news
wu-tang clan
bio's
media
store
blogs
forum
contact

Go Back   Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan > The Elements > Wu-Tang Chamber

View Poll Results: Has Priest done it again?
Classic 30 44.12%
Superior 18 26.47%
Banger 15 22.06%
Average 4 5.88%
Mediocre 0 0%
Wack 1 1.47%
Voters: 68. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-06-2013, 11:20 AM   #301
RADIOACTIVE MAN
Alphomega man

RADIOACTIVE MAN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)RADIOACTIVE MAN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)RADIOACTIVE MAN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)RADIOACTIVE MAN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)RADIOACTIVE MAN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)RADIOACTIVE MAN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)RADIOACTIVE MAN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)RADIOACTIVE MAN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)RADIOACTIVE MAN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)RADIOACTIVE MAN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)RADIOACTIVE MAN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Quote:
Originally Posted by beautifulrock View Post
This album makes me wish Killah Priest never fell asleep while MK did Mystery of Chessboxin'. Can you imagine if he was the 9th member? No offense to MK but nobody would doubt Wu-Tang was not only the best hip-hop act of all time, but any genre of music. No offense to the Beatles....
Ladies and gentlemen....the best comment on this thread thus far? YES I THINK SO

astro eden"- the new album,get it here
http://www.sendspace.com/file/pbnrft
RADIOACTIVE MAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 12:47 PM   #302
Longbongcilvaringz

Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

I never realised people here regarded KP so highly, i just figured most people thought Heavy Mental was classic and that's about it. I better listen to this album i guess.

Longbongcilvaringz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 01:37 PM   #303
Longbongcilvaringz

Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Disc 1 is dense.

Longbongcilvaringz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 09:50 PM   #304
Bodega Pop Tartz
Don't grab my jacket dunn

Bodega Pop Tartz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Bodega Pop Tartz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Bodega Pop Tartz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Bodega Pop Tartz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Bodega Pop Tartz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Bodega Pop Tartz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Bodega Pop Tartz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Bodega Pop Tartz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Bodega Pop Tartz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Bodega Pop Tartz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Bodega Pop Tartz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)
Send a message via AIM to Bodega Pop Tartz

After letting this soak in for almost two weeks, I have come to four conclusions.
1. Not better than Heavy mental in any way, beats, lyrics, flow
2. I might've put this over the offering if this were one disc. MIGHT'VE .
3. This is neck and neck with black August, I would give this the edge due to the fact that this is a double disc.
4. 1. Heavy Mental 2. The Offering 3. The PWOWR 4. Black August 5. Elizabeth 6. Behind the Stained Glass. 7. Priesthood 8. View From Masada
Bodega Pop Tartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 10:20 PM   #305
the silencer
king disguised as beggar.

the silencer Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)the silencer Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)the silencer Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)the silencer Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)the silencer Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)the silencer Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)the silencer Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)the silencer Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)the silencer Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)the silencer Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)the silencer Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

^ I'm in agreement with that list

though I'd say this is very close to The Offering... for me its Heavy Mental/The Offering/PWOWR at the top and then everything else far down below

mainly because we get everything Priest has to offer on here: gigantic stomping battle tracks, zoned out cosmic trips, his signature accapella poetics, Wu bangers, intricately-crafted storytelling, conspiracy Da Vinci Code shit

all of it in abundance.... there's really nothing lacking here

some of the beats I'm not crazy about but they perfectly fit the theme he's going for right from the beginning, a kind of electro-cosmic mystical trip
Old 03-07-2013, 05:15 AM   #306
beautifulrock
BIG DOUGH KEBAB

beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

I really don't see after multiple listens, how you can put the Offering over this. It's really like a beefed up version of the Offering. I'm actually astonished Hollow, that you immediately wanted to call this a classic, and now you're backing off the gas, whereas I wasn't ready to call it a classic, but after several listens and digesting the lyrics, I'm damn close to calling it one. I even don't think Super God or Nazareth are that bad anymore. It's lines like this that are the reason:

"I told him light travels faster than sound, that's why you appeared brighter before you spoke."

While you were busy dissing Wu like a bitch ass/ I was getting served after sex breakfast/ Yeah, that BBW groupie shit/ can get you served a droopy dick/ fuck what you're speaking/ 'cause I throw W's with Puerto Ricans

Last edited by beautifulrock; 03-07-2013 at 05:23 AM.
beautifulrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 06:54 AM   #307
the dagger
heart to heart

the dagger Village Idiot

^^^ and traveling a space car going faster than the speed of light.. But then he turns his headlights on.....crazy ..my vote
classic
the dagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 08:01 AM   #308
MauiLife
The Captain

MauiLife crouching tiger

Wow.

My jaw is dropping listening to "New Reality"

fucking wow.

just...WOW

MauiLife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 09:30 AM   #309
BRASSKNUCKLED PAI MEI
Are U aware I ban @ will?

BRASSKNUCKLED PAI MEI King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)BRASSKNUCKLED PAI MEI King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)BRASSKNUCKLED PAI MEI King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)BRASSKNUCKLED PAI MEI King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)BRASSKNUCKLED PAI MEI King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)BRASSKNUCKLED PAI MEI King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)BRASSKNUCKLED PAI MEI King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)BRASSKNUCKLED PAI MEI King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)BRASSKNUCKLED PAI MEI King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)BRASSKNUCKLED PAI MEI King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)BRASSKNUCKLED PAI MEI King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)

Quote:
It's lines like this that are the reason:

"I told him light travels faster than sound, that's why you appeared brighter before you spoke."

That line stuck out to me the second he said it.
Old 03-07-2013, 12:19 PM   #310
KJR
Master Ninja

KJR iron monkeyKJR iron monkeyKJR iron monkeyKJR iron monkey

Okay guys, I just got my copy in the mail, but I already own a digital version of the album. What I'm wondering is, do you guys think I should open this or do you think a sealed copy of this CD will be worth something someday?

There's not anything overly cool in the album is there? (like a poster or something)
KJR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 12:29 PM   #311
beautifulrock
BIG DOUGH KEBAB

beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Oy vey

While you were busy dissing Wu like a bitch ass/ I was getting served after sex breakfast/ Yeah, that BBW groupie shit/ can get you served a droopy dick/ fuck what you're speaking/ 'cause I throw W's with Puerto Ricans
beautifulrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 03:56 PM   #312
money4life
SLIMEY SAVAGE

money4life shaolin monk

Epic album. Masterclass. This album gets better with time. The more I listen the more I appreciate and uncover the hiidden mystery and genius to this album. Now I'm addicted to Tower(The visitors) track. The music of the spheres track is ridiculously sick. The track was meant to be totally offbeat. Dope

Last edited by money4life; 03-07-2013 at 04:05 PM.
money4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 04:51 PM   #313
BRASSKNUCKLED PAI MEI
Are U aware I ban @ will?

BRASSKNUCKLED PAI MEI King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)BRASSKNUCKLED PAI MEI King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)BRASSKNUCKLED PAI MEI King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)BRASSKNUCKLED PAI MEI King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)BRASSKNUCKLED PAI MEI King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)BRASSKNUCKLED PAI MEI King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)BRASSKNUCKLED PAI MEI King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)BRASSKNUCKLED PAI MEI King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)BRASSKNUCKLED PAI MEI King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)BRASSKNUCKLED PAI MEI King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)BRASSKNUCKLED PAI MEI King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)

I guess you can nod off beat to it to^
Old 03-07-2013, 04:59 PM   #314
KJR
Master Ninja

KJR iron monkeyKJR iron monkeyKJR iron monkeyKJR iron monkey

Quote:
Oy vey
Seriously though, do you think it'll be worth anything? Are the lyrics included in the CD?
KJR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 05:18 PM   #315
food for thought
Duppy Conquerer

Location: SHAKA ZULU BOBO SHANTI NYABINGHI MAN A MAU MAU WARRIOR
food for thought Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)food for thought Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)food for thought Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)food for thought Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)food for thought Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)food for thought Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)food for thought Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)food for thought Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)food for thought Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)food for thought Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)food for thought Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

^my primary concern would be whether the sound quality is better with the physical cd instead of the format you downloaded

food for thought is offline   Reply With Quote