news
wu-tang clan
bio's
media
store
blogs
forum
contact

Go Back   Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan > The Elements > Wu-Tang Chamber

View Poll Results: Has Priest done it again?
Classic 30 44.12%
Superior 18 26.47%
Banger 15 22.06%
Average 4 5.88%
Mediocre 0 0%
Wack 1 1.47%
Voters: 68. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-04-2013, 04:23 PM   #286
racist randy
Banned

racist randy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)racist randy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)racist randy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)racist randy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)racist randy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)racist randy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)racist randy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)racist randy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)racist randy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)racist randy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)racist randy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)
Send a message via AIM to racist randy

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Daniel Davis View Post
Is this in stores? I have not been able to find it at all.
Online only.
racist randy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 04:24 PM   #287
Galvatron97
Wu-Tang Martial Expert

Galvatron97 grasshopper

I agree with some of the things that are being said about the lack of emotion on some tracks....the beats themselves are emotional, but sometimes Priest's tone and flow and cadence do not convey those emotions lyrically....

Emotional tracks like The Park, The Elders Gave Us Aura, Love Is Life, They Say, etc sometimes Priest sounds monotone on them.

IF you really want to FEEL emotion on a track, I always think of Ghost on Impossible....

Galvatron97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 04:53 PM   #288
Gitche Manito
Le Maître de la Vie

Gitche Manito shaolin monk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galvatron97 View Post

IF you really want to FEEL emotion on a track, I always think of Ghost on Impossible....
Which is NOT what I normally look for in hip-hop.
Comme les ombres de la nuit.
Gitche Manito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 05:34 PM   #289
UNCLE RUCKUS
Fearless Vampire Killer

UNCLE RUCKUS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)UNCLE RUCKUS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)UNCLE RUCKUS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)UNCLE RUCKUS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)UNCLE RUCKUS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)UNCLE RUCKUS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)UNCLE RUCKUS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)UNCLE RUCKUS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)UNCLE RUCKUS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)UNCLE RUCKUS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)UNCLE RUCKUS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)
Send a message via AIM to UNCLE RUCKUS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollow Dartz View Post
Life is Good, was on point. Near Classic status. Lyrics are impeccable. production on point. IDK what you're talking about. Like i said I win either way as a fan. Anyways kid, I'm not trying to feed the troll just saying the only people you'll catch saying Priest is better than Nas are on Wu corp. and Killahpriest.com lol. Have a nice day.
Nas' hated on here for some reason I don't think I'd say Priests discog. is comprable to Nas' but this is better than life is good for sure and I enjoyed that lp
UNCLE RUCKUS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 06:25 PM   #290
JASPER BEARDLY
Fan of the real

JASPER BEARDLY fist of furyJASPER BEARDLY fist of furyJASPER BEARDLY fist of furyJASPER BEARDLY fist of furyJASPER BEARDLY fist of furyJASPER BEARDLY fist of furyJASPER BEARDLY fist of furyJASPER BEARDLY fist of furyJASPER BEARDLY fist of furyJASPER BEARDLY fist of furyJASPER BEARDLY fist of fury

last year this album never coming out kinda ruined music for me

wasn't able to get excited for anything.. have ordered a bunch of stuff and haven't really gotten around to listening to it for various reasons

it lived up to its potential

RIP
JASPER BEARDLY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 06:26 PM   #291
ShaDynasty
Bastard Bastard Bastard

ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)
Send a message via MSN to ShaDynasty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gitche Manito View Post
Which is NOT what I normally look for in hip-hop.
what is music for?! if you don't want it to make you feel anything why even bother?
It's my little cousin Daz and he's fucking my ho...
https://soundcloud.com/neyonshell
ShaDynasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 08:02 PM   #292
UNCLE RUCKUS
Fearless Vampire Killer

UNCLE RUCKUS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)UNCLE RUCKUS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)UNCLE RUCKUS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)UNCLE RUCKUS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)UNCLE RUCKUS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)UNCLE RUCKUS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)UNCLE RUCKUS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)UNCLE RUCKUS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)UNCLE RUCKUS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)UNCLE RUCKUS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)UNCLE RUCKUS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)
Send a message via AIM to UNCLE RUCKUS

If peace god or new reality don't move you you may be numb
UNCLE RUCKUS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 11:53 PM   #293
Gitche Manito
Le Maître de la Vie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Machine Gun Funk View Post
what is music for?! if you don't want it to make you feel anything why even bother?
When I bump hip-hop, I expect the beat to provide the emotion and the lyrics the imagery and ideas. If I want the vocal performance to convey the bulk of the emotion, I will listen to something else than hip-hop.
Old 03-05-2013, 06:31 AM   #294
KJR
Master Ninja

KJR iron monkeyKJR iron monkeyKJR iron monkeyKJR iron monkey

^Personally, I like vocally inflected hip hop but only if it's done right. Sometimes, it comes off as cheesy and forced.
KJR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 09:06 AM   #295
Gitche Manito
Le Maître de la Vie

Quote:
Originally Posted by KJR View Post
^Personally, I like vocally inflected hip hop but only if it's done right. Sometimes, it comes off as cheesy and forced.
Of course I don't hate it either when it's done right, which is rather rare in my opinion. But it's not what I look for in hip-hop. For example I like RZA's and U-God's flows on Impossible just as much as Ghost's.

And I've never been a big fan of I Can't Go To Sleep.
Old 03-05-2013, 09:36 AM   #296
REANIMATED
Veteran Member

REANIMATED five deadly venomsREANIMATED five deadly venomsREANIMATED five deadly venomsREANIMATED five deadly venomsREANIMATED five deadly venomsREANIMATED five deadly venomsREANIMATED five deadly venomsREANIMATED five deadly venomsREANIMATED five deadly venoms

this song DESTROYS all of czarface...

decks verse here >>> anything he spit for esoteric

the beat is better than anything gay 7l put together too

any of you geeks still listening to that boring piece of shit album!?!?!?!?!?!

czarface = FAILURE

the PWOWR = a tidal wave of classic material

listening to killah p >>> reading books

priest wrote this album in outerspace and brought it back to earth to share with wu geeks thanks killah
REANIMATED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 02:57 PM   #297
Jin10304
Veteran Member

Jin10304 five deadly venomsJin10304 five deadly venomsJin10304 five deadly venomsJin10304 five deadly venomsJin10304 five deadly venomsJin10304 five deadly venomsJin10304 five deadly venomsJin10304 five deadly venoms

Czarface is still a banger.

"decks verse here >>> anything he spit for esoteric"

Naw he again reused more of his own lines. Deck now uses multi-syllabel rhyme patterns with no substance, rhyme JUST to rhyme & have caught dude reciting/repeating his own material for years now.
Jin10304 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 06:12 PM   #298
josborne3680
Peace CT

josborne3680 drunken mastajosborne3680 drunken masta

I like the Czarface album a lot, to me its easily one of the best Wu releases in a long time. I just got the KP CD yesterday so I am only halfway through Disc 2. I am not blown away by the beats on it so far, but KP is obviously on point. Plus I def need more time, a lot of material here. Peace
josborne3680 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 07:55 PM   #299
Creepshow
Pirate Gunslinger

Creepshow iron monkeyCreepshow iron monkeyCreepshow iron monkey

Aside from a couple blunders and a small handful of so so songs, this album is fantastic.

New Reality and Lotus Flower are my top two tracks.
Old 03-05-2013, 10:09 PM   #300
beautifulrock
BIG DOUGH KEBAB

beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

This album makes me wish Killah Priest never fell asleep while MK did Mystery of Chessboxin'. Can you imagine if he was the 9th member? No offense to MK but nobody would doubt Wu-Tang was not only the best hip-hop act of all time, but any genre of music. No offense to the Beatles....

While you were busy dissing Wu like a bitch ass/ I was getting served after sex breakfast/ Yeah, that BBW groupie shit/ can get you served a droopy dick/ fuck what you're speaking/ 'cause I throw W's with Puerto Ricans
beautifulrock is offline   Reply With Quote