news
wu-tang clan
bio's
media
store
blogs
forum
contact

Go Back   Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan > The Elements > Hip-Hop Shop

Old 02-22-2013, 05:19 PM   #1
diggy
The ABBOTT

diggy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)diggy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)diggy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)diggy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)diggy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)diggy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)diggy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)diggy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)diggy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)diggy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)diggy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)
Default Glaciers of Ice

A glacier is ice, so adding "of ice" to it is redundant. I guess they meant glacier as in a large amount, but it does not work, or does it? Instead, the metaphor should be something like "mountains of ice" or just call the song Glaciers. What u think.

Quote:
Believe it or not, lobster and crabs are crustaceans and are a part of the arthropod family, which include caterpillars, cockroaches, and spiders!
diggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 05:52 PM   #2
PANDA PISS
I Radiate Distinction

PANDA PISS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)PANDA PISS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)PANDA PISS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)PANDA PISS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)PANDA PISS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)PANDA PISS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)PANDA PISS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)PANDA PISS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)PANDA PISS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)PANDA PISS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)PANDA PISS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)
Send a message via MSN to PANDA PISS

not much rae says makes sense grammatically. he has his own dialect.

i've ripped on him for being illiterate but thats pure semantics. he just has a more colorful way of saying things than other people do.

actually i can look at the phrase 'glaciers of ice' like this. hes saying ice as in 'jewelry' not actual ice, so him saying 'of ice' is highlighting the fact that hes not actually talking about ice?
PANDA PISS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 06:24 PM   #3
diggy
The ABBOTT

diggy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)diggy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)diggy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)diggy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)diggy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)diggy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)diggy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)diggy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)diggy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)diggy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)diggy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

I know he's not being literal with the phrase as I have mentioned it is a metaphor. I know what he's trying to say, but it is being said in an incorrect manner like we have both stated.

His jewelry is like glaciers of ice, but the "of ice" part is unnecessary. He's trying to indicate a lot of ice (jewelry). There are better ways of stating what he was trying to do.

Quote:
Believe it or not, lobster and crabs are crustaceans and are a part of the arthropod family, which include caterpillars, cockroaches, and spiders!
Old 02-22-2013, 06:34 PM   #4
CEITEDMOFO
DuncanHine Monument Cakes

CEITEDMOFO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)CEITEDMOFO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)CEITEDMOFO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)CEITEDMOFO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)CEITEDMOFO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)CEITEDMOFO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)CEITEDMOFO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)CEITEDMOFO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)CEITEDMOFO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)CEITEDMOFO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)CEITEDMOFO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

I WAS DISAPPOINTED THAT THE INTRO OF THE BEAT WASNT ON THE ALbUM

WIT SOME OF THE HALLOWEEN NOISES WHILE THE FEMALE SINGING DURING THE INTRO SOUNDS LIKE IT WAS CO-PRODUCED BY 4TH

CEITEDMOFO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 07:30 PM   #5
PANDA PISS
I Radiate Distinction

PANDA PISS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)PANDA PISS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)PANDA PISS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)PANDA PISS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)PANDA PISS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)PANDA PISS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)PANDA PISS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)PANDA PISS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)PANDA PISS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)PANDA PISS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)PANDA PISS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)
Send a message via MSN to PANDA PISS

cuban linx is just amazing. the singular sounds and subtleties of those beats and the almost inpenetrably stylized use of language and manifesto are unmatched.

You think RZA has it in him to pull another album like this out of a collaboration with wu-tang?
PANDA PISS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 07:54 PM   #6
TheFunkyDrummer
Veteran Member

TheFunkyDrummer fist of furyTheFunkyDrummer fist of furyTheFunkyDrummer fist of furyTheFunkyDrummer fist of furyTheFunkyDrummer fist of furyTheFunkyDrummer fist of furyTheFunkyDrummer fist of furyTheFunkyDrummer fist of furyTheFunkyDrummer fist of furyTheFunkyDrummer fist of furyTheFunkyDrummer fist of fury

This beat is rediculous. Definitely the greatest RZA beat. Also one of my favorite CL joints.
Old 02-22-2013, 07:56 PM   #7
beautifulrock
BIG DOUGH KEBAB

beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

I think because it's a metaphor the ice part of course means diamonds, and the glacier part means "big". I mean what else is he gonna say? huge ice? Maybe glacial ice works, but we all know Rae doesn't/didn't know that word. I call it a forgivable offense, and not redundant.

While you were busy dissing Wu like a bitch ass/ I was getting served after sex breakfast/ Yeah, that BBW groupie shit/ can get you served a droopy dick/ fuck what you're speaking/ 'cause I throw W's with Puerto Ricans
beautifulrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 08:04 PM   #8
TheFunkyDrummer
Veteran Member

TheFunkyDrummer fist of furyTheFunkyDrummer fist of furyTheFunkyDrummer fist of furyTheFunkyDrummer fist of furyTheFunkyDrummer fist of furyTheFunkyDrummer fist of furyTheFunkyDrummer fist of furyTheFunkyDrummer fist of furyTheFunkyDrummer fist of furyTheFunkyDrummer fist of furyTheFunkyDrummer fist of fury

I can't believe people making a big deal out of this. The words they used were just weird and sounded amazing. That was Wu. Glaciers of Ice = Pleonasm.
Old 02-22-2013, 08:11 PM   #9
beautifulrock
BIG DOUGH KEBAB

beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Who is making a big deal? I used a picture to show levity.

While you were busy dissing Wu like a bitch ass/ I was getting served after sex breakfast/ Yeah, that BBW groupie shit/ can get you served a droopy dick/ fuck what you're speaking/ 'cause I throw W's with Puerto Ricans
beautifulrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 08:25 PM   #10
TheFunkyDrummer
Veteran Member

Ok I understand that, but it's funny to me how people always try to figure things out when it comes to Wu-Tang. All their shit is like codes. Amazing to have that quality.
Old 02-22-2013, 08:53 PM   #11
diggy
The ABBOTT

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFunkyDrummer View Post
Glaciers of Ice = Pleonasm.
Yes, that's it.

Quote:
Old 02-25-2013, 10:04 PM   #12
mAlAkAz
DELUXE LUXURY

mAlAkAz drunken mastamAlAkAz drunken mastamAlAkAz drunken masta

Quote:
Originally Posted by CEITEDMOFO AKA HEAT View Post

WIT SOME OF THE HALLOWEEN NOISES WHILE THE FEMALE SINGING DURING THE INTRO SOUNDS LIKE IT WAS CO-PRODUCED BY 4TH
i was disappointed too that they were talking over the intro sample but thanks to this site i was able to get the complete radio version from the CDSingle.

this is where they got the sample for that intro

rapper bekay used it too

Last edited by mAlAkAz; 02-25-2013 at 11:26 PM.
mAlAkAz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 04:32 AM   #13
DR. NICK RIVIERA
Hello, everybody!

DR. NICK RIVIERA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)DR. NICK RIVIERA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)DR. NICK RIVIERA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)DR. NICK RIVIERA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)DR. NICK RIVIERA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)DR. NICK RIVIERA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)DR. NICK RIVIERA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)DR. NICK RIVIERA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)DR. NICK RIVIERA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)DR. NICK RIVIERA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)DR. NICK RIVIERA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFunkyDrummer View Post
Ok I understand that, but it's funny to me how people always try to figure things out when it comes to Wu-Tang. All their shit is like codes. Amazing to have that quality.
Only wu stans believe that.
Old 02-26-2013, 06:42 AM   #14
immaculate

8 fist of fury8 fist of fury8 fist of fury8 fist of fury8 fist of fury8 fist of fury8 fist of fury8 fist of fury8 fist of fury8 fist of fury8 fist of fury

Co-sign Heat

8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 07:14 AM   #15
Jammin
Veteran Member

Jammin Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Jammin Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Jammin Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Jammin Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Jammin Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Jammin Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Jammin Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Jammin Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Jammin Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Jammin Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Jammin Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CEITEDMOFO AKA HEAT View Post

http://www.mediafire.com/?ncq3456b04iy3gj