

my 20 yr old brother snaps at MLB 14 when I was half his age trying to hit a pitch in Super Bases Loaded for NES.
Miliato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2014, 12:55 AM   #11
The Hound
Fuck the King

The Hound Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)The Hound Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)The Hound Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)The Hound Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)The Hound Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)The Hound Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)The Hound Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)The Hound Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)The Hound Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)The Hound Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)The Hound Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

NES games were fucking hard. I didn't complete many of them as a kid but I sure played the shit out of them.

I miss when video games were about having fun, solving a puzzle or just a straight up troll by the developers who made shit ridiculously hard to beat. These so-called immersive epic games today that are all the rage where you just watch a whole lot of cut scenes are boring to me. If I want to feel immersed in an epic, sad story I'll watch a movie.

I had Road Rash 2 where the booklet had like 7 pages for you to write passwords in lol

I miss the 8-bit music.

I miss the secrets too. When you heard a rumour at school about a secret and you rush home and try it out.

I loved the video shops and hiring video games. If a game had a save feature I would always play the previous for a bit lol there would always be the one game you want to hire and you go back to the video shop but the cunt hasn't returned it for about a week

I miss when developers and publishers didn't screw the consumer over in the pursuit of money. The pre-day one DLC, online passes, release now patch later etc days
Quote:
Originally Posted by GHOSTLACED View Post
I say nigga and i'm white
The Hound is online now   Reply With Quote