news
wu-tang clan
bio's
media
store
blogs
forum
contact

Go Back   Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan > The Elements > Wu-Tang Chamber

View Poll Results: Has Priest done it again?
Classic 30 44.12%
Superior 18 26.47%
Banger 15 22.06%
Average 4 5.88%
Mediocre 0 0%
Wack 1 1.47%
Voters: 68. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-03-2013, 10:26 AM   #256
beautifulrock
BIG DOUGH KEBAB

beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

So, I should listen to the album and then do a thread about what?

I seriously think most of you people are beyond help. Reading comprehension is something you learn in elementary school, and I find it fascinating, how low of a percentage on here actually has that.

While you were busy dissing Wu like a bitch ass/ I was getting served after sex breakfast/ Yeah, that BBW groupie shit/ can get you served a droopy dick/ fuck what you're speaking/ 'cause I throw W's with Puerto Ricans
beautifulrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 10:50 AM   #257
the dagger
heart to heart

the dagger Village Idiot

well for a start you said the"--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Gonna do something I've never done before...

I'm gonna review this as I'm listening live for the first time...

without sitting on the songs you did somthing your not really skilled in you said it your self now that you listen to the pwowr you should do a fair one thats all im saying. one
the dagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 11:23 AM   #258
beautifulrock
BIG DOUGH KEBAB

beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

I thought u were complaining or something. I'm not hating this album at all, in fact just the opposite, and yes, I will rewrite a review later.

While you were busy dissing Wu like a bitch ass/ I was getting served after sex breakfast/ Yeah, that BBW groupie shit/ can get you served a droopy dick/ fuck what you're speaking/ 'cause I throw W's with Puerto Ricans
Old 03-03-2013, 11:25 AM   #259
beautifulrock
BIG DOUGH KEBAB

Yea, I'm gonna need a little more time on this one. I'm still digesting it all. I mean, he has entire songs on here that are quotable.

Old 03-03-2013, 11:29 AM   #260
GhostlyRaes
SLIMEY SAVAGE

GhostlyRaes shaolin monk

Quote:
Originally Posted by beautifulrock View Post
I thought u were complaining or something. I'm not hating this album at all, in fact just the opposite, and yes, I will rewrite a review later.
ahh nigga quit bullshittin...u been hatin since this album came out...talkin bout "disc 2 aint all that" and "its too much filler"...now u wanna dick ride?
GhostlyRaes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 11:55 AM   #261
beautifulrock
BIG DOUGH KEBAB

Ok. First of all, the use of the phrase "ain't all that" has never been uttered by me in the 34+ trips around the Sun, because A). I'm not a old black woman, and B). I didn't watch Nickelodeon in the 90's.

You have misquoted and taken what I said out of context, of course.

Quote:
Originally Posted by beautifulrock View Post

I'm gonna have to give this album some thought and smoke on it some more. One thing that stands out to me, was that it was looking like another Wu-atang Forever after the first disc, but disc 2 failed to live up to the first. It may just be too much. I feel like condensing it would have produced a sure fire classic. As it is, this is pretty good.
I said disc two wasn't as good as the first, that's all. And if you look here at this poll, in which YOU voted, you seem to agree with me,

http://www.wutang-corp.com/forum/pol...ts&pollid=5672

Finally, I said there is some filler, which is to be expected from an album of 41 tracks. I never said there was "too much" filler.

Old 03-03-2013, 02:20 PM   #262
soob
PRODIGAL SUN

soob prodigal sonsoob prodigal sonsoob prodigal sonsoob prodigal sonsoob prodigal sonsoob prodigal son

Does anybody could post the lyrics of "Currents Of Events" ? Priest drops an amazing story of it, but my English is still not good nuff to hear all of these words !

"I know your deeds, that you are neither cold nor hot. I wish you were either one or the other! So, because you are lukewarm—neither hot nor cold—I am about to spit you out of my mouth" (Rev. 3:15-16)
soob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 03:44 PM   #263
BRASSKNUCKLED PAI MEI
Are U aware I ban @ will?

BRASSKNUCKLED PAI MEI King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)BRASSKNUCKLED PAI MEI King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)BRASSKNUCKLED PAI MEI King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)BRASSKNUCKLED PAI MEI King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)BRASSKNUCKLED PAI MEI King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)BRASSKNUCKLED PAI MEI King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)BRASSKNUCKLED PAI MEI King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)BRASSKNUCKLED PAI MEI King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)BRASSKNUCKLED PAI MEI King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)BRASSKNUCKLED PAI MEI King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)BRASSKNUCKLED PAI MEI King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)

I've read most of the comments here.

I listened to this album and honestly I was not impressed. It doesnt sound like the producers collaborated with Priest.

Tracks are hit or miss.

My issue is with Priests delivery/cadence and how he structures his rhymes with several tracks on this album.

As I was listening I felt something was off and after listening to other albums by Priest and various other artists I returned to this album and realised it was the way Priest was delivering his rhymes/bars.

IMO Great artists have the ability to have their voice and rhymes add to and compliment the overall production/music. And their rhymes are usual indictitive of the music. (I.E. Ominous sounding beats are complimented by ominous lyrics, which adds atmosphere to a song - for example see Carefull, Click Click - Wutang, Thug is a Drug - Mos Def.)

On several tracks Priest delivery doesnt compliment the music, his rhymes seem to be competing with the music for the listeners ear.

Priest sounds like he isn't feeling/emoting what he's rhyming.

Other times it just seems like Priest is just rhyming with no regard to the beat.

I didnt notice and emphasis in his rhymes (I.E. No pause to emphasize words No change of voice during delivery.)

This album has a lot to digest. I am still listening. I do however like

Listen To Me
Salute
Fire Stone
The Park
Lotus Flower
Energy Work

Theres more but I cant think of them because the track "Music of the Spheres" is so fucking aweful I was scratching my head as to what he was trying to accomplish. The Beat is chopped and edited as if the engineer/producer was'nt paid or just didnt give a shit so they pushed this out trying to be original and different. It doesnt work.

Before everyone starts to bash me remember this is just my opinion.
Old 03-03-2013, 03:53 PM   #264
beautifulrock
BIG DOUGH KEBAB

I don't disagree with a lot of what you are saying.

On several tracks Priest delivery doesnt compliment the music, his rhymes seem to be competing with the music for the listeners ear.

This I completely agree with.

Old 03-03-2013, 03:57 PM   #265
beautifulrock
BIG DOUGH KEBAB

I actually do think there is a lot of emotion in these tracks, I just don't think Priest goes out of his way to emphasize those emotions. Remember, we live in an emotionally dead society, and displaying emotion simply isn't cool.

Music of the Spheres has great lyrics and an abhorrent beat. It could have been a classic.

Old 03-03-2013, 04:03 PM   #266
UNCLE RUCKUS
Fearless Vampire Killer

UNCLE RUCKUS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)UNCLE RUCKUS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)UNCLE RUCKUS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)UNCLE RUCKUS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)UNCLE RUCKUS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)UNCLE RUCKUS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)UNCLE RUCKUS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)UNCLE RUCKUS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)UNCLE RUCKUS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)UNCLE RUCKUS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)UNCLE RUCKUS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)
Send a message via AIM to UNCLE RUCKUS

Shits still incredible to me

Devotion of the Saints
New Reality
Lotus Flower
L Thianine
Think Priest
Salute
Peace God
The Winged People
Shadow Landz

are all on constant repeat
UNCLE RUCKUS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 04:05 PM   #267
BRASSKNUCKLED PAI MEI
Are U aware I ban @ will?

BRASSKNUCKLED PAI MEI King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)BRASSKNUCKLED PAI MEI King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)BRASSKNUCKLED PAI MEI King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)BRASSKNUCKLED PAI MEI King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)BRASSKNUCKLED PAI MEI King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)BRASSKNUCKLED PAI MEI King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)BRASSKNUCKLED PAI MEI King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)BRASSKNUCKLED PAI MEI King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)BRASSKNUCKLED PAI MEI King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)BRASSKNUCKLED PAI MEI King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)BRASSKNUCKLED PAI MEI King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)

Spheres could have been great but the Rza didnt get a hold of it to make it work.

"I actually do think there is a lot of emotion in these tracks"

I agree. There are tracks with some emotion, but those are the exception.

"Remember, we live in an emotionally dead society, and displaying emotion simply isn't cool. "

^ If Priest took that and used it as the concept for this album It would have been better. His lyrics are deep. If he had that concept then went in with his lyrics I believe the album would have had a better cohesiveness.
Old 03-03-2013, 04:11 PM   #268
UNCLE RUCKUS
Fearless Vampire Killer

UNCLE RUCKUS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)UNCLE RUCKUS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)UNCLE RUCKUS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)UNCLE RUCKUS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)UNCLE RUCKUS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)UNCLE RUCKUS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)UNCLE RUCKUS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)UNCLE RUCKUS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)UNCLE RUCKUS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)UNCLE RUCKUS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)UNCLE RUCKUS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)
Send a message via AIM to UNCLE RUCKUS

I would give this a perfect rating after a week of listening there are of tracks (Super God, Lord Marduk) that are out of place but this is an astonishing record
UNCLE RUCKUS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 05:54 PM   #269
CEITEDMOFO
DuncanHine Monument Cakes

CEITEDMOFO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)CEITEDMOFO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)CEITEDMOFO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)CEITEDMOFO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)CEITEDMOFO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)CEITEDMOFO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)CEITEDMOFO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)CEITEDMOFO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)CEITEDMOFO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)CEITEDMOFO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)CEITEDMOFO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

TONITE WE RIDE IS A BANGER UP THIS VERSION WHERE ITS PRIEST DOIN THE HOOK SO I CAN DELETE THE ALBUMS HORRIBLE VERSIoN

Last edited by CEITEDMOFO; 03-03-2013 at 05:58 PM.
CEITEDMOFO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 06:06 PM   #270
ShaDynasty
Bastard Bastard Bastard

ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)
Send a message via MSN to ShaDynasty

its hit and miss but the tracks that work are nuggets of genius.

i kind of know what bens saying, but imo thats just the way priest always sounds, slightly offbeat. less rhythmic and more spoken word.
ShaDynasty is offline   Reply With Quote